• Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE

63 37.72%
  • Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT

47 28.14%
  • Elena ILINYKH / Nikita KATSALAPOV

7 4.19%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Who do you think should have won 2014 World Dance title ?

Who do you think should have won

vCash
    It was virtually a tie anyway, but I wanted P/B to win for sentimental reasons.

vCash
    This vote for W/P is purely a heart thing and not necessarily a disagreement with results

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by princeton123 View Post
    It was virtually a tie anyway, but I wanted P/B to win for sentimental reasons.
    MTE, but I really have no issue with how it turned out since I&K are FORTH!
    Last edited by escaflowne9282; 03-30-2014 at 05:35 AM.

vCash
    I am sorry to say but anyone who votes for Ilinykh & Katsalapov should be slapped silly. Their SD error was HUGE and there is no way a win for them could be merited over teams who delivered 2 excellent dances. They did win the FD (probably rightfully so) so the judges did all for them they could or should have.

I suspect the bulk of the votes will go to Weaver & Poje or Pechalat & Bourzat. I watched the event with a group of people and none of us agreed with Capellini & Lanotte's win, even though none of us though it was a terrible result or were upset by it, but not what we would have picked. I am super happy with C&L nonetheless, but their getting higher PCS than P&B and W&P in the FD was questionable at best. I went with W&P.

vCash
    P/B because they should have been scored even higher for that FD.

vCash
    I don't know. My favorites were Pechalat&Bourzat, but I admit they didn't deliver their best.
    Anyway, it's a difficult year for me ! With Sotnikova Olympic champion and Capellini&Lanotte as European and World champion !!! Hahahaaaaa

vCash
    Lol I voted for I/K cos I wanted them to win (but Nikita ) and that defeats the purpose of the poll.... but I'm happy with the results. I would've also liked P/B to win.

vCash
    While I was hoping that Nathalie & Fabian would win, I was very happy for Anna & Luca, who were superb. For that matter, I was very happy with the entire podium, and it was so close among the three teams, anyway.

vCash
    I thought Nathalie & Fabien were great in the free dance. They were technically strong, fast, gorgeous. But I love their Little Prince FD, whereas I know a lot of people don't care for it.

I would've given the nod to P/B on the basis of the free dance. However, I agree that Capellini/Lanotte had by far the best short dance. They were really fantastic in the SD. So I don't have a problem with them winning overall, and actually I'm really excited for them. They're a lovely team, and to go from a distant sixth at the Olympics all the way to a World title is exciting.

Weaver/Poje were very strong in the free dance, but I just don't like their SD. Especially seeing it back-to-back with the Italians, and with them using the same music, I just thought the Italians' interpretation of 42nd Street was so much better. I thought their scores in the SD were too close, I would have had W/P at least a half-point further back. And they made up ground in the FD, but not enough IMO. W/P continue to struggle with program selection, it seems like every season one of their programs is simply great, but the other is mediocre.

I didn't agree with I/K winning the FD. It felt labored and flat to me, like they were having to work for it, rather than it flowing naturally. And without that partisan Russian crowd . . . I thought they were really held up in PCS.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    I would have been fine with either Anna & Luca or Nathalie & Fabian winning.

vCash
    The results were so close, it was practically a tie. I would have personally preferred W&P because I think the difficulty of their FD is something they haven't been getting credit for all season, as well as the sharpness of their delivery. I think they get scored the way they do because of how the judges see them and not for what they actually put out there. I'm hoping since they are no longer the #2 Canadian team, and fighting like hell against a NA sweep should no longer be a priority, that will change.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    I wished WeaPo would've skated just a little more like they did at Olys. I think they just missed it here.

It was a tie for all intents and purposes, so I'm totally for it going to Anna & Luca.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    I think C/L have not always gotten the placements they deserved. It's like they are so pretty that the judges don't take them seriously or something. So I'm thrilled with this result. As others have said, they deserved to win the SD & they were placed fairly in the FD so their win should be uncontested. I understand wanting someone else to win but I don't understand any wuzrobbing. (Not that I've seen any here but there was plenty in the dance thread.)

I have always loved them since they were 1st time seniors but my fandom went to another level at the comp where Gregory/Petukhov fell & were injured in 2007. Anna & Luca were on the ice with them & the concern on their faces was so endearing to me. Luca was the 1st one to get to Denis & both he & Anna were so rattled that they couldn't finish warming up.
    Last edited by taf2002; 03-30-2014 at 05:06 PM.

vCash
    C&L are doing better in this poll than I thought they would by the post event comments. That is good to see.

vCash
    I also don't mind that C/L have won and I voted for them. They had the best SD, quite good FD, and overall deserved 1st place. I think both W/P and P/B also skated great and I'm happy that they received medals.

vCash
    I have no issues with the final results. It was a tight competition & that's just the way the cookie crumbled this time around.
    Bringing bitchy back like Anabelle Langlois

Sabre-rattler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clairecloutier View Post
    I thought Nathalie & Fabien were great in the free dance. They were technically strong, fast, gorgeous. But I love their Little Prince FD, whereas I know a lot of people don't care for it.

I would've given the nod to P/B on the basis of the free dance. However, I agree that Capellini/Lanotte had by far the best short dance. They were really fantastic in the SD. So I don't have a problem with them winning overall, and actually I'm really excited for them. They're a lovely team, and to go from a distant sixth at the Olympics all the way to a World title is exciting.

Weaver/Poje were very strong in the free dance, but I just don't like their SD. Especially seeing it back-to-back with the Italians, and with them using the same music, I just thought the Italians' interpretation of 42nd Street was so much better. I thought their scores in the SD were too close, I would have had W/P at least a half-point further back. And they made up ground in the FD, but not enough IMO. W/P continue to struggle with program selection, it seems like every season one of their programs is simply great, but the other is mediocre.

I didn't agree with I/K winning the FD. It felt labored and flat to me, like they were having to work for it, rather than it flowing naturally. And without that partisan Russian crowd . . . I thought they were really held up in PCS.
    I actually agree with nearly everything you said.

Heading in to the event, I placed my money on I/K, and if they had skated like they did in Sochi, I would have said they deserved the win (even though I think they still have a lot of growing to do and are nowhere near the mature artists that P/B are). But the SD twizzle catastrophe took them completely out of contention in a race with .6 difference between 1 and 3.

I REALLY wanted this for P/B. J'adore le Petit Prince!!! It's just one of my favorite programs of all time ... but I think it's too softly nuanced and muted for people to think of it as a "showstopper program," and so I think that judges may unconsciously mark it lower in PE and IN and CH. I don't mind that it's more subtle and whimsical than bombastic. (I mean, I also love showstopper programs, like I/K's Black Swan Lake or Scheherazade.) But P/B weren't quite as fab as in Sochi, alas. Meanwhile, Anna and Luca were on fire!

Poor Nathalie looked so grey and wan and sick and devastated on the podium, and the silver-medal screwup by Speedy, though sort of hilarious to everyone else, looked like it was actively torturing her. Awww. But L/C really pulled out all the stops−I liked their programs better than I ever had, as if they were being performed at a whole different level−and it was super heartwarming how Anna broke out in happy sobs at the result.

I like W/P a lot and think they will be seriously vying for gold this next quad. But their tango just rubs me the wrong way, though they perform it very well. It just doesn't suit them, or I just don't buy it.

I'm really excited that there is a virtual 4-way tie at the top in this new era of ice dance post-V/M and post-D/W. Also that we have a compelling successor to P/B in Hurtado/Diaz.
    Like a leaf on the wind

vCash
    Pechalat and Bourzat all the way - that free dance was BRILLIANT!

vCash
    I&K suck. They should have finished 7th behind Chock & Bates, the Shibutanis, and Gilles & Poirier at this event. They made major mistakes, and their technical and artistic abilities arent god like aside from the mistakes like they treated. Their footwork is weak, and their twizzles suck even when executed, and he isnt the skater she is. It is disgusting the judges would have given them the title on a gold platter had they simply not made a huge error in one of the programs.

As for who should have won Weaver & Poje. They outskated the Italians but it was an all Euro panel so we cant have a non European winner can we. One of P&B, C&L, or I&K always had to win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast