Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    poor Kevin Ware.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    I was watching Louisville game and saw Ware's injury. Just horrible. Wishing him a good recovery and pray he is resting well tonight.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    ((((Kevin Ware)))) That's a horrible injury.

vCash
    Poor Ware. That is the worst basketball injury I have ever seen. I wondered if there was any danger of him bleeding out with a break that bad and an open wound?? Also how much would adrenaline helped with the pain with a break that bad? I think Ware is one brave, young man.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    I was wondering that too . . .how did he not bleed out?
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    RE: Kevin Ware's injury -- I have never been so glad that I have a very small, very low resolution TV with not-great off-air reception. I couldn't really see anything, except that he was on the ground, but the reactions of his teammates, coach, and even the Duke contingent were bad enough. I just saw a report that he was up walking around on crutches today and I hope he makes a complete recovery and can play again.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Unless he had serious damage to a major artery, I guess it's not surprising that the blood loss was manageable even with a gruesome-looking injury - I mean, compound fractures aren't that much of a rarity, and I don't believe that's normally a risk. Also, Ware got immediate medical attention, and if the situation were critical I'm sure he'd have been taken to a hospital even faster.

I'm glad that it's not expected to be career-ending. When the names that come up in the context of a sports injury include Joe Theismann and Napoleon McCallum, you pretty much fear the worst.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Unless he had serious damage to a major artery, I guess it's not surprising that the blood loss was manageable even with a gruesome-looking injury
    There's also not a lot of blood flow in the lower leg. That's why fractures in that area take a (relatively) long time to heal. When I broke the tibia in my left leg a few years ago (closed fracture, no broken skin), I was told 12 weeks, with the potential to start weight-bearing at 6 weeks. For me, it was 9 weeks on crutches and full healing took quite a bit longer. But I also discovered during that time that I had a Vitamin D deficiency, which may have had something to do with it.

I couldn't skate for 6 months but it took longer than that to be able to do turns on my left foot. My doctor was cautious.

Wishing Kevin Ware a speedy and full recovery and hope he can get back on the court in time to play next season! And I hope he's got some strong pain meds for the trip to Atlanta with the team.

vCash
    nm

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    Watching an interview with Kevin Ware as he talks about what happened in the game where he broke his leg. He said it didn't really hurt cause he was in shock. He was remarkably composed, until the end of the interview when he teared up talking about his teammates. Good luck to him - I hope he recovers completely and hope he doesn't become one of those players whose career is filled with injury after injury. I'm sure you can find the interview on ESPN's website.
    Crows and Eville SQUIRRELS love peanuts!

vCash
    Our sport is not the only one with officiating problems.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Congrats to Louisville for winning the NCAA National title. What an awesome day for Rick Pitino! First the Naismith Basketball Hall of fame; later in the evening the National championship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Our sport is not the only one with officiating problems.
    Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    What an awesome day for Rick Pitino! First the Naismith Basketball Hall of fame; later in the evening the National championship.
    I will acknowledge Pitino to be a very good basketball coach, even if his off the court personal judgment/behavior has been rather suspect at times.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Congrats to Louisville for winning the NCAA National title. What an awesome day for Rick Pitino! First the Naismith Basketball Hall of fame; later in the evening the National championship.
    Thank you. And our women play in the Final tonight against UConn.

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    I will acknowledge Pitino to be a very good basketball coach, even if his off the court personal judgment/behavior has been rather suspect at times.
    I went to high school with that woman. She's a nutcase. Not defending Pitino's behavior, but I suspect she had this agenda all along. Rick honey, learn to say NO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    I went to high school with that woman.
    She's a nutcase. Not defending Pitino's behavior, but I suspect she had this agenda all along. Rick honey, learn to say NO.
    Nutcase or not, agenda or not, Rick knowing when to say "no" to some of his drinks that night probably would have increased the likelihood that he would have kept his pants zipped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    And our women play in the Final tonight against UCONN
    Final score = UCONN 93 v 60 Louisville....

NJL

Beach Bum
    vCash
    That was a romp.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    It was, wasn't it? Largest margin ever in a final, but it was UConn, a traditionally strong program.

But just making it to the final when they weren't expected to makes their fans very proud. There is a celebration tonight honoring both the men's and women's teams.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12