vCash

Question about my new BluRay player

Here is another question from the same technically challenged poster.

Around the time I bought my HDTV, I had bought a 3D BluRay player (Sony) and the installers had connected it (correctly, I assume).

There was no literature accompanying this beautiful piece of equipment. All I have is a remote, which does not help much. I am afraid of using it, thinking that I may damage it or worse, damage the HDTV.

Does anyone have this new model and knows how to use the BluRay player to watch movies? Is it as simple as simply inserting the dvd into it (using the shift button on the remote) and push 'play'?

I wish they would include the printed directions with electronic devices. My new laptop has the same issue. It came with zero instructions. However, I have paid for tech support from Best Buy for the lap top, and also bought a 'Windows 8 for dummies'. I am digressing here, but you get the picture.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    It's probably just a matter of inserting the disc and waiting for the menu to load, but it's hard to know without knowing your setup. Sometimes there are additional selections that need to be made with either the TV or the player re: input (i.e., letting your TV know that it should select input from the BluRay player rather than your cable tv input).

But you are absolutely not going to break anything just by inserting a disc and seeing what happens. Most of the time, that's all you'll have to do. If nothing happens right away, look for the "input" button on your TV remote. You might also have to select "input" on your BluRay, as most also allow for internet and other external inputs (tho the disc is probably set as the default input).

For more detailed instructions, try googling "brand and model + instructions" for your specific player. Many instruction manuals are available online, either from the manufacturer or from enthusiast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    It's probably just a matter of inserting the disc and waiting for the menu to load, but it's hard to know without knowing your setup. Sometimes there are additional selections that need to be made with either the TV or the player re: input (i.e., letting your TV know that it should select input from the BluRay player rather than your cable tv input).

But you are absolutely not going to break anything just by inserting a disc and seeing what happens. Most of the time, that's all you'll have to do. If nothing happens right away, look for the "input" button on your TV remote. You might also have to select "input" on your BluRay, as most also allow for internet and other external inputs (tho the disc is probably set as the default input).

For more detailed instructions, try googling "brand and model + instructions" for your specific player. Many instruction manuals are available online, either from the manufacturer or from enthusiast.
    Great advice. Thank you.