Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    Speroff is 5'10" and Caitlin is much taller than Gretchen. Not an ideal match size-wise, but a perfect match style-wise. She obviously knows the skating club of Boston pair skaters.
    Shen and Zhao were 5'3" and 5'9". Not comparing these two to S/Z, but just making note that not all successful pairs have to be gorilla and flea types. Caitlin is 5'3", however she has a very slight build.

Good luck to Caitlin...it would be a shame for a talent like her not not find the right partner

vCash
    Now she can't catch a break! It's too bad. There is no female pair skater more talented now In any way that can possibly be bought of.

vCash
    Who's available? Mark Ladwig is the only one if she thinks short-term for Sochi.
    She hasn't skated internationally in a while, so a foreign partnership would be a lil bit more realistic now. I doubt the US releases her though.
    How about Colin Grafton?

vCash
    Dang! I was hoping this rumor was false but I guess Joshua was not The One. Stay strong, Caitlin!

vCash
    From what I hear, Josh has been skating with Andrea Poapst

vCash
    Who's available? Mark Ladwig is the only one if she thinks short-term for Sochi.
    She hasn't skated internationally in a while, so a foreign partnership would be a lil bit more realistic now. I doubt the US releases her though.
    Isn't Ladwig already skating with someone?

Caitlyn is the most talented pairs skater in the USA. It's a shame that she cannot find a partner. May be she should try another country. That kind of talent should not be wasted.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Ladwig was skating with Lindsey Davis, but they split, and she's paired with Rockne Brubaker.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Don't date your pair partner! Almost never can your partnership survive your breakup!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Don't date your pair partner! Almost never can your partnership survive your breakup!
    I actually did some research on this.... partnerships don't survive very long in the US period even if the partners aren't dating for all we know it stayed together longer because they were dating. I can think of Olympians that have done pairs/dance even gotten married and then divorced but remained skating partners because they were successful so that is really the key. Are you successful? are you making money together professionally? or not? determines the life of a team. Not whether or not you are dating?

Once US teams learn that to achieve that success it takes at least 3-4 years then maybe we will get somewhere?

This skating partnership never got off the ground it was bound to happen and maybe remained a professional partnership longer because they were dating...who knows?

Anyway it is sad. Best to her and him. If he is trying out with Popst best wishes to him and her as well. I heard on other forums Popst tried out with Tran and instead of the tryout being a week it lasted a day and she was sent home. Not sure if that is true but maybe things happen for a reason.
    Lets hope Caitlin's true prince happens for her soon too.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    How very sad Tran is too short. Sigh. What a beautiful team that would make. Sigh.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Any ideas WHY this didn't work out?

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I wish we'd at least have gotten to see them compete once.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    From what I hear, Josh has been skating with Andrea Poapst
    So glad to here This. Andrea and Joshua would make a great pairing. She is a beautifull skater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
    So glad to here This. Andrea and Joshua would make a great pairing. She is a beautifull skater.
    Only problem is she is Canadian and he is American so high level Oly competing is a problem right? Unless he is going to try to gain dual citizenship or maybe he has that already does anyone know?

They would be beautiful together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madm View Post
    How about Colin Grafton?
    Colin may be tall enough, but I don't think he looks like he would be strong enough.

I think Speroff would be strong and tall enough, his last partner Brittany Chase was at least 5'3. I also think he would be pushed more to get his jumps consistent but I don't think he would ever leave Donlan. I remember reading an article prior to Nationals where he was quoted as saying that Donlan would be his last partner. Since I love D/S I am happy that he doesn't seem inclined to change partners and will work through their issues, although I think he and Yankowskas would look fabulous together.
    Last edited by hippychick; 03-20-2013 at 12:16 AM.

vCash
    So, what about Mark Ladwig, as mentioned previously? He is older, but this might be for only this one year for a wild shot at the Os, and they seem like a good physical match...

vCash
    I am so bummed about this!
    Hey, is Themi Leftheris available/eligible??
    Can't think of anyone else (save Mark Ladwig) off the top of my head.
    Sure hope we see Caitlyn skate again. Loved her posture and extension!

vCash

vCash
    Get her a Russian skater ASAP!!!!

Obviously her goal should now be 2018 instead of Sochi. I'm sure we can get her some lonely starving-for-a-partner foreign skater.

I'm actually serious*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post
    Get her a Russian skater ASAP!!!!

Obviously her goal should now be 2018 instead of Sochi. I'm sure we can get her some lonely starving-for-a-partner foreign skater.

I'm actually serious*
    Didn't Brian Joubert say he wanted to try pairs after 2014?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast