View Poll Results: Which Helgesson do you want to go to the Olympics?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Victoria

27 84.38%
  • Joshi

5 15.63%
    vCash

The Helgesson Sisters Thread: 2013 and Beyond

Viktoria Helgesson looked like she was selling her programs well at this worlds, but how well did she do for herself and for Sweden? In London she scored her highest points at a world championships since 2010 Worlds. Her 14th finish was not spectacular (she finished 11th in 2012 and 17th in 2011), and considering her many jump problems in the free skate, she could have theoretically done better. She had a decent short program. What do you think of her progress?

What do you think of her sister Joshi?

The Swedes will have one spot in 2014. Based on 2012-13, which Helgesson do you want to see at the Olympics?

Compared with the Kwan or Asada sisters, the Helgessons don't have big differences between them technically. How would you compare them, and who is better?
    Last edited by TheIronLady; 03-20-2013 at 03:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    Viktoria Helgesson looked like she was selling her programs at this worlds, but how well did she do for herself and for Sweden? In London she scored her highest points at a world championships since 2010 Worlds. Her 14th finish was not spectacular (she finished 11th in 2012 and 17th in 2011), and considering her many jump problems in the free skate, she could have theoretically done better. She had a decent short program. What do you think of her progress?

What do you think of her sister Joshi?

The Swedes will have one spot in 2014. Based on 2012-13, which Helgesson do you want to see at the Olympics?

Compared with the Kwan or Asada sisters, the Helgessons don't have big differences between them technically. How would you compare them, and who is better?
    Viktoria, of course.

I really loved her short programme - she sold it really well. Deep edges, good flow, lovely and mature presentation. Even with just a triple-toe-double toe and triple loop, she totally deserved a top ten place after the short. (Glad the judges went with it)

That said, I find both quite pleasant to watch. That's why it was a shame she couldn't quite hold onto 2 spots.

Joshi can stay beyond Sochi and aim for the next Olympics

Anyway, next season Sweden will have 3 spots at the Europeans. It's quite an achievement for the Helgesson sisters in fact - flying the Swedish flag up high at the European level.

vCash
    I like Viktoria because her skating (especially those twizzles) are awesome. Joshi does a nice 'Tano Lutz.
    I think Isabelle Olsson might rise up next season to beat both of them. She has the jumps going for her, or at least more so than the Helgesson sisters.

vCash
    A little unfortunate that a top 10 finish was required this year since only Viktoria went to Worlds (Joshi and Viktoria went together only in 2011).

At least there will be one Swedish lady going to this Olympics, as Joshi could not qualify a spot at 2009 Nebelhorn, therefore there was no Swedish lady in 2010.

vCash
    Viktoria is just amazing. Soft, elegant, feminine skating which flows over the ice beautifully. It's a real shame that she's not a stronger jumper and only one sister can go to Olympics (well Olsson will have to say something about that as well!).

Also, it's outrageous that Leonova was placed above her at Worlds.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 03-20-2013 at 01:58 PM.

vCash
    Viktoria is the only valid answer ..

And nothing personal against Joshie but I'd rather see Isabelle Olsson on a ISU championship.

vCash
    I went with Viktoria because she has been fighting for higher components, and her programs are more intricate and fluid than they used to be. She is the most alluring to watch. She still is not very promising in the jumps.

Joshi seems to be more ordinary than her sister right now, but I believe if Joshi can execute her content, she could actually be better. She seems to have more strength.

vCash
    Nothing personal against Isabelle Olson, but from this video she looks like a hot mess. There is generic IJS choreography, telegraphed entrances, falls, and some incomplete spins. She has a lovely line and potential, but I think Joshi is a lot stronger than this:

Isabelle Olsson Swedish National 2012 FS

vCash
    Olsson had a really fun flight attendant SP though this season:
    Isabelle Olsson SP - Warsaw Cup 2012

Joshi used to be very forgettable but I think that her programs this season were very interesting. She went the kooky, voidy route and it worked.

Both Helgesson sisters are awesome and interesting to watch, in different ways.

vCash
    Viktoria, and then Joshi can go in 2018. That way they will both have their chance. Also, Viktoria is one of my favourites. I like her performances better than Joshi's.

vCash
    Joshi is a Valkyrie. I want to see her do a duet with Mai-Berenice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Joshi is a Valkyrie. I want to see her do a duet with Mai-Berenice.
    That would be awesome. Joshi is better at actual skating than Mae is, but they are both warrior women.

vCash
    I really like Joshi but Victoria is a more complete skater. She really makes the most of her talent. I did not enjoy her free this season as much as last years but she is beautiful to watch even with errors. I really think she is under-marked in several events I have watched her skate in.

vCash
    Her SP really impressed me this year. It was a great skating performance, and I think she has improved a lot more than her scores reflected.