Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Great video. Fantastic that Daleman is working on triple axels! Go Gaby!

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Daleman skated very well at COS sectionals according to the protocol (I wasn't there)

http://www.skatecanada-centralontari...02014/swde.pdf

Per her twitter she's planning to skate at the Challenge in Regina. If I were in charge of Skate Canada I'd assign her to a senior B to get international experience with her senior programs.

“@gabby_daleman: Thank you @SkateCanadaCOS for everything this weekend. It was a great competition. Can't wait to represent team COS at challenge #teamCOS”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    Daleman skated very well at COS sectionals according to the protocol (I wasn't there)
    ...and you call yourself Canadian ladies uber...

vCash
    Rumours swirling around ABNWTNUN sectionals this past weekend is that Kaetlyn has withdrawn from Rostelecom and will compete at challenge....
    Last edited by Cant Skate; 11-11-2013 at 04:32 PM.

vCash
    My friends back in Ontario went and saw her skate and said she was amazing!!!! She had a huge opening 3Lz+3T but then doubled her the planned 3T after the 2A and double her flip, but other than that she was on fire. They said her spins were fast and centered and her choreography was amazing. They think she can give Osmond a real run for the title this year (they saw her short in Saint John).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8hrd View Post
    My friends back in Ontario went and saw her skate and said she was amazing!!!! She had a huge opening 3Lz+3T but then doubled her the planned 3T after the 2A and double her flip, but other than that she was on fire. They said her spins were fast and centered and her choreography was amazing. They think she can give Osmond a real run for the title this year (they saw her short in Saint John).
    Who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    Who?
    Gabrielle Daleman who won CO Sectionals with a total score of 173.27 (57.55 SP, 115.72 FS).

ETA that I posted links to an interview with Lance Vipond, Kaetlyn Osmond's choreographer, and the press release re. her withdrawal from Rostelecom Cup in her fan thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4046635
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-14-2013 at 07:18 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    42 Senior women are listed in the Challenge SP start order, including Osmond, Daleman, Chartrand, and Mallet (Amélie Lacoste is taking her GP bye), so that means the top 17 finishers at Challenge will advance to Canadians?

Also in Senior: Alexandra Najarro (Cup of Nice Senior B); 4 other JGP skaters competing Senior are Julianne Séguin, Larkyn Austman, Roxanne Cournoyer, and Marianne Rioux Ouellet.

4 JGP skaters are competing Junior at Challenge (50 are listed in the SP start order): Julianne Delaurier, Madelyn Dunley, Sandrine Martin, and Kelsey Wong.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-03-2013 at 12:47 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Nice article on the SC website about Alaine Chartrand. Alaine Chartrand on the road to success
    Last edited by sk8hrd; 12-05-2013 at 05:57 PM.

vCash
    Excited with all the upcoming Canadian ladies.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Madelyn Dunley scored 50.70 in the short at Challenge today & landed a stunning 3T+3T, 3L and 2A
    Protocols http://results.skatecanada.ca/2013-2...gesDetails.pdf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniskates93 View Post
    Madelyn Dunley scored 50.70 in the short at Challenge today & landed a stunning 3T+3T, 3L and 2A
    Protocols http://results.skatecanada.ca/2013-2...gesDetails.pdf
    Um, I think it was a 3sal - 3toe. But you're right - it was stunning! Good for her.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Dunley should make junior worlds if she continues to skate like this.

Interestingly she scored higher in pcs at her JGP assignment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    Dunley should make junior worlds if she continues to skate like this.
    Think so? I'm a fan, but without any kinda flip or lutz to speak of, I see our 2 junior worlds entries (we just have two right?) going to the two out of Daleman, Seguin and Chartrand who don't go to Sochi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    Think so? I'm a fan, but without any kinda flip or lutz to speak of, I see our 2 junior worlds entries (we just have two right?) going to the two out of Daleman, Seguin and Chartrand who don't go to Sochi.
    I don't see Seguin getting one of those two spots. She will snag a spot in pairs for sure at JW. She can be prone to FS meltdowns ( see last nationals ). I think that SC will encourage her to focus more on pairs given the strengthening of the ladies depth but the pairs depth is not so strong.

I think Daleman and Chartrand are 1,2 for Junior worlds with Dunley getting a spot if one of Daleman / Chartrand get senior Worlds instead.

Just hope we finish in the top 3 countries to max out the JGP slots next year. Would be sad if the slots are cut in half as there are many ladies who deserve slots next year. The top 3 country finish should be the main focus.
    Last edited by nadioso; 12-05-2013 at 04:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Um, I think it was a 3sal - 3toe. But you're right - it was stunning! Good for her.
    OOPS. Sorry about that!

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Ok so Dunley splatted on her triple lutz and first triple loop (later landing a triple loop double loop combo) in her free skate. So let's see how everyone skates in Ottawa I guess I was just excited with how good her SP was. She could make junior worlds but the free isn't as good as her short.

vCash
    Bumping this thread up so danafan can recap the highlights from Senior Women's FS at Challenge when it's over!

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Bumping this thread up so danafan can recap the highlights from Senior Women's FS at Challenge when it's over!
    Hah!

Well Osmond rebounded from a poor short program to skate quite well today. Same jump layout as last season, landing everything except the second triple flip (double) and double axel (single). She scored over 118.

Daleman started out blazing, nailing her opening triple lutz triple toe and double axel triple toe combo. She later fell on her triple loop and triple salchow. She scored 107something and finished barely behind Osmond overall. I think these two are going to battle it out for the Canadian title this year and beyond and I could easily see them getting three Canadian ladies spots at worlds soon!

Séguin definitely doesn't want to get left out of the Sochi conversation either. She skated very aggressively and landed a lot of triples but fell on her final double axel. She still broke 100 - actually the top 5 all broke 100!

Chartrand had three falls in her free after omitting the triple salchow on her opening combo. Someone posted in the kiss-n-cry thread that she had a bad fall into the boards, hitting her head(!) warming up before her turn while Séguin's marks were being tallied. Chartrand is actually my favourite Canadian skater (though not my pick to make the Olympic team) so I hope she bounces back from this.

On another note I was very happy to see former junior champion Eri Nishimura finally qualify for nationals at the senior level. She skated very well and has improved so much this year, though she appears to only do the triple loop and triple salchow (but was always dinged for UR and downgrades in the past). There will be six former junior Canadian champions competing at the Canadian Championships this year (Lacoste, McNeil, Nishimura, Rheault, Daleman, and Austman).

ETA protocol is up http://results.skatecanada.ca/2013-2...gesDetails.pdf

Nishimura did in fact land and rotate three different triples (loop, sal, and toe).
    Last edited by danafan; 12-08-2013 at 01:46 AM.

vCash
    Thanks danafan. Wonderful news that Kaetlyn rebounded, and that the top five scored 100++.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast