Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

vCash
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    Hah!

Well Osmond rebounded from a poor short program to skate quite well today. Same jump layout as last season, landing everything except the second triple flip (double) and double axel (single). She scored over 118.

Daleman started out blazing, nailing her opening triple lutz triple toe and double axel triple toe combo. She later fell on her triple loop and triple salchow. She scored 107something and finished barely behind Osmond overall. I think these two are going to battle it out for the Canadian title this year and beyond and I could easily see them getting three Canadian ladies spots at worlds soon!

Séguin definitely doesn't want to get left out of the Sochi conversation either. She skated very aggressively and landed a lot of triples but fell on her final double axel. She still broke 100 - actually the top 5 all broke 100!

Chartrand had three falls in her free after omitting the triple salchow on her opening combo. Someone posted in the kiss-n-cry thread that she had a bad fall into the boards, hitting her head(!) warming up before her turn while Séguin's marks were being tallied. Chartrand is actually my favourite Canadian skater (though not my pick to make the Olympic team) so I hope she bounces back from this.

On another note I was very happy to see former junior champion Eri Nishimura finally qualify for nationals at the senior level. She skated very well and has improved so much this year, though she appears to only do the triple loop and triple salchow (but was always dinged for UR and downgrades in the past). There will be six former junior Canadian champions competing at the Canadian Championships this year (Lacoste, McNeil, Nishimura, Rheault, Daleman, and Austman).

ETA protocol is up http://results.skatecanada.ca/2013-2...gesDetails.pdf

Nishimura did in fact land and rotate three different triples (loop, sal, and toe).
    Belated thanks for your recap, danafan!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Yikes...3 of the top 5 had 2+ falls?

It'll be interesting to see how the pressure of making the Olympics affects these young women.

Part of me really wants to see Amelie Lacoste make the team because I think she has the most maturity and musicality of them all. Her free skate is my favorite program this season, and she's been slowly ramping up the difficulty, adding a 3Lz and later a 3S in the final few seconds.

She seems to be trying different jump layouts to find jumps she is comfortable with and I hope she finds one that works; each outing has been stronger than the last.

I also hope Osmond is fully recovered by Nationals.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Videos from the Octoberfest competition of Alaine Chartrand were posted on her Facebook fan page today.

Here's her short where she did her triple loop with both arms overhead.

http://youtu.be/Yh3r6Fa2czA

vCash
    Happy birthday Amélie Lacoste!

vCash
    Happy Birthday Amelie. All the best for Canadians. I am praying you are one of Canada's two for Sochi. You go girl!!
    pug lover

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Nice pre nationals article on Alaine Chartrand.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/touch/s...tml?id=9356233

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Daleman's goal is to win nationals this year!

http://vimeo.com/m/83242666

vCash
    While Daleman's jumps are secure I think she needs to improve in the aesthetics part of the program. She is really a go getter and I hope she has a bright future. I find Osmond is a much more mature skater at this time.

vCash
    I think the women's event is going to be a nail biter - they all want that second spot and maybe the title.

vCash
    ^^ Looks like it. Unfortunately, there is no live streaming on Canadian Nats on tv teka so will have to rely to those who attend the Nats to update.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Congratulations to Kaetlyn Osmond and Gabrielle Daleman for their 1-2 finish at 2014 nationals! I'm sure they will be named to the Olympic team later today

vCash
    I assume Daleman is old enough for Olympics and has the ISU minimum score?

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    I assume Daleman is old enough for Olympics and has the ISU minimum score?
    Yes to both counts. Daleman turns 16 tomorrow.

vCash
    Great! Thanks! Nice birthday present for her.

Loved her yesterday. Her PCS has REALLY improved and she is so fierce out there. A great performer. She's a little Phanuef-esque to me.

vCash
    CANADIAN NATIONALS 2014: Gabrielle Daleman

Short Program video

Long Program video

vCash
    Any thoughts on junior worlds and 4CCs assignments?

Junior worlds: Chartrand plus Seguin or maybe the junior champ depending on how that competition goes

4CCs Mallet for sure, Lacoste (unless she decides she's done) and I would have Chartrand compete here to to start building senior international experience

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    I would send Chartrand and Dunley to jr worlds, assuming the latter skates well this week. To 4CC I'd send Chartrand, Mallet, and Lacoste. There's not a lot of choice for 4CC due to tech score requirements.

vCash
    When does changing to senior internationally become an irreversible decision i.e. can they go to 4CC (a senior competion) and then go to Junior Worlds?

I thought there was some regulation about 'once senior - always senior' from the ISU; however, that may only apply to the Grand Prix series rather than to other competitions. Probably someone here knows the details about any such regulation, if it exists.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    When does changing to senior internationally become an irreversible decision i.e. can they go to 4CC (a senior competion) and then go to Junior Worlds?

I thought there was some regulation about 'once senior - always senior' from the ISU; however, that may only apply to the Grand Prix series rather than to other competitions. Probably someone here knows the details about any such regulation, if it exists.
    Michael Christian Martinez went to 4CC and Junior Worlds, last season, so I don't think there is a rule in that regard. You can't do both the junior and senior grand prix, though.

Heck, Denis Ten did junior worlds after going the the Olympics!.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast