Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ma Brnice Mit

vCash
    Get her a dance coach please. She's so stiff and moves like a bull in a china shop. She has the technique but really needs to work on her presentation.

vCash
    I quite enjoy Meite; her stiff, powerful skating, and interesting costuming is a a breath of fresh air after an hour of waify, slow, pretty, powerless GFBs (did I use enough adjectives there? Ha).

Silete is nice, too, but the French girl I like the most right now is Lanelle Gilleron-Gory. Her SP at Europeans was a revelation. Definitely deserved to be ahead of the Helgesson sisters. She almost beat Meite overall, too. Somehow her SP isn't on YouTube(?!?), but it was powerful, skary, voidy, and very different than anything I've seen in ladies in quite a while. She reminds me of Gusmeroli with a little dash of Hubert. Her LP wasn't nearly as impressive, quite sleepy, but I'm very excited to see her progress next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    And while she could loosen up a little, her choreography and style has much more purpose and conviction than Bonaly ever did in her competitive days (IMO anyway).
    Wow, I completely disagree. I find Meite to be extremely generic/lacking in theme in her programs, and her style is very unatural. I actually thought Surya, for all of her flaws in basic skating and technique , actually had concepts that really worked for her when it came to choreography and style. Her 1994 and 1998 SP's in particular come to mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by escaflowne9282 View Post
    Wow, I completely disagree. I find Meite to be extremely generic/lacking in theme in her programs, and her style is very unatural. I actually thought Surya, for all of her flaws in basic skating and technique , actually had concepts that really worked for her when it came to choreography and style. Her 1994 and 1998 SP's in particular come to mind.
    Well Bonaly's short programs were better, but her long programs almost always looked like she was making stuff up along the way and she wasn't sure what she was going to do next. I think a lot of it has to do with the difference between 6.0 and COP - there's little chance to improv under COP.

I agree that Meite is generic in style, and can look methodical, but Bonaly was really way too rough no matter how much she attempted to sell her programs. It's very much like comparing a suit designed and made by Walmart and one that is designed and made by some drunk people trying their best. Maybe I shouldn't say "has much more purpose and conviction" as just "has more".

vCash
    If Mae Berenice had been born earlier, do you think judges using 6.0 would reward her big and solid jumps more?

vCash
    I feel like we need to give some cheers to Meite for what had to be a frustrating worlds. Is it true that she will be going to Robin Cousins to work on her style?

vCash
    I saw Ma at the SA LP this year and that girl can be so electrifying and interesting when she nails it. I'm definitely a fan and can't wait to see what she'll come up with next.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I really enjoyed her skating at SA too.

vCash
    Silete's injury has really benefited Mae. She has developed into a pretty consistent and prominent skater in the past year. I like her but I dont love her - I am not sure she has much artistry or artistic range, and she needs better programs and packaging, IMO. But her big jumps are great. I was really hoping for a lot from Silete. I wonder if she will ever make it back to competition. Not familiar with Gilleron-Gorry yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    I feel like we need to give some cheers to Meite for what had to be a frustrating worlds. Is it true that she will be going to Robin Cousins to work on her style?
    Thank god. If she wants to move up, she needs to spend as much time with her dance coach as she does on the ice. Her movements lack tension and sharpness. Blues is hard enough to pull off as it is.

vCash
    Mae must have have felt pressure to earn France 2 spots for 2015 Worlds. I think she should be proud of her results at Europeans and Olympics this season. Unless Lecavillier or Gilleron Gory can make strides next year, I think Mae is still the odds on bet to continue as France's #1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12