Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    vCash
    That would be awesome for Daleman. When do they usually come out with the announcements for GPs assignments?

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8hrd View Post
    That would be awesome for Daleman. When do they usually come out with the announcements for GPs assignments?
    Early June in recent years.

vCash
    I would not encourage Gaby to switch to Orser. Apart from Yu Na he does not seem to bring ladies along very well.

vCash
    Which women has he had, other than Yu-Na? I'm not disputing your point, I'm just curious.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    He is currently coaching Elizabet Turzynbaeva from Kazakhstan and Sonia Lafuente from Spain (though he wasn't with her in the kissncry at worlds). He briefly coached Min-Jeong Kwak in 2010, and coached former Canadian competitor Riley McCullough-Casarsa (she competed on the JGP a couple of years). I believe he's now coaching former Canadian junior champion Eri Nishimura. Of course there was the brief stint with Cynthia Phaneuf.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperBoy View Post
    I would not encourage Gaby to switch to Orser. Apart from Yu Na he does not seem to bring ladies along very well.
    Fair enough, would you suggest a change and if yes to whom?

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    I think Daleman has made so many improvements already and she's only 16. In the past she would over rotate her jumps and have difficulty holding her landings. At worlds she was much more in control. I don't think she needs a coaching change.

vCash
    Wasn't he also coaching E. Gedevanishvilli last year in London. I thought she changed to someone else and then I thought I heard she went back to Brian for the
    later part of this season although I didn't see him with her in the K&C. What say you danafan?
    pug lover

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    Wasn't he also coaching E. Gedevanishvilli last year in London. I thought she changed to someone else and then I thought I heard she went back to Brian for the
    later part of this season although I didn't see him with her in the K&C. What say you danafan?
    Yeah she was with Orser for awhile but I thought he was her secondary coach while Ghislaine Briand was her primary coach.

vCash
    Bumping up to add Gabrielle Daleman choreographer news...

So far this season, Nichol has already done two new programs for Gabby Daleman (“I’m very excited for her year,” Nichol said)
    Source article, published today: http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/Ne...S/Default.aspx
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Good news about Nichol working with Daleman. Hopefully she can soften her up and give her a more feminine look. Such a strong, athletic skater with huge jumps.

vCash
    Really good news. IMHO, Lori's strength is creating programs for young skaters that wring every last point out of the system while still developing their performance skills. Looking forward to seeing her latest creations for Gabby.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halffull View Post
    Good news about Nichol working with Daleman. Hopefully she can soften her up and give her a more feminine look. Such a strong, athletic skater with huge jumps.
    Nicole has been working withe Dalemen for a couple of years now. They sat together in the kiss n cry at the Olympics.

vCash
    Gabby comes across as a strong skater, much like Kaetlyn and Joanne. She just needs some refinement. Getting there! Looking forward to her growth. She has a very bubbly personality.

Looking forward to the ladies at Nationals. So far, looks like Kaetlyn will still keep her title. Challenge likely to come from Gabby and Chartrand and ????
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    N_Halifax posted his blog interview with Alaine Chartrand back on April 30: http://skateguard1.blogspot.com/2014...chartrand.html

ETA that Osmond and Daleman are among those in Ottawa today for the CAN Olympic team festivities.

Kaetlyn's tweet:
    On top of the peace tower after changing out the flag! #TallestPointInOttawa #unbelievable http://pic.twitter.com/jTsNabbvCx
    Bal Gosal, MP tweeted this photo that included Daleman & Weaver:
    What an impressive bunch of young ladies! Congrats to @gabby_daleman @Lrougeau4 @WeaverPoje from @BradButtMP & I. http://pic.twitter.com/p9egn1yd1n
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-04-2014 at 08:43 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Kaetlyn's tweet:

Bal Gosal, MP tweeted this photo that included Daleman & Weaver:
    Gaby looks tiny here!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    omg, I just checked that last pic of Weaver and Daleman but now I am worried I may become bombarded with PC propaganda.

vCash
    Tweeted photos from Daleman last night:
    With the Canadian hero @Denny_Morrison soon to be parade marshal http://pic.twitter.com/cf5MDnMSxq

This just happened!!!! http://pic.twitter.com/2YqqKeratL
    Ravi Walia tweeted this photo of him & Kaetlyn:
    Selfie Friday @kaetlyn_23 @CDNOlympicTeam #VirtueMoir #TeamCanada http://pic.twitter.com/YA90WgkMnl

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    ISU posted the roster for the first JGP for the season - http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051549.htm

I'm very happy to see that Canada has registered two ladies to skate! Larkyn Austman and Roxanne Cournoyer. Both have JGP experience from last year. Last season Skate Canada gave away one of the spots in the first JGP. I hope this means that they will send two women to each JGP this year. Chartrand worked hard to keep those spots!

Alternates listed are 2014 junior champion Kim Déguise-Léveillee, Julianne Delaurier, and Madelyn Dunley (both with previous JGP experience).

Hopefully as the summer competitions continue other contenders for spots will be more evident.

I'm very excited for this season to begin!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516