The "NICE" Admin
    vCash

Yoshie Onda article

http://gendai.net/articles/view/geino/141476

After hanging up skates, she skated with Prince Ice World for a while. She also started coaching children in Nagoya. She felt teaching was her job rather than skating pro, and founded "Superior Aichi Figure Skating Club" in 2008 and has 9 students (all girls).

In 2010, one of her students won the Aichi Figure Skating Competition. She was "Over the moon", but the student (?) didn't get much results in the Aichi Prefecture figure skating championship and was "quite shocked".

"I admit that I was a strict coach in the beginning. I've mellowed now. I don't want to have mood swings watching the results. My priority is to tell them the importance of making efforts/working hard. Hopefully become a respectable coach."

vCash
    Thanks for the article ! Too bad there's no pic :-/

vCash
    Yoshie Onda!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Yoshie! I'll always remember her amazing LP during the 05-06 Japanese Nationals - she had the skate of her life and still finished 4th! Tough competition. She had amazing jumps (when they were on) and a lovely smile.

vCash
    One of the best moments after that free skate was when Yoshie's old coach, Machiko Yamada, came into the kiss and cry and embraced her. Yoshie acquitted herself very well with that program. It was a shame she didn't have a very successful 2006 worlds.

vCash
    ^Right at the very end of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtDPKgEUtrM

vCash
    She was a very powerful skater. I wish she had been able to have more freedom in what kind of themes and music she skated to. She could have been kind of a female Elvis Stojko, but the only thing that seemed to lead to success in "ladiezzz" was the standard pwetty pwincess template. That just wasn't her. I hope she enjoys coaching and achieves success.

vCash
    Thank you for the article. It is interesting that her family had a family meeting every year during her offseason to discuss her skating future(whether to continue or hang up). I can't wait to see her as a coach at an international event soon!

vCash
    Nice to know that Yoshie is still involved in fs. Always loved her smile.