Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper88 View Post
    Every year they keep getting closer and closer, too. I am going to be a wreck at next year's Olympics (but i'm thinking they'll go professional and still do shows etc). Can't wait to see them at SOI this May!
    With their awesome hugs in mind, like at the Olympics and these Worlds, I can't even begin to imagine what their hug will be like after their very last competition performance ever. I wonder if it'll top the "Thank you so much" moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    ANYWAYS
    I love tessa&scott/tatiana&maxim's friendship
    http://instagram.com/p/XA5J9sD_pt/
    Love Tessa's dress! And love Tatiana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    volunteer, I am really sorry that happened to you. If you put that user on your ignore list, that should block their private messages as well as their posts. That's probably the most effective way to deal with nasty ubers as trying to reason with them does not seem to work.
    Honestly eutrepe needs to grow a pair, stop being a little punk and just come in here and say whatever he wants to say. Right now he's just looking like a little pathetic coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Hey guys, on a positive note I was thinking - how about collecting all of the good things that different skaters/experts have said about V&M over the years? I ran this by iggie so she can post it on her blog.

pani and other posters from other countries, your help with foreign language articles would be greatly appreciated. I would be happy to search old threads for quotes (will work on this during the week).

If anyone can pop out some names that would help too... I know Navka, Zhulin, I&K, Domnina have said great things and I can't think of any others off the top of my head right now.

There have been so many and I would love having them in one place to read.
    That's such a neat idea. Hopefully I find something to contribute. I remember when the fake Tessa's instagram was still up, Pani said Grishuk had nice things to say about their Carmen or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    Same here! I wasn't able to fully enjoy it watching it live because of my nerves. The second time, my eyes welled with tears from the emotion of it all. I also loved the hug after the EX, I could almost imagine Scott saying "come here, you!" The EX was fantastic as per usual - must be so cathartic for them.

I think I may have a breakdown during the Olympics because it'll be their last competition.
    I'll be right their 'breaking down' with you. I can never enjoy it live.
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    eutrepe is harassing me rn as we speak

ANYWAYS
    I love tessa&scott/tatiana&maxim's friendship
    http://instagram.com/p/XA5J9sD_pt/
    Real nice. Maybe if you ROAR at them they'll go away

Love V/T nice pic.

I also took that quote to mean the judges weren't on their wavelength and didn't really understand the concept. And DelSchoes definitely came to mind for me this week, as well, in terms of the judges not rewarding the difficulty or the concept of their program.
    I took it to mean that as well. Thing is I think the judges understood exactly what the concept was, but they definitely weren't on their wavelength cause they're to damn stupid, and to busy playing games.
    Love DelSchoes So happy when they won their World title but they got shafted way to often. Oh well they are appreciated and remembered fondly just as V/M will be.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Love Tessa's dress! And love Tatiana.

Honestly needs to grow a pair, stop being a little punk and just come in here and say whatever he wants to say. Right now he's just looking like a little pathetic coward.

That's such a neat idea. Hopefully I find something to contribute. I remember when the fake Tessa's instagram was still up, Pani said Grishuk had nice things to say about their Carmen or something.
    ITA they even threatened to report me to the usfsa idek what the usfsa would even want with a so called "troll" and "obnoxious twit" like me
    she needs to deal with it lol cause they are always going to be people talking shit about other skaters and fsu is full of these people. threatening to sue them all is just plain censorship
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 03-19-2013 at 03:12 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Hey guys, on a positive note I was thinking - how about collecting all of the good things that different skaters/experts have said about V&M over the years? I ran this by iggie so she can post it on her blog.
    Awesome idea. Krylova has been quoted as saying some wonderful things about VM. Elena Ilinykh too. I started a thread last year about skaters favourite skaters,...I'll have to look in there again as it's all a little fuzzy.

vCash
    usfsa! Yes I'm sure they'd be very interested.

Anyway as far as comments about V/M I know Krylova said '...the Canadians are a unique pair. Scott Moir is an enormous talent.....for me they are number one'
    I like the idea of compiling all of the comments in one place. I think that is better than any gold medal or any score a 'judge' can give.

vCash
    Great idea for Iggie's blog.

Can anyone report on the cbc gala interview? I have been hoping it would pop up on youtube!

vCash
    Hmmm ... just wondering out loud here ... sorta.
    Is there anything higher than Platnium? Just thinking that if Plushenko's fans thought he was robbed of gold and therefore deserved a Platinum medal, V/M are at least TWICE as good as he has been and should get something higher. Wadda think? Hmmm?

Ok, I'll try to be serious. Ugh, no, that's not a good idea cause then I'll feel down about the whole stupid dance thing and all the attacking of Chan going on here
    and and and I.do.not.want.to.cry.
    thinking about how next year is it for the BEST dance team ever.

I am definitely going to have to go to either Skate Canada and HOPE that V/M are doing it OR go to Canadians. The latter is closer to home for me -- at least it's still in the same province (barely) but the former is on the east coast and I could maybe, perhaps fit in a visit with DD since she's not coming home this summer what's a skating fan to do? If I had the $$$, I'd do both but alas, that's not possible at this moment.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    [QUOTE=ofdarkness;3878880]I'm finally catching up on the CBC stream coverage of the SD, and there were some cute moments between Tessa and Scott. Before they go out for the warmup, he says to her something like "I'm just going to hold your hand out there" and then gives her a one-armed hug while whispering something in her ear. And as they leave the ice from warm up, Tessa rubs his arm. More evidence of their constant support of each other!

Thanks, i actually missed the short dances because the pvr taped other things before. I love those moments you can see they support each other so much. Scott seems such a caring and protective partner to Tessa. I remember when i was younger i could manage compulsory dance tests as i had a partner to support me and encourage me but skating solo yikes, never had the nerves. I hope they have a new exhibition program for SOI with lots of chemistry.

I actually thought Tessa and Scott should have won the free dance portion of the competition. They aren't rewarded enough.Such drama, attention for detail and expression. Complex choreography, its truly a masterpiece. Not only that but when we are learning compuslory dances V/M have all the qualities we learn are the most important in dance.

vCash
    Cherub, great idea! I was going to suggest Jess's thread. Shae has also had glowing things to say about them, and Stephane Lambiel said the following in an interview last year:

"When you watch ice dance they will have almost the same beginning of the footwork, because they have to do those deep edges with difficult turns; the twizzles. On the other hand I think it's interesting because the fantastic champions still, even with all those rules, find new things and bring more than just the elements. That's why I love Tessa and Scott (Virtue/Moir), because when you watch them you don't see the rules, you see the story, the emotion."

http://www.absoluteskating.com/index...id=2012lambiel

vCash
    I'm dying to see V/M live again in competition but probably never will. 4CC is in Taipei next year but being an Olympic year there is probably zero chance for any Olympians to show up save for the Japanese Team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSGP21 View Post
    Great idea for Iggie's blog.

Can anyone report on the cbc gala interview? I have been hoping it would pop up on youtube!
    I'll try. It was very short. They just spoke about London. What a great job they did. How they felt the love and how the fans there are so knowledgable and that the Canadian team was so strong and the fans appreciated not only Canadians but all the skaters from everywhere.
    They spoke about the silver medal, how it's not what they hoped for but they were so happy with the performances they gave. They have a plan for next year already, they know what they have to do and the silver medal will help motivate them to their goal of winning the Olympics. Scott Russell asked them if they were still having fun and they both chuckled Scott said 'For sure, ya we love what we do' Tessa said 'We wouldn't be doing it otherwise' Then Scott Russell referred to them as 'Olympic Champions for all time'
    That was about it, they looked great

vCash
    Hey everyone! I'm having some nostalgia moments and want to watch some clips of them. Does anyone have any particular cute clips (either of interviews -videos or articles) or performances from 2010 onwards? And why do they resonate so much with you? Thanks in advance!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    That's the thing. You see something like this, for instance: http://25.media.tumblr.com/ae70ea98e...v07ko1_500.gif and then you see this: http://25.media.tumblr.com/768cf508d...f86vo1_500.gif. Look at both ladies. See how Tessa, even mid-lift, tries to suspend herself a little longer and stays in control. Her kicks aren't purposeless, but the movements are extended until the last second.

Yes, Golightly" this says it all really. And every single "gif" of transitions, lifts, spins, twizzles, step sequences will show these differences when comparing both Tessa and Scott to any other team. As well as a boatload of other attributes. And the "ROAR". OMG the "ROAR". LOVE IT. #facepalm LOL.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Cherub, great idea! I was going to suggest Jess's thread. Shae has also had glowing things to say about them, and Stephane Lambiel said the following in an interview last year:

"When you watch ice dance they will have almost the same beginning of the footwork, because they have to do those deep edges with difficult turns; the twizzles. On the other hand I think it's interesting because the fantastic champions still, even with all those rules, find new things and bring more than just the elements. That's why I love Tessa and Scott (Virtue/Moir), because when you watch them you don't see the rules, you see the story, the emotion."

http://www.absoluteskating.com/index...id=2012lambiel
    its so awesome what lambiel said about them. i know some lambiel fans who totally DETEST v/m and i can imagine that this quote would make their blood boil

vCash
    Cherub and iggie, I went back in the archive and I found this because I remembered I posted it back then (the link doesn't work anymore though):
    Save the Last Dance for Sochi: Among those who'd like to see Olympic ice dance champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir stick around for another Olympics is Evgeni Platov, a two-time Olympic ice dance champion for Russia with Oksana Grishuk.

Now a coach, Platov has been a huge fan of the Canadians since seeing them at the 2005 world junior championships and telling friends they'd be Olympic champions one day.

“To stay another four years, that's when you're learning who you really are,” said Platov. “Can you take the pressure? Everyone knows right now they're the best and everyone's looking at them. So what do they do? What kind of program? What kind of costumes?

“It's much easier to climb on the top of Everest or any mountain. It's very hard to hold that position, because everybody wants that place. It will be great if they stay another four years until Sochi. Then they will recognizable as super champions.”

Platov had predicted before the free dance at the worlds that endurance would be an issue for Virtue and Moir, who did seem to flag towards the end in winning a silver medal behind Americans Meryl Davis and Charlie White.

Platov faced a similar situation at the 1995 worlds in Birmingham, England, where he didn't compete for the whole season before the championships because he had a knee injury.

“The free program, I'm telling you, was not easy to skate,” he said, adding he thinks Virtue and Moir have a great future ahead if they continue skating.

“You have to really have some guts to win with no mistakes at the Olympics. We've all seen many people don't have that strong mind. I think they're amazing. They've got amazing abilities and great style.”
    Tapper one of my favs interviews is the one they did at Finlandia 2011, but I can't remember if it was put on YT cuz I can't find it. They were outside and the sun was making Tessa squint and Scott made a joke about it. There's this one because it's so hilarious. There FD fluff for Funny Face. This one because of Scott's "intense!" This one because Tessa can't stop laughing. This one because...I don't really know. This one because they're just so cute. This one just because. Ok I'll stop now and leave some for others lol.

vCash
    Did anyone hear anything on the CBC radio today? Apparently someone there saw a photo of Tessa & Scott published in the Globe & Mail and said something along the lines of "it's an unwritten rule that you don't publish those sort of photos". Did anyone see/have access to the Globe & Mail this weekend and see what photo those morons at CBC radio might be referring to as something that shouldn't be published.

Seriously? A radio station that is heard country wide and there's a photo of V/M that shouldn't have been published. I shudder to think what they would have done to have seen the entire dance.

Oh yeah, hubby was the one who heard such nonsense this evening on the 5PM news -- as in 5 PM here in Ontario (whatever stupid time we are on now -- gah! I hate time switching).

ETA: OK, apparently it was a photo of Kaetlyn. Let's see, here's the link
    Last edited by professordeb; 03-19-2013 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Hubby remembered wrong ;-)
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    It must have been a photo from the free dance, perhaps the beginning or something.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Thanks for posting that Shay! I love how so many legends of ice dance are full of praise for V/M. Somewhere, I have a clip of Christopher Dean talking about them in glowing terms. I'll have to hunt it down.

vCash
    Huh? What's wrong with that photo of Kaetlyn?

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast