vCash
    Florent looks surprisingly serious LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Florent looks surprisingly serious LOL.
    He's taking the role of standing next to tessa very seriously ;P

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    I love V/M's OD from the 08-09 season (mostly because I lovedthe music) I find that its their most underrated OD
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    It was also one the most rough routines they have put out there because they lacked the training but I agree, I actually liked the music and choreography (and Tessa's costume) from that OD.
    I loved both the OD and FD from the 08/09 season. The OD dress was beautiful.

I'm not sure if the 08/09 OD was underrated as much as it was underexposed. I've always thought it was a shame that both the OD and the Pink Floyd FD were used in one of those unfortunate seasons for Tessa and Scott in which they were not able to skate for that entire season. Just like the 10/11 season those programs are among Tessa and Scott's best work. Sometimes I still wonder "what if?" in regards to how different things could have been for V&M if they had been able to train full out and both sets of programs were allowed to be developed for a full season.

Interesting comments about what V&M need to do next season and I find it unfortunate that most of what they need to do has absolutely zero to do with anything on the ice, practice or competition. I realize that in icedance there has always been an element of off ice factors but never like this quad. At least in the past the dancers could control their own destiny to a point with the right programs but for Tessa and Scott, they basically have to start campaigning as if they are running for public office rather than competing in an icedancing competition.

Igor would be a great idea when it comes to V&M repackaging themselves and showing that they are working on the technical aspect of their skating even if they really don't need to but (sigh) come hell or high water Tessa and Scott want to keep Marina as their coach. I realize that there was always that probability but given that Marina seems so non-commital when it comes to them that already puts them at a disadvantage. So when the new season begins will Marina say how good V&M are again only to once again change her tune if the marks don't bear up?

As for SOI interferring with their training, how long does it last? Since V&M have already done the SD (not sure whether the FD is done as well) they should be able to resume training as soon as CSOI ends. Even if we figure in a short break for V&M, they still should be back to practicing by June? At the moment, I don't see them falling behind.

vCash
    Sometimes I swear V/M take the hardest and least travelled road in trying to get to where they want.

If they want to be known for pushing the sport and leaving an even bigger legacy, then I fear they will NOT become two time Olympic Champions.

OTOH, if they decide that winning is what they want next season, they will likely have to
    1) give up being massively creative,
    2) stop doing difficult moves
    3) recycle lifts/twizzles that they already know how to do and which will give them level 4 and high GOE
    4) get the media buzz going about them early -- especially how much they love the Finnstep and the connection they have with their Russian fans
    5) have programs and choreography that the judges seemingly want out of them.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Sometimes I swear V/M take the hardest and least travelled road in trying to get to where they want.

If they want to be known for pushing the sport and leaving an even bigger legacy, then I fear they will NOT become two time Olympic Champions.

OTOH, if they decide that winning is what they want next season, they will likely have to
    3) recycle lifts/twizzles that they already know how to do and which will give them level 4 and high GOE
    4) get the media buzz going about them early -- especially how much they love the Finnstep and the connection they have with their Russian fans
    Isnt thisfunny - they were asked to do somthing like Carmen and lost there title. Now judges decide they want to see Mahler again. But will this help?
    I am sure they need very strong SD. Strong i mean bombastic music, a lot off hopes and jumps.
    Did you saw beg audience reation at arenas on D-W SD? I didnt. I saw people was more impressed with there generick FD. So thats what ISU did with ice dance. Sad
    And at WTT W-P lost 4 points to C-B. Will see, what will happened tomorrow, but this mean for me is T-S want to get gold at Team events in Sochi, they need to do both programs
    And Patrick could not srep on ice and will win. I love his staing style and skating skills, love Buttle choroe, but 6 poinys behind all others with 2 falls, really?

vCash
    I am big Patrick fan so will take any win I can get.
    I think the reason is he usually tends to fully rotate his jumps so he gets the minus marks for the fall but full marks for the rest. Others tend to underrotate.
    I agree that C&B are really moving forward well when it comes to marks. I am glad that W&P at least retained their top 5 ranking. They will have to wait for the next quadrennial and fight it out with B&S and C&B. Hopefully there will be some good skating.

vCash
    God help us if Chock and Bates are the future of ice dance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Thats was my thought too And this could happened.
    I think they have great SD this season, but for me they look like pair skaters.
    And W-P look more like ice dancers.
    And i know, Patrick have a lot off fans and i respect his skating skills, like i said before. But i disagree with his marks (when he had so many mistakes). Sorry.

vCash
    Ditto.

vCash
    Yes, I am quite worried too. Not that I really dislike them, but let's say that there are quite a few ice dancers whom I like better. Still, I am not extremely surprised - after Worlds I had suspicions that we will have to count them in with the teams that will be fighting for bronze in Sochi and for other medals later. I just didn't think that they will move forward already at this WTT.

vCash
    Regarding the WTT, I think part of the reason W/P are behind C/B has more to do with the difference in levels. (off to check protocols)

Yeah, it was the levels and the one point deduction. I figure W/P lost about somewhere between 3 and 4 point in TES in addition to the 1 point deduction. Level 3 on both Yankee Polka (they were hitting a 4 & 3 earlier in the season, got level 4 on both at Worlds), level 3 on STw, and a level 2 on NtMiSt. Their PCS in the SD here at WTT was a bit better than C/B -- 33.21 to 32.19

Pre injury, they got 65.79 at Skate America and 65.61 at CoC for the SD; post injury they got 67.54 at Worlds.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post

You forgot to mention that Tessa should say she has family in Russia

vCash
    She could to marry Russian guy before OG 2014.
    But Meryl will made announcment soon how she spend a lot off time in Russia with Fedor and his relatives and they will move to Russia after OG
    Cant understand, how Marina could thinking this is healthy situation in her Academy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    She could to marry Russian guy before OG 2014.
    But Meryl will made announcment soon how she spend a lot off time in Russia with Fedor and his relatives and they will move to Russia after OG
    Cant understand, how Marina could thinking this is healthy situation in her Academy
    No one knows what is going on in Canton, this is nothing but fan speculation and it's deliberately malicious.

For all we know, the atmosphere in Canton is very healthy and conducive to creating great ice-dancing.

Just because Marina isn't saying some specific words fans wish to hear doesn't mean anything.

We don't know what the real situation is, but we can see that both Virtue-Moir and Davis-White like it there and want to stay. We're going to have to take their word for it that it's a good place for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maggylyn View Post
    No one knows what is going on in Canton, this is nothing but fan speculation and it's deliberately malicious.
    Speculations is the only truths

vCash
    has anyone thought of a new thread title? we're almost 1000 posts now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    has anyone thought of a new thread title? we're almost 1000 posts now
    We're going drain that cup dry (с) or Our Carmen stays undefeated (c)
    Last edited by m_chenning; 04-12-2013 at 05:16 AM.

vCash
    something in the way you move makes me feel like i can't live without you

lyrics from "stay" ... but too long for a thread title, i think

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    something in the way you move makes me feel like i can't live without you

lyrics from "stay" ... but too long for a thread title, i think
    How about simply, "I Want you to Stay." That's also lyrics from the song and also because selfishly I want them to stay even after the Olympic season.
    (I have no idea if that would make a good title, I'm not good at things like that lol).
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Move me

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast