Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellH View Post
    Wasn't Drew still looking, recently?
    HE'S TOO SHORT, HE'S TOO SHORT, HE'S TOO SHORT (and slight). :deadhorse: Lather, rinse, repeat.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    LOL! Not suggesting him, but was just asking if he was recently searching for someone.

vCash
    I have a feeling we will be very surprised by her next partner. No, I don't have any idea who. It is just a feeling I have.

I was really looking forward to seeing them compete.
    It's Andrew Speroff isn't it???

Gretchen!!!!

vCash
    I have a feeling we will be very surprised by her next partner. No, I don't have any idea who. It is just a feeling I have.

I was really looking forward to seeing them compete.
    I think she's going to retire and skate on a cruise ship.

Honestly, most people really need a reality check regarding Yankowskas. She's pretty and she was an elegant skater but she doesn't have the stick thin, tiny pre-pubescent girl body that is optimal for pairs and she was never a very strong or consistent jumper.

vCash
    ^ ITA. That's why I don't understand praises for Yankowskas such as she is "arguably the most talented American female pairs skater of the last 10 years." Seriously?

vCash
    Well, I am sure it must be a mistake...but it is interesting that Yakowskas' IPS profile lists dance under the "wants to compete" section rather than pairs.

vCash
    Honestly, most people really need a reality check regarding Yankowskas. She's pretty and she was an elegant skater but she doesn't have the stick thin, tiny pre-pubescent girl body that is optimal for pairs and she was never a very strong or consistent jumper.[/QUOTE]

Wow that is a little rough...yikes.

On another forum discussing this some of the comments were:

"Josh Regan has already found another partner". I heard it was Andrea Popst

"This is the third time Caitlin has been replaced".

"I'm really curious as to what caused this split....Seriously, what happened?
    From what I have heard, Reagan does not have the best work ethic and apparently he and Caitlin had many disagreements on the ice".

Maybe there is some truth to this. In pairs I can imagine if the couple had different focuses and work ethics it could cause a lot of problems. I have heard that Popst had issues with that as well and often times would not show at the rink during training and it caused issues. That was on a forum so I guess it is hearsay but if it is true....maybe they are better matched together P/R. Not everyone has to skate every second. Everyone trains differently so maybe it is better for him and Caitlin needs a partner who really really wants it and is a good compliment for her in more than just looks. I can't help saying that Rockne would be good. He can obviously skate with someone her size as Keauna was the exact same. He is extremely focused and is tough I hear with training. He has a strong work ethic. I know he is short but he's done it before. I know he is with Davis but you never know so maybe?? I also think Mark Ludwig would be a great way to get back into skating right now too but truly Mark and Lindsey should have stayed together. With fourth at Nationals that gave them a boost.

The Merry-GO- Round is just starting with pairs too so who knows??? Anything is possible I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I think she's going to retire and skate on a cruise ship.

Honestly, most people really need a reality check regarding Yankowskas. She's pretty and she was an elegant skater but she doesn't have the stick thin, tiny pre-pubescent girl body that is optimal for pairs and she was never a very strong or consistent jumper.
    THIS THIS THIS! My guess, she will never touch the competitive ice again. And really folks, Andrew Speroff? lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by figureit View Post
    Everyone trains differently so maybe it is better for him and Caitlin needs a partner who really really wants it and is a good compliment for her in more than just looks. I can't help saying that Rockne would be good. He can obviously skate with someone her size as Keauna was the exact same. He is extremely focused and is tough I hear with training. He has a strong work ethic. I know he is short but he's done it before. I know he is with Davis but you never know so maybe??
    How are they the exact same? Caitlin is 5'3". Keauna was barely over 5'0". 5'3" girls don't tend to partner with 5'8" guys, especially when they aren't twigs. So many people have mentioned Rockne for Caitlin, it's unbelievable. I guess because she was partnered with the 6'2" John Coughlin so many people have a warped idea of her size?
    Last edited by stjeaskategym; 03-22-2013 at 08:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayana_mnk View Post
    Well, I am sure it must be a mistake...but it is interesting that Yakowskas' IPS profile lists dance under the "wants to compete" section rather than pairs.
    Maybe she has realized her time in pairs has passed and is just trying to find a way to stay on the ice?

A height of 5'3" isn't a liability in dance at all, like it appears to be in pairs. However, the US has a pretty deep pairs field, so it will be tough to break into.

However, you may be right it is a mistake, because she says she wants to compete senior dance, and lists no tests at all. I guess if we start hearing about her taking dance tests, we'll know if it is true. I'm surprised she doesn't have at least the first few dance tests. Pretty much every skater I know has dabbled in dance enough to take the preliminary test by the time they get to novice or junior free.

vCash
    Tiffany Stiegler and Fedor Andreev switched to dance in their twenties under the supervison of Zoueva...I hope it is a typo too, but it may not be after all.

vCash
    Oleg Protopopov?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by figureit View Post
    On another forum discussing this some of the comments were: <snip>
    If you copy comments from another board to this one, you really should include the link: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...owskas-on-IPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Sayana_mnk View Post
    It must be a simple mistake since Yankowskas doesn't mention switching to dance in her profile comments.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-22-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    With all the expensive gifts Josh had bought Caitlin (and vice versa) I think these two don't need skating as much as those in direr financial situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by analia View Post
    With all the expensive gifts Josh had bought Caitlin (and vice versa) I think these two don't need skating as much as those in direr financial situation.
    Yeah, because Caitlin and Josh are taking away precious endorsements and financial opportunities that might otherwise have gone to other pair skaters?

Pair skating in America being the lucrative business that it is now...

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Morgan Matthews wanted a release to skate for Azerbaijan and later to skate for Canada (IIRC) and USFS kept refusing her. She lawyered up but didn't manage to get the release ever IIRC.
    That may have been before the exception provision, where the ISU (Council) could force a release between 2-3 seasons. An inner USFS group decided to keep Matthews for a full four years, which was protested in a general meeting, but the protest got nowhere.

She was a Junior World Champion, however. Yankowskas never medalled at ISU Championships, did she?
    After that she medalled at 4C's in 2006, which was going to be the start timer the four seasons she'd be on hold. In typical hypocritical USFS fashion, USFS released the partner with whom she won JWC and the 4C's silver, and Zavozin was competing at Europeans a little less than two years after the break-up, not four seasons.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Morgan Matthews wanted a release to skate for Azerbaijan and later to skate for Canada (IIRC) and USFS kept refusing her. She lawyered up but didn't manage to get the release ever IIRC.

She was a Junior World Champion, however. Yankowskas never medalled at ISU Championships, did she?
    To Yankowska's credit her and John were only together for about 4 seasons and really didn't have a good season until 2010-11. 6th at Worlds, 4th at 4CC, 3rd and 4th on the Grand Prix and they won nationals. She's not yet 23 so there's no reason she can't hold out hope for another partner, she is a great skater. I hate to see skaters like her and Maria Mukhortova not be able to skate for lack of partners.

vCash
    IIRC Natalia Mishkutenok was bigger than Caitlyn (sp?)Yankowskas, yet she was a very successful pairs skater. Of course it helped that Artur Dmitriev was her partner. He could even lift a man- off ice! I don't think Yankowskas is too big for a pairs skater. She just needs the right partner but she may be running out of time at this point. It may really be time for her to consider partners outside of the USA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    He could even lift a man- off ice!
    I think most pairs men can do this. At least, based on the facebook pictures I see- it appears to be the thing to do when they drink...
    I don't think many of them can throw each other in triple twists though- that seems to be where size is the biggest issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    IIRC Natalia Mishkutenok was bigger than Caitlyn (sp?)Yankowskas, yet she was a very successful pairs skater. Of course it helped that Artur Dmitriev was her partner. He could even lift a man- off ice! I don't think Yankowskas is too big for a pairs skater.
    Of course she isn't. Volosozhar is 5'3". She just needs a solidly built 6 fter (preferably taller), and we all know how plentiful they are.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast