Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Great to see all these juniors popping up: Madelyn looks promising.

I love the improvements with Alaine. She looks like she's attacking her SP more. Let's hope she can eventually get those under-rotations under control.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Does anyone know if Dunley will skate jr or sr in Canada this year?

vCash
    danafan, I do believe she is planning to skate junior this year in Canada but of course, i could be wrong!

vCash
    She skated junior at both of the summer competitions that I know of (Skate Detroit and Thornhill), which would probably suggest junior. That said, if it's not too late to change, she may want to consider senior if she continues to skate this well. In an article on Seguin/Bilodeau, Josee Picard mentioned that they would decide whether to skate junior or senior domestically after the JGP, so Dunley may have the option to move up?

vCash
    I believe the deadlines for Sections have either passed or are coming up. Even if skaters have a bye through Sections, do they not have to at least register? It may be different for pairs who go straight through to Nationals, but I'm sure singles skaters will have declared by now. (The deadline for BC/YT I believe was last night.)
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Najarro will make a return to international competition at Coupe de Nice according to the Skate Canada assignments page!

http://www.skatecanada.ca/en-us/athl...signments.aspx

This will give her a bye through sectionals, which will make the eventual fourth place finisher at COS sectionals very happy as this is probably one of the hardest sections for senior ladies this year.

vCash
    That is great to see, not only because she gets an international assignment, but also because it's a further indication that Skate Canada is finally starting to use Senior B events as development tools rather than just using them as skateoff for the Skate Canada spots.

(Although they really should move it to the senior international part of the webpage, rather than under the Grand Prix Series part of the page).

Regarding Madelyn Dunley, IMO her presentation has improved substantially since last year. Last year she looked rather awkward to me; now she doesn't. Good work on her part.

vCash
    Amélie Lacoste has been added to TEB! http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4003133
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    The Estonia JGP entries were updated today on the ISU site and the Canadian entries are now Daleman and Austman.

vCash
    dup post
    Last edited by ichiro; 09-28-2013 at 05:04 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    The Estonia JGP entries were updated today on the ISU site and the Canadian entries are now Daleman and Austman.
    I guess Dunley must have been a placeholder. Even though I think that Dunley had a strong debut with a 6th place finish (same as Seguin who still has her second assignment), I am glad that Austman gets a chance to compete on the JGP. Austman's free program at nationals was so strong that I had thought it was a shame she wasn't getting an assignment...just wish it didn't come at the expense of Dunley getting more experience.

(Would it be too bitchy to point out if SC had used both spots in Latvia, we could have had Austman with an assignment and Dunley with two?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ichiro View Post
    Madelyn looked good during the SP. some odd reason her humping technique reminds me of Mira Leung..

I like the improvements that I've seen with Alaine and her attack with the SP. however she really needs to start fully rotating all her jumps.
    I just watched Dunley's LP from Minsk. She needs A LOT of work. She has a very stiff landing knee on her jumps and has no clue what to do with her arms/hands. Can't believe her PCS was higher than Chartrand's.

vCash
    I know her component scores might have been propped up a little bit higher because Nebelhorn had such a huge field, but 53+ TES in the long program for Veronik Mallet is a pretty high standard so early in the season (not to mention almost 160 combined score).

vCash
    Boy I tell you, with Mallet's very respectable performance, if everyone is at their best come Canadian Nationals, we could be in for an absolute scorcher. Osmond, Daleman, Chartrand, Mallet, Lacoste, Seguin, and even to a lesser extent Najarro and DeSanctis, all battling for two spots to Sochi. Nothing is guaranteed and ice is slippery but I really have high hopes that everyone will bring their best for nationals. These girls really do have the capabilities, I just hope they can step it up and really show us that they can.
    Kyle

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Dunley registered for sectionals in junior, according to this:

http://www.skatecanada-centralontari...%2024sep13.pdf

Desanctis isn't registered in senior ladies (though the deadline was still pending) but I think it's safe to say she isn't skating this year

vCash
    Sad about DeSanctis, but still tons of good skaters in the womens division.
    Kyle

vCash
    Osmond, Daleman, Chartrand, Mallet, Lacoste

I am so psyched for these 5. Chartrand's skate in Minsk was respectable and just when I thought perhaps she could challenge for a medal, she fell on a freaking spin.

Hope Osmond recovers in time and the Lacoste's new coach works wonders for her harder triples.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    (Would it be too bitchy to point out if SC had used both spots in Latvia, we could have had Austman with an assignment and Dunley with two?)
    Given the surprising amount of strength that the Canadian youth are demonstrating here, no, not at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    Dunley registered for sectionals in junior, according to this:

http://www.skatecanada-centralontari...%2024sep13.pdf

Desanctis isn't registered in senior ladies (though the deadline was still pending) but I think it's safe to say she isn't skating this year
    That's too bad. She didn't skate very well at Nats last year. Didn't she lose her funding? I can't remember if she was 6th or 7th. That might have something to do with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Osmond, Daleman, Chartrand, Mallet, Lacoste

I am so psyched for these 5. Chartrand's skate in Minsk was respectable and just when I thought perhaps she could challenge for a medal, she fell on a freaking spin.

Hope Osmond recovers in time and the Lacoste's new coach works wonders for her harder triples.
    Any updates on Osmond and her recovery? Did she skate in Regina last weekend?

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast