View Poll Results: Best and worst career out of Chan, Lambiel, Joubert, Lysacek, Tak

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chan best career, Lysacek worst

29 14.01%
  • Chan best career, Joubert worst

32 15.46%
  • Chan best career, Takahashi worst

7 3.38%
  • Lambiel best career, Lysacek worst

31 14.98%
  • Lambiel best career, Joubert worst

12 5.80%
  • Lambiel best career, Takahashi worst

4 1.93%
  • Takahashi best career, Lysacek worst

32 15.46%
  • Takahashi best career, Joubert worst

5 2.42%
  • Lysacek best career, Takahashi or Lambiel worst

8 3.86%
  • Lysacek best career, Joubert worst

31 14.98%
  • Joubert best career, Takahashi or Lambiel worst

2 0.97%
  • Joubert best career, Lysacek worst

14 6.76%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Chan, Lambiel, Lysacek, Joubert, Tak, who had best and poorest career

Between Lambiel, Joubert, Takahashi, Lysacek, and Chan who would you say had the best and poorest careers at this point. I mean purely by achievements, not subjective views on who is the better skater.

I would say the best is Chan. 3 Worlds titles and all his other international views more than overcomes Evans 1 Olympics and 1 Worlds and few international wins of smaller nature, Lambiel 2 Worlds titles and 1 Olympic silver and also few other international wins, and the bevy of medals but only 1 World or Olympic title for Joubert tand Takahashi.

2nd best I guess I would give to Lambiel. 2 World titles plus Olympic silver is worth as much or more to 1 World title and 1 Olympic Gold, and he has 2 Grand Prix finals to 1 for Evan. Both have limited international wins and other medals compared to even Joubert and Takahashi.

I would give 3rd to Takahashi. Only 1 World title and only Olympic bronze, but so many top 2 medals at Worlds, grand prix wins, and other success that overcome the only edge Evan has over him, Olympic Gold vs Olympic bronze.

4th would be Evan.

Joubert is last.

vCash
    2 of Chan's 3 World titles were so historically disputed one could even consider him as having only 1 of those 2 and 2 World titles but even with that I would say his career edges Lysacek and Lambiel as his other acheivements outside World and Olympics so far outshine theirs. Takahashi I would probably say has the 2nd best career due to all his World and Grand Prix final silvers along with the 1 gold of each. Anyway Takahashi and Ten might as well be considered as having an honorary gold medal from 2012 and 2013, as most people will remember them as the real winners of those events, similar to Sandra Klopfer as the real winner of the 53 Worlds instead of Jacqueline DuBief. Joubert I would pick 3rd, maybe even 2nd over Takahashi. All his European titles and medals have to count for alot, especialy compared to Lambiel's abysmal European record, and while Evan didnt get to compete at Europeans he couldnt even do better at Four Continents or U.S Nationals vs much poorer fields than what Brian did at Europeans. Lambiel probably edging Evan by a bit so Evan the poorest career of the bunch despite his World and Olympic Gold.

vCash
    I can't vote for Chan worst Very objective

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    I can't vote for Chan worst Very objective
    Agreed. Pretty much makes it a pointless poll. I dont think he had the worst career but there still should be an option for those who want to vote that.

vCash
    In addition to winning an Olympic Gold Medal and Word Championship, Lysacek won the Grand Prix Final, 4CC championship (2 times), 2 National titles, and 2 world bronze medals. Not too shabby.

vCash
    This is actually an inetersting poll considering Chan does not have an Olympic medal YET.

I'd still put him in 1st, though, for his 3 consequtive World titles. And well, call me crazy, but I would put Joubert right up there in 2nd. I just cannot have the other guys' single Olympic medals overcome Joubert's 10-year-long consistency in winning European medals. And he started winning them in the good old times of Yags, Plush and other European stars, so one definitely cannot say they're not worth that much. Also when you count the World medals, Joubert's got the most. All the other guys but Chan only have three. Chan has five.

So yeah, Chan 1st, Joubert 2nd. Then probably Lysacek for the OGM, then Lambiel and Takahashi.

It's actually sad, come to think of it, that out of all those great skaters only Brian will end his career without an Olympic medal. Talk about doomed competitions. He was right there among the favourites in 2006 and had he been clean he could've easily had a battle for medals in 2010 as well.

vCash
    I really don't think an Olympic medal is that important in defining somebody's career. It's just one competition. Yes, Lysacek won it once and he has a one World medal, but that is not much compared to for example Joubert who has several World and European medals. To medal many years in a row is much more harder than success in one competition.

Besides, your poll is biased because there is no voting option for Chan worst.

vCash
    What is the point of this post??
    Joubert has the most world medals and longest career, but had the most epic meltdown in Olympics.
    Evan won everything there is to win in figure skating.
    Lambiel had two world titles and OSM, but he was as erratic as Takahashi, with better spins.
    Taka has one WGM and two silver and OBM. He is like different version of Lambiel with medicore spins, but great 3A...
    Chan has yet to win OM... and won 3 worlds (at least on paper), and he is skating better and better and keep breaking records LOL

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    I think Chan has the best technical skills and had the best performances of those in the poll.

I think Evan has the best list of accomplishments.

vCash
    Joubert has had a good career. Nobody else has had his longevity. The voters who put him worst apparently did not consider his long string of top 6 and medal finishes at Euros and Worlds over 11 years.

vCash
    I have to put Joubert into the worst career place because even though he's been on the top for over a decade, most of his competition results were unsatisfactory to himself and his fans. Just like Kevin van der Perren, keeps going like energizer but can't often reach the end of the tunnel.
    Last edited by Eyre; 03-19-2013 at 03:52 PM.

vCash
    In all seriousness, while I am no Chan fan, anyone who is voting for someone other than Chan as the best career is smoking some serious weed. 3 World titles > or atleast = 1 World title + 1 Olympics or 2 Worlds titles + Olympic silver. So even what Lyscek and Lambiel "won" in World and Olympics is not worth more than Chan, and then when you add Chan's 2 other World silvers he is already clearly ahead of both in World and Olympic achievements. Then when you look at the remainder of their careers, he really blows both out of the water, Lambiel and Lysacek won a combined mere 5 regular grand prixs between them, LOL! Lambiel couldnt even win Europeans once, and Lysacek won U.S Nationals only twice only having to face Abbott and Weir. Joubert and Takahashi have more longevity and more complete medal records than Lambiel and Lysacek, but dont have the World or Olympic records to come anywhere near Chan. Chan has had the best career of all these guys by a HUGE HUGE margin, and I am the furthest thing from a Chan fan. The rest are all debateable and an interesting topic.

The only way I could see it justified one not voting for him is you so heavily disagree with some of his wins and results that some are choosing to disregard or devalue some of them. Maybe that is what some of those who voted for anyone else did. Otherwise there is simply no case for anyone else.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Gosh, Judgejudy27, you talk as if Chan's best performances are behind him and he has nothing more to achieve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    Gosh, Judgejudy27, you talk as if Chan's best performances are behind him and he has nothing more to achieve.
    I didnt imply that anywhere in my statement (although I think that could easily be true, especialy as he is near retirement, but that is another topic). Just that his career as it is already is, is clearly the best on this list, nobody else comes close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I didnt imply that anywhere in my statement (although I think that could easily be true, especialy as he is near retirement, but that is another topic). Just that his career as it is already is, is clearly the best on this list, nobody else comes close.
    I'm glad. I hope he does not become one of those skaters that goes to a new coach, then all the good performances go as well.

vCash
    ALL of these men are great skaters that have had fantastic skating careers. I have enjoyed many memorable performances by all of these skaters. I feel no need to rank the skaters.

vCash
    Don't know why anyone choose Lysacek to have the worst career? He's the luckiest skater on the planet. He's gotten all he's ever wanted quickly enough. Grabbed them and wrapped them up and gone for good. Now he's enjoying the celebrity life.

vCash
    I wouldnt call training hard to make comebacks and continually being injured or running into odds with the USFSA (early 2012), and esssentialy being stuck in limbo no man land between amateur skating and your formerly new life of pro skating and Stars on Ice, is living the celebrity life or dream life. I imagine if anything it has been mostly frusteration between these 2 Olympics for him. Evan is also hardly a big celebrity even in the U.S. The few month blip of the Olympics followed by Dancing with the Stars is probably the last time most casual Americans can remember him. I wouldnt expect if you walked on a U.S street and asked 30 random people who Evan Lysacek was if more than 1 or 2 would have an inkling. Now if it were Michelle Kwan on the other hand....

Anyone who voted for him as the worst career probably consider the Olympics equal to a Worlds, which there are some that feel that way. If that were the case he would probably have the worst career overall. Even if one considers the Olympics only slightly worth more than a Worlds one could still feel that way depending how much one values Jouberts longevity and haul of European titles and World medals, and Takahashi's haul of silvers and grand prix wins. I do value the Olympics enough and find extreme longevity overrated, so that is why I voted Joubert as the worst.
    Last edited by judgejudy27; 03-19-2013 at 06:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Anyone who voted for [Lysacek] as the worst career probably consider the Olympics equal to a Worlds, which there are some that feel that way. If that were the case he would probably have the worst career overall. Even if one considers the Olympics only slightly worth more than a Worlds one could still feel that way depending how much one values Jouberts longevity and haul of European titles and World medals, and Takahashi's haul of silvers and grand prix wins. I do value the Olympics enough and find extreme longevity overrated, so that is why I voted Joubert as the worst.
    Based on the poll results, you actually voted Lysacek as the worst, not Joubert.

vCash
    Well that was a mistake then, I meant to vote Joubert as the worst, and my earlier post where I indicated my order I said I felt Joubert was the worst. Since I consider Lysacek 2nd worst though, no biggie. Either one could easily be considered the worst career (worst skater is Lysacek by a landslide, and worst impact on the sport with the most controversial wins is Chan, but those are both seperate topics). There are too many poll options by the OP anyway and it is confusing at times.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast