Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Jump View Post
    I think the last skate America was in Detroit was 1997 and it was at Cobo. Everyone give Detroit a chance. The hotels close by are great and there are many great restaurants. The JLA is older but serviceable. Detroit/Windsor area is a great place to have Skate America.
    My memory is I didn't have a problem with the arena itself, rather with the maintenance. I remember marginal rest rooms and trash that never seemed to be removed or cleaned.

On the other hand, I met some wonderful people in downtown Detroit, enjoyed riding the public transit, and had a very good hotel. I remember it was very near New Year's and the new Mayor was being sworn in. My hotel played host to one of the glitzy parties. Everyone was dripping jewels and dressed to the nines. I remember schlepping through the lobby in our parkas and skating stuff, feeling very under-dressed.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I would love it if SA would just cater to my every needs. Then it could stop all this nonsense, as the only person it would have to please would be me. Hear that IJS--start kowtowing to me or I will type very angrily in your general direction and cast aspersions on your intelligence and sexual proclivities of your ancestors.
    Yes, I have no need for it to be near an airport. I want it within driving distance from my house. 4 hours or less preferably.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Jump View Post
    I think the last skate America was in Detroit was 1997 and it was at Cobo. Everyone give Detroit a chance. The hotels close by are great and there are many great restaurants. The JLA is older but serviceable. Detroit/Windsor area is a great place to have Skate America.
    95 was at Cobo. 97 and 98 were at the Joe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123