View Poll Results: Best and worst career out of Chan, Lambiel, Joubert, Lysacek, Tak

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chan best career, Lysacek worst

29 14.01%
  • Chan best career, Joubert worst

32 15.46%
  • Chan best career, Takahashi worst

7 3.38%
  • Lambiel best career, Lysacek worst

31 14.98%
  • Lambiel best career, Joubert worst

12 5.80%
  • Lambiel best career, Takahashi worst

4 1.93%
  • Takahashi best career, Lysacek worst

32 15.46%
  • Takahashi best career, Joubert worst

5 2.42%
  • Lysacek best career, Takahashi or Lambiel worst

8 3.86%
  • Lysacek best career, Joubert worst

31 14.98%
  • Joubert best career, Takahashi or Lambiel worst

2 0.97%
  • Joubert best career, Lysacek worst

14 6.76%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KimGOAT View Post
    Please, the only 4CC competition Evan succeeded in vs any competition was 2007 when he beat Buttle. 2005 it was a scab field, and 2008 he came 3rd behind Takahashi and Buttle. Even in 2008 the Europeans had Verner, Lambiel, and Joubert. Anyway I compare Nationals since Evan didnt even skate at 4CCs annually, as didnt anyone else, so Nationals is a fairer competition and Europeans over the years had far tougher competition than U.S Nationals.

Come to think of it Takahashi doesnt have anything over Joubert outside the Olympic bronze either, and that is less valuable than the Olympic Gold Evan has so is an even weaker case for him to be ahead based only upon. While Tak's Worlds and Grand Prix final, and grand prix record are all better than Evan's, they are all inferior to Joubert's. So I would probably rank Joubert 3rd, Takahsahi 4th, and Lysacek 5th come to think of it.
    Actually, Lysacek competed at 4CC regularly from 2004-09. (Like other members of the US Olympic team, he did not compete in 2006 & 2010) Lysacek's record at 4CC was 2004 (3rd), 2005 (1st), 2007 (1st), 2008 (3rd), and 2009 (2nd). Lysacek also won the men's event at the 2009 World Team Trophy( one month after his win at the WC)

Lysacek's Grand Prix final record & World's record may have been better if he was not forced to WD from two GP Finals and the 2008 WC because of injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    Actually, Lysacek competed at 4CC regularly from 2004-09. (Like other members of the US Olympic team, he did not compete in 2006 & 2010) Lysacek's record at 4CC was 2004 (3rd), 2005 (1st), 2007 (1st), 2008 (3rd), and 2009 (2nd). Lysacek also won the men's event at the 2009 World Team Trophy( one month after his win at the WC)
    So basically he did skate 4CC his whole career and still achieved an inferior record to Joubert in a far superior field at Europeans (this would have been true even if it was a fully attended event, but as it wasnt and he was the only one who went regularly, this is true by a landslide). Thanks for the correction, but that only makes Joubert look even better in the comparision.

What is Takahashi's 4CC's record. I suspect whatever it is, that too will only make Joubert's case vs him stronger as well.

I stand by what I said earlier, Joubert's record in all competitions outside Olympics trumps Evan's and Takahash's, and Takahashi only has a mere Olympic bronze to go up against that too, not even a gold like Evan has, so his case to be over Brian is probably even worse (despite that I rank Takahashi over Evan). I also like Takahashi's skating a million times more than Joubert's, and even prefer Evan's to Joubert's, but this is about careers, and not just Olympic careers.

vCash
    After Sochi I would say:

1. Lambiel- 2 uncontroversial World titles, Olympic silver, 2 uncontroversial grand prix final titles
    2. Chan- 3 World titles but 2 of them huge controversies so diminished in value, 1 Olympic silver
    It's nice to diminish value of a World title. But IMO, the comparison is not fair. 2005 Worlds was really a bad skate for Lambiel, even if he won fairly this one...it was far from being a good performance. So, don't you have to diminish that kind of skates too ?

vCash

So basically he did skate 4CC his whole career and still achieved an inferior record to Joubert in a far superior field at Europeans (this would have been true even if it was a fully attended event, but as it wasnt and he was the only one who went regularly, this is true by a landslide). Thanks for the correction, but that only makes Joubert look even better in the comparision.

What is Takahashi's 4CC's record. I suspect whatever it is, that too will only make Joubert's case vs him stronger as well.

I stand by what I said earlier, Joubert's record in all competitions outside Olympics trumps Evan's and Takahash's, and Takahashi only has a mere Olympic bronze to go up against that too, not even a gold like Evan has, so his case to be over Brian is probably even worse (despite that I rank Takahashi over Evan).
    While you take the time, and delight, in trying to discredit Lysacek's accomplishments during his skating career, he is taking his Olympic gold medal & world championship gold medal and laughing all the way to the bank. ;-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    It's nice to diminish value of a World title. But IMO, the comparison is not fair. 2005 Worlds was really a bad skate for Lambiel, even if he won fairly this one...it was far from being a good performance. So, don't you have to diminish that kind of skates too ?
    There's a big difference between winning deservedly with a mediocre performance at a total splat fest and winning over better performances though. Like I doubt you'll hear too much about Hanyu's OGM cause while it wasn't good, everyone else was so horrible.

Like Yagudin also won 2 world titles with pretty bad performances but he still won without question cause they were just bad events.

vCash
    While you take the time, and delight, in trying to discredit Lysacek's accomplishments during his skating career, he is taking his Olympic gold medal & world championship gold medal and laughing all the way to the bank. ;-)
    You mean laughing all the way to Vera's bank.

vCash
    I didnt see anything in KimGOAT's posts that was diminishing Lysacek. Just trying to compare Joubert's career fairly (and all he/she said frankly made sense) to not only Lysacek, but Takahashi and Lambiel as well. As for your taunt, every guy on this poll is extremely rich so you dont really have a point. Lambiel and Takahashi are much wealthier and more famous in their parts of the world than Evan is in America if you want to go there. All of them most of all care about their legacies and careers first and foremost, which is why Chan was devastated after losing the OGM, and Lambiel and Lysacek both tried ill advised and foolish comebacks far past their primes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moviechicko_o View Post

You mean laughing all the way to Vera's bank.
    No, Evan is doing just fine on his own. (Despite the injuries that kept him from competing, he did quite well in the Olympic sponsorship game. Apparently, advertisers with $$ have a more positive view of Lysacek's career and OGM than arm chair skaters on Internet message boards) ;-) I really doubt that Evan takes much time off from driving his new Porsche, decorating his new Chicago home, or enjoying his life, to read people's opinions on skating message boards.

vCash
    Lambiel's 2 World titles were not controversial in anyway. Chan's obviously were, apart from 2011, and not just a small controversy which there are many of in skating, but in a monstrous way at the level which there are many fewer of. The kind that wont be forgotten even many years from now (and by the time they are forgotten it will be when all these guys likely are). As for the quality of skating at the 2005 Worlds, Lambiel's qualifying round skate and short program alone were worth a World title.

vCash
    No, Evan is doing just fine on his own. (Despite the injuries that kept him from competing, he did quite well in the Olympic sponsorship game. Apparently, advertisers with $$ have a more positive view of Lysacek's career and OGM than arm chair skaters on Internet message boards) ;-) I really doubt that Evan takes much time off from driving his new Porsche, decorating his new Chicago home, or enjoying his life, to read people's opinions on skating message boards.
    Dude, chill. It's a joke. I'm sure his tanning budget is secure for life.

vCash
    Lol, and do we really think Lysacek is the type of person to not care what people think of him? He probably googles himself daily. His weird twitter meltdown is enough proof lol.

vCash
    Lol, and do we really think Lysacek is the type of person to not care what people think of him? He probably googles himself daily. His weird twitter meltdown is enough proof lol.
    When was that and what exactly happened. I had never heard of that until now.

Apparently SkateFan66 is convinced Lambiel who is a multi millioniare and is running his own skating tours and shows in Europe which all the best attend; Takahashi who is a multi millioniare, celebrity, and rock star for life in Japan (as opposed to Evan who if you asked on the street in America 99% would say "whos that"); Chan who has just spent the last 4 years winning everything and establishing himself one of the most dominant skaters ever; all lead unfulfilling lives that would be envious of Evan who has wasted 30 months running around attempting his "comeback".

vCash
    Said something kinda homophobic and then claimed he was hacked (posted some really incoherent stuff before deleting everything) instead of just you know, owning up and apologizing.

Being a male figure skater in the US really doesn't compare to the ladies or men in other countries where it's not looked down on by the pop culture though.

vCash
    Said something kinda homophobic and then claimed he was hacked (posted some really incoherent stuff before deleting everything) instead of just you know, owning up and apologizing.
    Wow thanks. For some reason, despite his very macho image pushing, I didnt ever think he was homophobic. I wonder if that was part of the extra tension between him and Weir over the years (lets face it everyone always knew Weir was gay). I would hope not, but hearing that it makes me wonder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Wow thanks. For some reason, despite his very macho image pushing, I didnt ever think he was homophobic. I wonder if that was part of the extra tension between him and Weir over the years (lets face it everyone always knew Weir was gay). I would hope not, but hearing that it makes me wonder.
    It kind blew up on ontd at the time but you can see the whole saga play out here: http://gendertestthis.wordpress.com/...s-true-colors/

Honestly, it was more sad/pathetic/hilarious than offensive really. I think US male skaters are under a lot of pressure to act macho and homophobic even just cause it's not seen as a legit sport and the guys act defensive. Although really, no one ever bought Evan's macho act anyway so he should've just dropped it and not made himself look ridiculous.

vCash
    It kind blew up on ontd at the time but you can see the whole saga play out here: http://gendertestthis.wordpress.com/...s-true-colors/

Honestly, it was more sad/pathetic/hilarious than offensive really. I think US male skaters are under a lot of pressure to act macho and homophobic even just cause it's not seen as a legit sport and the guys act defensive. Although really, no one ever bought Evan's macho act anyway so he should've just dropped it and not made himself look ridiculous.
    Oh wow, I have no words. He should have atleast started with the made up hacking story. Claiming it was posted on a fake account, while posting that on the exact same account as the statement he claims as being from the so called fake account, yet is just 5 lines down, just WOW!

vCash
    Evan should just be his spray tan loving, fashionista self instead trying to fool the world into thinking he's some NFL player.

vCash

Apparently SkateFan66 is convinced Lambiel who is a multi millioniare and is running his own skating tours and shows in Europe which all the best attend; Takahashi who is a multi millioniare, celebrity, and rock star for life in Japan (as opposed to Evan who if you asked on the street in America 99% would say "whos that"); Chan who has just spent the last 4 years winning everything and establishing himself one of the most dominant skaters ever; all lead unfulfilling lives that would be envious of Evan who has wasted 30 months running around attempting his "comeback".
    Is there an accurate net worth record for skaters outside the US? I think I've only seen Yuna on those lists cause she is so high profile wealthy but I can't remember seeing any other foreign skaters with a net worth on English publications.

vCash

No, not hardly. I don't believe that any of these skaters lead unfulfilling lives. They all have very accomplished careers & have done well financially. However, I bet that all of these skaters lives are more fulfilling than some anonymous posters that get their only jollies by posting snark on internet message boards and social media sites. ;-)

vCash
    But he had an amazing qualifying and electrifying SP. Yes, that was during the days when skaters still to skate 2 LPs in a championship, which makes the competition even tougher IMO.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast