Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Osmond tweeted today about being excited for Skate Canada and that she was training hard. Hopefully she's ready.

Maybe they'll have to send Joannie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    Any updates on Osmond and her recovery? Did she skate in Regina last weekend?
    No, she did not.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Austman had a great debut on the JGP today!

http://youtu.be/ulS5gHhrRUM

vCash
    Great job by Austman!
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post

Nice! Great to see the junior ladies all doing well.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    If Gabby could move up to third in the FS she could still make the Grand Prix final.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    If Gabby could move up to third in the FS she could still make the Grand Prix final.
    She doesn't seem to be a short program skater.

vCash
    She popped the second jump of her combination. The rest was fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Nice! Great to see the junior ladies all doing well.
    Chantelle was lovely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Only if Oba (currently 2nd) or Sakhanovich (currently 4th) or Turzynbaeva (currently 6th) don't finish in the top 2. It's not impossible but it's a tough ask given that the first two ladies I mentioned are already ahead of Gabrielle & have higher PBs.

Austman was a nice surprise. Needs to work on her speed & power, but it was a nice debut. The Canadian ladies have improved out of nowhere!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post

She has beautiful jumps! Does she have a flip or lutz? I remember a nice 2a-3t at nationals last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    I just watched Dunley's LP from Minsk. She needs A LOT of work. She has a very stiff landing knee on her jumps and has no clue what to do with her arms/hands. Can't believe her PCS was higher than Chartrand's.
    Finally got around to watching Dunley's LP and agree that it was pretty rough. Her SP was much better and seemed to hide her weaknesses more. I was surprised to see that she has only one choreographer because the two programs were so different that I thought she must have had a different one for the short.

Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Austman was a nice surprise. Needs to work on her speed & power, but it was a nice debut. The Canadian ladies have improved out of nowhere!
    Austman had a dominant win in Jr. Ladies at Canadians, so I'm not totally surprised, but she didn't skate well at her one summer competition so I'm pleased to see she's back to form. I agree on the speed and power (and I would also add posture) but I love her sense of style and maturity on the ice. It's hard to believe she's actually younger than Daleman and actually too young to go to the Olympics this year (not that I expect her to challenge for a spot at this point but it does put her age into perspective).

vCash
    Here's Gabrielle's short program: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEjlh...Q_9kY3VEil6Ir4.

It's developing very nicely. She probably lost about 3 points on the combo compared to what she would have had for a 3Lz-2T, or about 6 points compared to a 3LZ-3T, so a score of 51.62 is still very good.

vCash
    This deserves to be bumped up to note Alaine Chartrand's seven-triple, 117 point free skate at Octoberfest, as danafan pointed out in the Canadian competitions thread in Kiss and Cry. Results are here.

Another skater who did very well was Eri Nishimura, with a 148.63-point total score. She's been building through the season, with a good performance at Isabelle Henderson, and this was an improvement on that. I think she's now reached the point where she could challenge for top 5 at Canadians if one of the favourites falters.

Two skaters I will continue to watch with interest are Rachel Greben and Giouzelin Mutlu. Neither one of them had particularly good skates, but they both were trying multiple triples including the lutz and flip. If the jumps ever come together for them, they will become a factor in Canadian ladies.

vCash
    Chartrand really is just working bit-by-bit, and improving steadily with each competition. Yesterday proves she's really in it to make it to Sochi. It's exciting to see all these young girls really go for it and actually want it. I maintain her, Daleman, Seguin, Mallet (Deserves mention after solid Nebelhorn skates) and possibly Lacoste are really going to be fighting for that second spot. I'm really hoping this time it comes down to who skates their absolute best and not who's the least nervous. It could make for the best night of ladies skating in Canada since that magical night in 2004 where I was in the front row and witness to multiple 5-6 triple jump performances at nationals, and Cynthia Phaneuf came out of nowhere to win. Though the top 3 last year were pretty darn good!
    Kyle

vCash
    I totally agree with you Kylet3. I even think that there is a chance that Osmond could be beaten for the top spot at Canadians. It all comes down to what happens on the day. A lot depends on who goes clean in the short. It's delicious! And these are Canadian ladies we are talking about!

vCash
    Osmond looked solid in practice this morning in Saint John. 3lz, 3f, 3t+3t, 2a+3t. She did a LP run through. Did some jumps but mainly spotting the program. No comparison to Wild Rose competition choreography. Seems like she spent alot of time on fixing it up.

I think it was one of the first times I saw Lacoste actually smiling on the ice. She seems relaxed. Have to wait for competition time. Really need to fix the hair color.

Mallet seemed like there may be a few nerves there. Didn't really follow her much. Osmond stole the show for the Canadians.

vCash
    Thanks, hohoho. I missed seeing Osmond...and am glad to see she had a good practice, same for Lacoste.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I didn't see Veronika and Emelie skate but managed to watch Kaetlyn. Her practice looks good, Claire.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Daleman is featured on TSN's powerade24 segment. She's working the triple axel.

http://www.tsn.ca/powerade24/mobile/

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast