• Belgium- Kaat Van Daele

11 11.46%
  • Switzerland- Tina Stuerzinger

9 9.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Ladies 6 final spots for Olympics Poll

Which countries will get the last 6 spots at the Olympic qualifying event? Multiple choice allowed...

vCash
    I'd be very if Brooklee doesn't make it to the Olympics. I think Kiira has a guaranteed spot as long as she shows up with fine condition. PLEASE NO MORE INJURIES As for Elene G, is it her mental thing or did she lose too much weight to really power through her skates? I really hope she becomes stronger and gets to compete at the Olympics.

vCash
    Melissa Bulanhagui is a very strong skater.. I wouldn't count her out!

vCash
    I hope that Mexican Reyna gets to go. Her name means Queen, and she is quite a regal presence on the ice. Can she improve enough to be eligible?

vCash
    Do Brooklee, Isadora, and Melissa have citizenship in the countries they are representing?

vCash
    Yes, I'm pretty sure all 3 do.

ETA these 2 interviews that were posted elsewhere:
    Quote Originally Posted by gingercat View Post
    Interview with Brooklee Han from last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CsHNOcm7O8
    News story on Isadora Williams that aired on Brazilian TV before Worlds: http://globoesporte.globo.com/esport...-gelo/2451275/
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-19-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Georgia - Nikol Gosviyani can compete ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Georgia - Nikol Gosviyani can compete ?
    What's this nonsense about?

vCash
    The safest bets are Korpi and Gedevanishvili, but after that, I think it's quite the toss up for the other 4 spots between most of the skaters mentioned above (Williams and Lafuente have the most technical content)... further down the list there are skaters like Lejeanne Marais, Fleur Maxwell and Silya Saygi who will probably be at Nebelhorn to qualify (don't think any of them are realistically in the running).

vCash
    Kiira is a lock if she shows up. Elene, Sonia and Kerstin have what it takes but they need to deliver. After them is a "whos the best on that nigh" scenario.

vCash
    LOVE Brooklee Han. She gets better with each competition.

vCash
    Finland, Georgia, Spain, Australia will get spots. And I think the last 2 could be Brazil and Austria.

If Ira Vannut comes back, I think she could get a spot for Belgium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne View Post
    If Ira Vannut comes back, I think she could get a spot for Belgium.
    She's on the entry list to compete at Triglav Trophy in Slovenia March 27-31.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    What about Simancikova for Slovakia?! She was really great at Worlds! At least I thought so, her FS in particular was impressive with those 6 big triple jumps, could have easily been marked higher and if she continues to skate like that I'm sure her marks will go up. Apart from Korpi, she's arguably the strongest skater among the bunch listed even though she wasn't listed herself

vCash
    I hope Madsen continues to be consistent and gets an Olympic spot. She's awesome.

vCash
    I don't know what I enjoy more - Madsen's skating or the two coaches screaming and jumping up and down by the boards. It's a real shame that she didn't quite make it to the free However, I also enjoyed the German girl, Nathalie Weinzierl, who took up the last spot in the free then moved up enough to gain an Olympic spot. Please, German Federation, don't set ridiculous criteria next season (like they did to Annett Dytrt) and take away the athletes' dreams...

Will surely root for Madsen at Nelbelhorn, alongside Korpi, Maxwell (her skating is just so beautiful), Kerstin Frank (big powerful jumps!), then maybe Elene (she's too good) and .... er .... I don't know ... the Latvian skater who skates so heavily .... and of course Clara Peters (amazing spirit!), and Lejeanne Marais ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    What about Simancikova for Slovakia?! She was really great at Worlds! At least I thought so, her FS in particular was impressive with those 6 big triple jumps, could have easily been marked higher and if she continues to skate like that I'm sure her marks will go up. Apart from Korpi, she's arguably the strongest skater among the bunch listed even though she wasn't listed herself
    Monika's already qualified for Olympics (17th at Worlds). And yes, both her and Brooklee Han should have had even higher FS scores - too bad they skated 1st and 2nd...

I don't know what I enjoy more - Madsen's skating or the two coaches screaming and jumping up and down by the boards.
    Will be quite the accomplishment if both Anita and Justus Strid (whose brother is one of those jumping/screaming coaches) can both qualify for Olympics.

vCash
    kiira korpi is a sure win for nebelhorn. gedevanishvilli surely wont be as bad as she was at worlds and will get 2nd. Other spots should be brooklee, sonia, and kerstin. The last one could go to anyone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    She's on the entry list to compete at Triglav Trophy in Slovenia March 27-31.
    Ira Vannut is frequently on entry lists, but somehow she never actually does compete. Her last competition was 2011 Worlds, where she finished 19th. She hasn't competed anywhere since then, including Nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    Ira Vannut is frequently on entry lists, but somehow she never actually does compete. Her last competition was 2011 Worlds, where she finished 19th. She hasn't competed anywhere since then, including Nationals.
    Sadly she has become a ghost entry. Like those Montenegro skaters that kept appearing at championships entries and never showed up a few years ago.
    Last edited by SamuraiK; 03-20-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast