View Poll Results: Best and worst career out of Chan, Lambiel, Joubert, Lysacek, Tak

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chan best career, Lysacek worst

29 14.01%
  • Chan best career, Joubert worst

32 15.46%
  • Chan best career, Takahashi worst

7 3.38%
  • Lambiel best career, Lysacek worst

31 14.98%
  • Lambiel best career, Joubert worst

12 5.80%
  • Lambiel best career, Takahashi worst

4 1.93%
  • Takahashi best career, Lysacek worst

32 15.46%
  • Takahashi best career, Joubert worst

5 2.42%
  • Lysacek best career, Takahashi or Lambiel worst

8 3.86%
  • Lysacek best career, Joubert worst

31 14.98%
  • Joubert best career, Takahashi or Lambiel worst

2 0.97%
  • Joubert best career, Lysacek worst

14 6.76%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I wouldnt call training hard to make comebacks and continually being injured or running into odds with the USFSA (early 2012), and esssentialy being stuck in limbo no man land between amateur skating and your formerly new life of pro skating and Stars on Ice, is living the celebrity life or dream life.
    Well, living with a rich old lady in a mansion, driving porsche, wearing rolex and designer clothes, even having helicopter to take him to the rink... He is much better off than most skaters when they are done competitive skating career. He's not necessarily interviewed or appeared often. It's still a celebrity level life.

vCash
    I need more choices! I don't like the pairings!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    How can you even have this poll when not everyone is retired?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    How can you even have this poll when not everyone is retired?
    The only one with a chance to add anything significant to his current career is Chan, and Chan is already clearly first as it is (except for the delusional individuals).

vCash
    We need a poll here for which the most pointless poll is here in the Trash Can as well as which poster gets the most worked up for the most pointless poll. There sure are a lot of candidates around these days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I need more choices! I don't like the pairings!
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    We need a poll here for which the most pointless poll is here in the Trash Can as well as which poster gets the most worked up for the most pointless poll. There sure are a lot of candidates around these days.
    I cannot stop laughing! Too funny

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    The only one with a chance to add anything significant to his current career is Chan, and Chan is already clearly first as it is (except for the delusional individuals).
    How in the world is Chan without any Olympic medal "already clearly first as it is" and how is anyone who disagrees with your assessment coined as "delusional individuals?" Hmmmmm................ JMO, but Lambiel's Olympic silver, 2 unquestionable World titles, and 2 GPF titles trumps Chan sans Olympic medal, 3 World titles, 2 won controversially, and 2 GPF titles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    How in the world is Chan without any Olympic medal "already clearly first as it is" and how is anyone who disagrees with your assessment coined as "delusional individuals?" Hmmmmm................ JMO, but Lambiel's Olympic silver, 2 unquestionable World titles, and 2 GPF titles trumps Chan sans Olympic medal, 3 World titles, 2 won controversially, and 2 GPF titles.
    this is what i thought

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    First off I like Lambiel`s skating many more times than Chan, and if Lambiel were a Canadian under the current CSA he probably would have won the 2004 Worlds, 2005 Worlds, 2006 Olympics, 2006 Worlds, 2007 Worlds, even ridiculously 2008 Worlds, and the 2010 Olympics (not saying he should have won all those of course, but would have if was scored and had the same politics behind him Chan currently has). However unless I am misreading the poll was asking about better careers, not better or more worthy skaters.

Lets be generous and say Lambiel`s Olympic silver is equal to a World title. That would give Chan and Lambiel both 3 World title equivalents, so thus far they are tied. Beyond that Chan has 2 World silvers vs Lambiel 1 World bronze, both have 2 Grand Prix final titles, and the rest of Lambiel`s record- only 2 grand prix event wins and no European titles leaves him way behind Chan. Yes Chan has a boatload of questionable wins and medals, but that does that really mean anything when the topic is who has had the best career. I could see them counting against him if the topic was who is the greatest or best skater, or who will be remembered the most positively or respected. The medals and titles are still officially his though.

vCash
    Lysacek best, Joubert worst.

Reasons:

Lysacek has Olympic Gold and won Worlds, no one else on the list did that so he's first.

Lambiel is 2nd since he won Worlds twice and has Olympic Silver. Takahashi has Olympic Bronze and won Worlds once so he is 3rd behind Lambiel.

Chan won Worlds more often than Joubert so he is ahead even though both skaters won no Olympic Medal. Joubert's multiple Euro Medals are irrelevant since Chan isn't European so he can't be compared (and I like Joubert much more than Chan).

That makes it:

1. Lysacek
    2. Lambiel
    3. Takahashi
    4. Chan
    5. Joubert

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    What a ridiculous poll.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    What a ridiculous poll.
    :shelves my "K. Chen, Sotskova, Sakhanovich, who had best and poorest career" poll in embarrassed disgust:

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash

Sotskova, K.Chen.......

I do believe Ms falling_dance is not being quite truthful.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash

Sotskova, K.Chen.......

I do believe Ms falling_dance is not being quite truthful.
    Sotskova, K. Chen

Anyway, the correct answer is too obvious for me to bother polling the Trash Can dwellers.

vCash
    I voted -Lysacek best career, Joubert worst

vCash
    I voted like lala looking at it as best career, not who is necessarily the best skater. And sorry, but Chan's record, especially with the controversy over this year's World gold, just doesn't hold up as well as Lysacek's (or Lambiel's for that matter).
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    I voted like lala looking at it as best career, not who is necessarily the best skater. And sorry, but Chan's record, especially with the controversy over this year's World gold, just doesn't hold up as well as Lysacek's (or Lambiel's for that matter).
    I am the furthest thing from a Chan fan, and I even adore Evan Lysacek compared to Chan, LOL! However all the controversy does not take away medals, they will still forever be recorded in history, they will never be taken away (barring something out of the blue like a doping scandal) and Chan has the most medals, gold medals, and impressive collection of medals of this list by a long ways. I fail to see how controversy has any impact on your "record", maybe your reputation which would come into play how great a skater or champion you are, but not your record. To think Lysacek's Olympic Gold or Lambiel's Olympic silver elevate their careers above Chan or make up for their other massive deficits by comparision, is to exagerrated the value of Olympic medals to a height they dont deserve (eg- Olympic Gold would have to be worth atleast 3 World titles to elevate Evan's career above Chan's, and an Olympic silver worth atleast 2 World titles to elevate Lambiel's career above Chan's). Given that you also seem to think Kim with 2 Olympic Golds would still have a lesser career to Kwan and even Vinson Owen it seems you have flucuating standards on the value of those Olympic medals depending on the skater as well.
    Last edited by judgejudy27; 03-23-2013 at 10:34 PM.

vCash
    What a ridiculous poll.
    I second this. It's ridiculous to refer to any of these as having the "poorest" career when they all are so accomplished (and some are still competing!!).
    Besides, as usual it will just devolve into "who I like best" poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    :shelves my "K. Chen, Sotskova, Sakhanovich, who had best and poorest career" poll in embarrassed disgust:
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by David21 View Post
    Lysacek best, Joubert worst.

Reasons:

Lysacek has Olympic Gold and won Worlds, no one else on the list did that so he's first.

Lambiel is 2nd since he won Worlds twice and has Olympic Silver. Takahashi has Olympic Bronze and won Worlds once so he is 3rd behind Lambiel.

Chan won Worlds more often than Joubert so he is ahead even though both skaters won no Olympic Medal. Joubert's multiple Euro Medals are irrelevant since Chan isn't European so he can't be compared (and I like Joubert much more than Chan).

That makes it:

1. Lysacek
    2. Lambiel
    3. Takahashi
    4. Chan
    5. Joubert
    I think David is the most logical. LOL. This poll has made me weary of high minded proclamations. I am happy for a dose of unbiased analysis. LOL. It is true that Chan had a chance for an Olympic medal on home territory, and he did not make it happen. Perhaps, though, he will follow in Evan's pattern and do better at his second Olympics. Any medal in Sochi could elevate his career above the lot.

vCash
    1. Chan- 3 World titles above all others.
    2. Lambiel- 2 World titles + Olympic silver above all remaining others
    3. Takahashi- I was going to say Lysacek 3rd since Olympic Gold + World Gold > 1 World gold + Olympic bronze, but Takahashi has so many other great results while Lysacek is kind of empty outside his top couple results so I say Takahashi.
    4. Lysacek- Olympic Gold + World gold atleast has to put him over Joubert.
    5. Joubert- longevity, smongevity, the big wins just arent there. Same with Takahashi, but atleast he has an Olympic medal of some color to go with his World title.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast