“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash

Blades too long for boots?

I ordered my blades the exact length of the boot, not a quarter inch short (oops). The metal part fits exactly but the heel plate is towards the back of the heel instead of in the middle. Can I still skate normally in these, or will it throw me off?

vCash
    My blades are the exact length of my boot. You should be fine. I am.

vCash
    The end of the heel plate is meant to be no more than 1/4" from the back of the boot heel, and when ordering you should give the full length measurement of the boot (not knocking off the quarter inch or the blade will be short), so yours will be fine.
    'The one. The only. Daisuke Takahashi ' Chris Howarth, EurosportUK

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    I'm browsing pics of used skates on ebay and a lot of people's blades are right at the end of the heel. So I guess I'm ok. Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    I'm browsing pics of used skates on ebay and a lot of people's blades are right at the end of the heel. So I guess I'm ok. Thanks!
    Yes, if your blades go anwhere from end-to-end or up to LESS than a quarter of an inch from the heel, you're all set.