Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Apologies for not being up to speed, but has the Canadian Team for Sochi been announced yet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Apologies for not being up to speed, but has the Canadian Team for Sochi been announced yet?
    Yes (they went with the podium finishers)

Men: Chan, Reynolds, Firus
    Ladies: Osmond, Daleman
    Pairs: Duhamel/Radford, Moore-Towers/Moscovitch, Lawrence/Sweigers
    Dance: Virtue/Moir, Weaver/Poje, Paul/Islam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Yes (they went with the podium finishers)

Men: Chan, Reynolds, Firus
    Ladies: Osmond, Daleman
    Pairs: Duhamel/Radford, Moore-Towers/Moscovitch, Lawrence/Sweigers
    Dance: Virtue/Moir, Weaver/Poje, Paul/Islam
    Thanks.

Much less drama up north.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Thanks.

Much less drama up north.
    Yes, well, SC made it clear to V&M, MT&M, W&P, D&R, Chan, and Osmond, that they were going regardless of the outcome at Nationals. IMHO this is the best way to do things. It takes the pressure off and everyone knows what they are fighting for.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Re junior and senior: Sakoto Miyahara skated senior Grand Prix this season and she's been assigned to 4CC and jr worlds.

vCash
    I just watched Osmond's and Daleman's programs from Nationals for the first time. Boy, is it ever nice to see a couple of our young ladies who can jump! I have no predictions for the Olympics or Worlds, and certainly wouldn't want to be part of a jinx on them, but if they can bring that quality to those events, there will be nothing to be ashamed of! Nice!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    ^I agree. The Lesley gawker days are over

I want to see Daleman try quad toe, girl has got power legs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Yes, well, SC made it clear to V&M, MT&M, W&P, D&R, Chan, and Osmond, that they were going regardless of the outcome at Nationals. IMHO this is the best way to do things. It takes the pressure off and everyone knows what they are fighting for.
    Just curious, but are you sure about Osmond? Rod Black said on the broadcast 9 athletes were told in advance and his list did not include Osmond. I would think that under "normal" circumstances the list would have included both Osmond and Reynolds, but since neither had competed in an A event this year they had to show that they are ready at Canadians first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Talker View Post
    Just curious, but are you sure about Osmond? Rod Black said on the broadcast 9 athletes were told in advance and his list did not include Osmond. I would think that under "normal" circumstances the list would have included both Osmond and Reynolds, but since neither had competed in an A event this year they had to show that they are ready at Canadians first.
    I remember that part of the broadcast and you are correct, he did not name Osmond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Talker View Post
    I may be wrong about Osmond. I was going from memory based on watching the broadcast. Originally I didn't think he mentioned Osmond but dd was sure he had.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Nice article about Chartrand. Mentions 4CC as well as the possibility of going back to jr worlds.

http://www.recorder.ca/2014/01/15/ta...iOoSQ.facebook

vCash
    I was so thrilled watching our Canadian women compete this past weekend. Kudos to KO for putting it down when it counted, ditto to Daleman. Felt bad for Lacoste, especially since she had such a great short. Once she made that mistake in her free, if felt like the air kind of went out of her sails. She tried to fight back but it just didn't seem to be there for her. I think the tears in her eyes at the end of her skate in the gala told us all how she felt.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Any thoughts on the junior worlds team now that the junior ladies' event is over? I'd go for Chartrand and Seguin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Any thoughts on the junior worlds team now that the junior ladies' event is over? I'd go for Chartrand and Seguin.
    ditto. can seguin do double duty though, as she'll likely be assigned in pairs (pending the success of the pairs FS)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    ditto. can seguin do double duty though, as she'll likely be assigned in pairs (pending the success of the pairs FS)
    Seguin has been doing double duty during the GPF as well but I think she should concentrate on one going forward. Few Skaters can be like Kristy Yamaguchi who was 5th and 4th in the two disciplines at the World Championships.

vCash
    I wondered about Rod's math. I'm sure Osmond would have a 'go' in advance given that she's solely responsible for two spots. I didn't hear him mention MTM, so Reynolds might have been the 9th. That might account for the lack of nervousness from him or Osmond in their performances.

vCash
    No I thnk the 9th was MT/M - fourth in the world should have a bye.
    Osmond was injured so they would want to see what she could do though I am sure that they have followed her very closely in the last few months.

vCash
    I went back to the PVR, it was MTM (they also showed a photo of them) not Reynolds or Osmond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    No I thnk the 9th was MT/M - fourth in the world should have a bye.
    Osmond was injured so they would want to see what she could do though I am sure that they have followed her very closely in the last few months.
    I agree as well. It states clearly in the SC Athlete Selection Procedure that the Olympic Team on the following criteria (in no particular order of importance):
    • Medalist at the 2011, 2012, 2013 ISU World Figure Skating Championships.
    • Placement at the 2014 Canadian Tire National Figure Skating Championships.
    • Top 10 placement at the 2012 and/or 2013 ISU World Figure Skating Championships.
    MT/M placed 4th
    • Top 6 placement at the 2012 and/or 2013 ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships.
    MT/M placed 2nd
    • Qualifying for the 2011, 2012 and/or 2013 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final and/or the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final. MT/M qualified

It also states that:
    Pre-Selection Consideration:
    Athletes/teams in each discipline who have a top five placement at the 2012 and/or 2013 ISU World Figure Skating Championships (again MT/M placed 4th) and show competitive readiness through participation in the 2013/2014 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating events, may be selected to the Olympic Team by the HPDC prior to the 2014 Canadian Tire National Figure Skating Championships.

vCash
    Just finished watching rv5's vids. So happy that Osmond has healed well. Always love her air of vivaciousness.
    And Gabby, she's a fighter and so strong in jumps. A fiesty lady. These two gorgeoous ladies are gong to nudge each other in excellence. Go girls.
    Happy that Lacoste skated a beautiful SP and won a medal. She has achievements and if she retires from figure skating, she should be able to look back with pride.
    All the the best to the Canadian ladies. I will be rooting for you from my computer screen.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast