Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    And honestly - i think every girl envil Tessa. Who didnt want to have a man, who will fight for you so much?

O, just realize, i think it was Charlie Moir wife with Danny daughter. Did they show Moirs on CBC?
    Yea that looks like Charlie's wife, they have a baby girl too. CBC did show them, but it was the same shot of the pic you posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    Scott says ( I believe) " let's do this, you and me. Let's not leave it on the table." Now the next thing is either " we're gonna go out there and reach the surface" or " we're going to go out their and destroy it." then “just you and me, eh? Here we go". Prior to that, Scott says " the only way we can do this is by taking it slow" . the Tessa says " just take our time".

As their getting ready to skate, Tessa says“were going to take our time?" Winks then they begin. I also see their mouths moving more than usual, probably because I've seen the FD so much!!! Especially before the combo lift with Tessa doing the shoulder stand.
    This just melted my heart because you could see how much Tessa was relying on him. When he was talking to her at the beginning, you could just see how she was taking in everything he was saying. And the fact that she asks him "we're going to take our time?" and he just keeps reassuring her, just gets me.

vCash
    Yea that looks like Charlie's wife, they have a baby girl too. CBC did show them, but it was the same shot of the pic you posted.
    Thank you! Thats why i saked - this was one o two girls at arena
    And on this photo i didnt see Danny wife - Tessa

vCash
    They dont have to go to WTT as CSOI is only on after the 18th on April.
    Best for W&P to go.
    They can choreo their next years programs in privacy during that time.

We didnt get to see any of the Moirs but the people behind us went to Shoeless Joe's owned by Scotts uncle and said he was there at lunch time the day after the short dance. He was very friendly and came and chatted with them.
    We did have a few star sightings - Mao who let me take a lovely pic of her. Yuka Sato one gorgeous female and on the last day the Shibs at brunch again took a pic with them.

I shall have to see all the boards in the next few days. I couldnt get Wifi in my hotel for some reason and the rink time was so busy no time to go on too much.
    Last edited by Emdee; 03-18-2013 at 08:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    well what else can you expect from d/w ubers
    they call us crazy but at least we don't gang up on one person and constantly harass them
    it think we just appear crazier than them because they are more of us
    I thought I was being singled out as I got a rude private message from someone who I can only assume is a DWuber - I can't imagine why I got this message, I haven't even been a member of fsu for very long. Apart from it being cowardly and immature, is this acceptable behavior to DW fans? They should know that some of them are representing themselves in this way.

vCash
    Glad you had good time, Miriam!
    Did you wear yellow t-shirt?
    I think i saw part o your g=banner on TV.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    I thought I was being singled out as I got a rude private message from someone who I can only assume is a DWuber - I can't imagine why I got this message, I haven't even been a member of fsu for very long. Apart from it being cowardly and immature, is this acceptable behavior to DW fans? They should know that some of them are representing themselves in this way.
    You're very kind. I would call out the person publicly. If they have the nerve to send people PMs like that, then they can take it out in the open.

Is there a commentator-free video of the FD anywhere?

Miriam I'm sure you wanted them to win, but I'm so glad you had an amazing time.

vCash
    Glad you had good time, Miriam!
    Did you wear yellow t-shirt?
    I think i saw part o your g=banner on TV.
    Oh yes we did wear the shirts. I have a pic beside my banner with the shirt and will send to you when I have a moment. We also had a large yellow placard which we held up.

I dont know if you remember but I made two banners one without words - after the free we rolled it up and put it on the ice for them. I brought the other one home and hope to go to Canadians next year and take it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Oh yes we did wear the shirts. I have a pic beside my banner with the shirt and will send to you when I have a moment. We also had a large yellow placard which we held up.
    Cool!
    Now i want to see Virtuies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    You're very kind. I would call out the person publicly. If they have the nerve to send people PMs like that, then they can take it out in the open.

Is there a commentator-free video of the FD anywhere?

Miriam I'm sure you wanted them to win, but I'm so glad you had an amazing time.
    I was so dejected after the short dance just watched the rest in a blur. DD said I should have a drink that night. But I am not a big drinker so .... she drank for me! Once the free came I just wanted them to at least win that portion so bad but as we all know the judges were making a statement against Carmen for whatever stupid reason. Dont swear at all but came close that day!

Anyway their ex was amazing and I will be seeing them on CSOI next month so looking forward to that.

vCash
    I wouldn't say V-M have no chance next year. The pressure is on D-W now. And I don't know about you, but doesn't it feel as if everything people talked about this season was either Carmen is terrible or Carmen is amazing? It was never, oh god, what an extraordinary program Notre Dame is. In fact, I daresay it is not a favorite among many DW fans. That must not sit well with you, the fact that people keep taking about your main rival even when you win. Even after the gala, most commentators around the world--and I can attest to this because I watched four different broadcasts and asked a friend to translate another couple for me--seemed to have been mesmerized by their Hallelujah. This positive vibe matters. I heard Leonova and Zhulin had great things to say about them. Scott himself, the way he basically said that the judges did not embrace Carmen the way they would've expected. These little details matter in the long run. It will not be easy for D-W either.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I wouldn't say V-M have no chance next year. The pressure is on D-W now. And I don't know about you, but doesn't it feel as if everything people talked about this season was either Carmen is terrible or Carmen is amazing? It was never, oh god, what an extraordinary program Notre Dame is. In fact, I daresay it is not a favorite among many DW fans. That must not sit well with you, the fact that people keep taking about your main rival even when you win. Even after the gala, most commentators around the world--and I can attest to this because I watched four different broadcasts and asked a friend to translate another couple for me--seemed to have been mesmerized by their Hallelujah. This positive vibe matters. I heard Leonova and Zhulin had great things to say about them. Scott himself, the way he basically said that the judges did not embrace Carmen the way they would've expected. These little details matter in the long run. It will not be easy for D-W either.
    exactly!, v/m should skip wtt and take the time to improve on their training and manage their injury

vCash
    Hi Golightly, can you please tell me the commentary your friend translated for you? Also I know you understand Italian, what did they say?

Joanne, .
    Last edited by Shayii; 03-18-2013 at 08:36 PM.

vCash
    My friend speaks Russian, I believe Pani already commented on this. They were very complimentary. The Spanish commentators were blown away, they were going crazy about Tessa's positions. The Italians were relieved when they had no trouble with the twizzles and when it was over they laughed, but more in disbelief, as if wondering how skating like that was even possible. I've yet to see what the British had to say.

vCash
    Another thing, the Italians were very impressed with their talk before the dance. The guy mentioned that a connection like that is not something you create. The lady was trying to guess what they were saying and that it must be something like: "Placement doesn't matter. Who cares if we are second? Look how everyone supports us". They didn't talk much, except during the twizzles, when she said that they were perfect this time. And of course, I already mentioned what they said afterwards. Even during the replays, they were more in awe.

Speaking of which, the replay of the first lift. My goodness, the positions she hits when mid-air. I never saw a good replay of that lift until Worlds and wow, it's other-worldly.

vCash
    Another thing, the Italians were very impressed with their talk before the dance. The guy mentioned that a connection like that is not something you create. The lady was trying to guess what they were saying and that it must be something like: "Placement doesn't matter. Who cares if we are second? Look how everyone supports us". They didn't talk much, except during the twizzles, when she said that they were perfect this time. And of course, I already mentioned what they said afterwards. Even during the replays, they were more in awe.

Speaking of which, the replay of the first lift. My goodness, the positions she hits when mid-air. I never saw a good replay of that lift until Worlds and wow, it's other-worldly.
    Thank you! But what did they think about FD results?

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    I've been thinking a lot today about Klimova and Ponomarenko today. K/P were known for their romantic sort of style, and in 1991, they did Lawrence of Arabia. It was avant garde. It wasn't well-received by the judges, despite being a harder program than their competitors. There were some who felt that the Duchesnays should have won worlds in 1990 instead of K/P. They were with a coach, Natalia Dubova, who had seemed to start preferring another one of her teams--K/P's training mates at the time, U/Z. (Is this starting to sound familiar to anyone?) 4 (!) months before Albertville in 1992, K/P left Dubova for Tarasova because they felt they weren't getting the attention they deserved. If I'm not mistaken, the Duchesnays were the favorites for Albertville. There was no GP series back then and they didn't do any competitions that fall, but they came back to win Euros, Olympics, and Worlds and there was no question that they deserved every single one of those wins.

And I don't know about you, but doesn't it feel as if everything people talked about this season was either Carmen is terrible or Carmen is amazing? It was never, oh god, what an extraordinary program Notre Dame is. In fact, I daresay it is not a favorite among many DW fans. That must not sit well with you, the fact that people keep taking about your main rival even when you win.
    You make a very good point their, Golightly. People seem to have developed amnesia in regards to the beginning of the season, but remember how they programs debuted? Everyone was talking about how brilliant Carmen was, what a fantastic program. The exact opposite was true of Notre Dame. Many of the D/W fans didn't even care for it. But, throw a few bells in (literally), overmark the program, undermark V/M, and just like that, the whole narrative changed even though nothing had actually changed when it came to what was actually happening on ice and the relative quality of what the two teams were putting out--what V/M were doing was still better. It sort of reminds me of when programs started debuting in 09/10 and how the narrative went from there due to politics and hijinx in scoring. Amnesia set in then as it did this season. At the end of the day, D/W did basically the same program for the 5th year in a row. V/M put down one of the most complex, if not the most complex, FD that anyone as ever attempted. Carmen is the program that people are going to remember, and in time, Carmen is going to be the program that everyone is going to think should have rightfully won when people are looking back at this season and saying WTH in regards to the scoring.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    OMG, that first lift was incredible. Even after being awed by it all season, my jaw dropped when watching the worlds performance. Just so effortless, gorgeous, stunning, and difficult--even though they did a fantastic job making it look easy like they did with the rest of the program.

vCash
    Not sure if this has been posted but here is the British ESP version of SD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uusciqZZzb8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    Scott says ( I believe) " let's do this, you and me. Let's not leave it on the table." Now the next thing is either " we're gonna go out there and reach the surface" or " we're going to go out their and destroy it." then “just you and me, eh? Here we go". Prior to that, Scott says " the only way we can do this is by taking it slow" . the Tessa says " just take our time".

As their getting ready to skate, Tessa says“were going to take our time?" Winks then they begin. I also see their mouths moving more than usual, probably because I've seen the FD so much!!! Especially before the combo lift with Tessa doing the shoulder stand.
    half way through he looks to say "we deserve this"

vCash
    Thank you! But what did they think about FD results?
    No one complained much, really. I did hear some complaints from the Italians after the short dance, they agreed that it was too much a margin. They do certainly prefer the more artistic team, that much they said. But no one is going to say that they should've won, not on the air. It's more about what they don't say about the winner, though. But, no, no complaints at all, which is understandable.

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast