Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Is it me or does Osmond not look in shape at all? She did not look like an elite athlete at Wild Rose.
    If you are only looking at the videos of Wild Rose, that is not a very good representation. Have a look at her facebook page and in particular this photo:

https://www.facebook.com/KaetlynOsmo...type=1&theater

She definitley does not look physically out of shape. Maybe some cardio work but that will come with more training.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    If you are only looking at the videos of Wild Rose, that is not a very good representation. Have a look at her facebook page and in particular this photo:

https://www.facebook.com/KaetlynOsmo...type=1&theater

She definitley does not look physically out of shape. Maybe some cardio work but that will come with more training.
    Kaetlyn is absolutely gorgeous...

vCash
    Alaine Chartrand article: http://www.easternontarionetwork.com...-of-the-season
    Excerpt:
    Alaine has been achieving high scores by executing her difficult technical elements with consistency but the most notable area of improvement has been in the artistic side of her skating. Jeff Buttle and David Wilson have created great programs for Alaine this season and she has worked very hard to develop this side of her skating.

She's showing she's well-prepared for her Jr Grand Prix Assignments in Riga, Latvia August 26-Sept 1 and Minsk, Belarus Sept 23-29.

On Sept 5-6, Alaine will attend Skate Canada's National Team Meeting in Toronto. She's excited to be doing some photo sessions and media interviews as well as getting together with all the other National Team members.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    With Chartrand and Daleman both in JGPs, I suddenly have an eerie feeling that the second spot to Sochi would go to Lacoste... Skate Canada has too many senior international assignments to hold their #2 and #3 in juniors when they are age eligible for the Olympics and can land 3/3s (and on the other hand Lacoste struggles with lutzes and flips and hasn't landed a ratified 3/3 in years).

Can they compete at fall internationals and senior Bs after they are done with their JGPs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Kaetlyn is absolutely gorgeous...
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    Also I didn't get to see her skate since it was in the other rink, but Dunley scored above the 125 target score at Thorhnill and according to the protocol she rotated a triple toe triple sal combo (but fell) and a triple loop in the short. I hope she gets a JGP assignment.
    for Madelyn Dunley: Seasoned figure skater earns international assignment

Cross-posting these 2 videos:
    Quote Originally Posted by spiral9509 View Post
    Here are 2013 COS (Central Ontario Summer Skate) fancams.

Sr. Ladies FS

Gabrielle Daleman http://youtu.be/rOSjD7QPQUY

Alaine Chartrand http://youtu.be/emcr6avvrGY
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Veronik Mallet has been added to the Skate Canada roster, per the ISU site:

http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=4631

vCash
    Chartrand looked shaky in her SP at JGP Latvia. Very gutsy going for the triple toe after a not so perfect lutz. Spins were not great. I think the JGP was a good decision for her. Again she has the technical but the PCS is still hitting her hard.

vCash
    Chartrand just moved up to fourth overall. Third in the free after the Russian girls.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Not her best skates, but she improved her season's best score from last year. Here's a video of her free skate.

http://youtu.be/wBf9wIcITWE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Chartrand just moved up to fourth overall. Third in the free after the Russian girls.
    And she exceeded her personal best in both the short and the long from last year.
    I want to thank you Lord for being with me so far this day. With your help, I have not been inpatient, lost my temper been grumpy or envious of anyone. But I will be getting out of bed in a minute and I think I will really need your help then. Amen

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    From the protocol she only rotated three of the six triples she attempted. No full downgrades though. Great potential for the rest of the season.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/jg..._FS_Scores.pdf

vCash
    Chartrand has great jumps and has made strides artistically, however her posture has to be addressed, she has the potential for nice body lines but the shoulders up to her ears are totally ruining her image on the ice. She has made improvements though and I think she has a great chance to make the Olympic team this season.

vCash
    With Nationals so early in January, I wonder what Skate Canada will do as far as selecting competitors for Four Continents? That event is worth a lot of ISU points. With many of the most competitive countries typically not sending their Olympic team/A team, any of the top 3 ladies from Canadian nationals last year could all use a helpful boost for getting Grand Prix Assignments during the 2014-15 season.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    I think finishers 3-5 will get assigned to 4CC, provided they meet the tech minimum. I think it's very likely that the top 6 from 2013 will stay in the top 6 in 2014, so I could see a team of Chartrand, Lacoste, and Mallet or Séguin making 4CC.

Perhaps even more important will be the selection for the jr world team as we will want to maintain spots at jr worlds and JGP for next season. I hope they will consider sending someone like Chartrand to both junior worlds and 4CC with this in mind.

vCash
    I think finishers 3-5 will get assigned to 4CC, provided they meet the tech minimum. I think it's very likely that the top 6 from 2013 will stay in the top 6 in 2014, so I could see a team of Chartrand, Lacoste, and Mallet or Séguin making 4CC.

Perhaps even more important will be the selection for the jr world team as we will want to maintain spots at jr worlds and JGP for next season. I hope they will consider sending someone like Chartrand to both junior worlds and 4CC with this in mind.
    Doesn't look like Chartrand will make JGPF so 4CC/JW layout is possible.

Sounds like you've all but handed Sochi spot to Daleman...?

I think if they all skate to their potential I'd see the order being Osmond, Daleman, Lacoste, Chartrand, Seguin, Mallet. I'd also think this is a rough order of SC's interest in sending ladies to Sochi. Of these I'd say odds of NOT skating to potential are highest with Lacoste so she's in tough. I think any of these ladies could go to Sochi if they step at nats...while the lower these ladies are in the pecking order, the more important their fall comps will be.

vCash
    I don't think that's a bad approach. I think that if one of Seguin/Chartrand/Daleman makes the World or Olympic team, the other two are likely to be sent to Jr. Worlds for this reason. 4CC is probably a lower priority and could be used to spread assignments around to someone like Mallet and/or give senior experience to Seguin/Chartrand/Daleman. Seguin's participation in the different events also depends on what is going on with her pairs skating. She's in a very interesting situation with the number of teams she could qualify for in either discipline. I don't think I've ever seen quite this situation with a skater who is junior age-eligible and potentially in contention for both junior and senior internationals in both disciplines in an Olympic year. The closest I can think of was Meagan Duhamel in 2005 who did end up competing at the JGPF in singles and at Jr. Worlds in pairs, but that wasn't an Olympic year so there weren't quite as many assignments to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    Doesn't look like Chartrand will make JGPF so 4CC/JW layout is possible.
    Since the JGPF is in December, it shouldn't really have an impact on attending 4CC/JW. It's likely a moot point for Chartrand, since as you say, she's unlikely to make the JGPF, but worth keeping in mind for Seguin and Daleman.

On another topic, looking at the JGP assignments, I find it very curious that Marika Steward hasn't received an assignment or at least an alternate spot given that she has made the minimum score set out by Skate Canada. She has been somewhat inconsistent this summer, but it seems odd that skaters like Roxanne Cournoyer and Kelsey Wong are getting assignments (and Larkyn Austman and Zoe Gong are getting multiple alternate slots) without having hit the minimum score while Steward has met the score once and doesn't even have one alternate slot. The only JGP that hasn't been assigned yet is Estonia and I would guess that will go to Daleman and either Gong or Austman since they have been listed as alternates for several other assignments.

I also have to wonder a bit at Skate Canada not listing Chartrand, Daleman or Seguin as alternates for any of the assignments. It seems like it would be prudent in the event of injury to allow for the chance to switch events, although hopefully they will all stay healthy and it just won't matter (knock on wood).

vCash
    I also have to wonder a bit at Skate Canada not listing Chartrand, Daleman or Seguin as alternates for any of the assignments.
    Great point. It hadn't occurred to me that they weren't putting them in. They have been doing it in ice dance for Bent/MacKeen and Edwards/Pang. Interestingly, they haven't been doing it for Nam Nguyen in men's either.

vCash
    Julianne Seguin has a good skate at the JGP Mexico, with a score of 50.98. That's a new international best short program score for her. Her program is here.

Sandrine Martin had IMO a very good debut on the JGP. Her score of 43.25 is certainly respectable for her debut, but what's more impressive is that she got that score despite completely missing her combination, which likely cost her 5 or 6 points. It was right at the start of the program, but she was able to put the mistake completely behind her.

Unlike some skaters, puberty seems to be treating her quite kindly so far. Last year she looked rather frail to me. This year she has much greater speed and power, and she hasn't lost the jumps. Here's her short program.

vCash
    Sandrine has some it factor going on--amazing what a difference a smile make. She also has nice speed and edges

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast