Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    So does that mean Généreux is working with them for the SD? Is he choreographing a foxtrot for them? http://youtu.be/hbRNYxTLEVk or a jive? http://youtu.be/IQbEaNFRwVE

I hope they do Rhianna only for SOI I want them to do something happy for the Olympics
    It has to be foxtrot because they can't do jive with the finnstep. Also can I hope Tessa will have a dress like the purple one Anya is wearing.

I'm excited because I feel it'll be an amazing EX to Stay, but I had hoped for something…different.

Any bets on who wrote the blog? I put all my money on Tessa lol.

Oh my goodness, it all just came back to me. Jean-Marc Généreux has done numerous choreography on SYTCD U.S. version. Most of his programs tend to be hit or miss with me, but he did choreograph one of my favorite routine till today in honor of his daughter, a Viennese Waltz.
    Last edited by Shayii; 04-09-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Genereux has had a successful career as a ballroom dancer and is one of Canada's most successful of all time. Him and his wife have have known each other since elementary school and have mostly only danced together and won all their titles together (Wikipedia him and a list of his titles is there). His choreography is different (not always my favorite) from what I've seen on SYTYCD and in my opinion he almost resembles a ballroom version of swan in terms of his different way of approaching choreography. He is a very dynamic and interesting teacher so that should fare well with scott who is surrounded by the females all the time

vCash
    I only ever watched SYTYC season 2 of Canada solely because of Eman, so only knew Genereux strictly as a judge. I didn't know he choereographed routines in the US show. I liked the modern twist to the foxtrot. I have to be admit that while I like the Finnstep CD, I find the theme of foxtrot charleston, etc. dull as dirt (except for Samuelson & Bates, I didn't like any of the ODs back in the 08/09 season). But this choice of choreographer gives me hope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I only ever watched SYTYC season 2 of Canada solely because of Eman, so only knew Genereux strictly as a judge. I didn't know he choereographed routines in the US show. I liked the modern twist to the foxtrot. I have to be admit that while I like the Finnstep CD, I find the theme of foxtrot charleston, etc. dull as dirt (except for Samuelson & Bates, I didn't like any of the ODs back in the 08/09 season). But this choice of choreographer gives me hope.
    I love V/M's OD from the 08-09 season (mostly because I lovedthe music) I find that its their most underrated OD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    I love V/M's OD from the 08-09 season (mostly because I lovedthe music) I find that its their most underrated OD
    It was also one the most rough routines they have put out there because they lacked the training but I agree, I actually liked the music and choreography (and Tessa's costume) from that OD.

vCash
    I LOVE the song Stay and have actually picture the two skating to it while singing it The lyrics work for them and this is going to be a great number, I'm excited to see it. It will contrast nicely with Carmen as well. My favourite exhibitions from them are the one likes I Wanna Hold Your Hand and Hallelujah so I'll love Stay. They can do the fun and perky in group numbers and SD's

I also LOVE the cast they will be working with on tour. Lots of close friends. I think it's going to be the perfect environment for them, a great boost to their spirits to refresh them for the upcoming season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I find next seasons SD theme perfect for teams like V&M. They are made for foxtrots and quicksteps

vCash
    I am in heaven right now. On Ice to see Carmen ... yeah!
    Also really pleased with Genereaux being used. Its good they understand that there is no point in another generic marina program.

I just have to go to nationals now.
    Last edited by Emdee; 04-09-2013 at 04:16 PM.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Really happy to log on this morning to find some news about V&M (but admittedly, a bit disappointed that it looks like they are firmly forging ahead with Marina).

Carmen as an exhibition will be great!

I don't know that Rihanna song but I was sort of puzzled about it... using Swan on a Rihanna program seems like a waste but I'm glad to see Swan doing an exhibition for them so we can see her true vision without having to revise elements for the judges. The lyrics look very so it might be really good.

I'm thrilled about JMG doing, presumably, the SD. I also loved the VW he did for his daughter. One of my favorite moments was him explaining to someone that the jive is supposed to look like you're kicking dog poop off your shoe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Also really pleased with Genereaux being used. Its good they understand that there is no point in another generic marina program.

Ijust have to go to nationals now.
    Make that two of us. Anyone else wish to join that bandwagon?
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Ottawa, right? I'm thinking about it... :-)

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I was already planning on going, so count me in as well.

vCash
    We should have a get together then. I will be at the Comfort Inn. Hoping to get DH to drive me there and back.

vCash
    We should have a get together then. I will be at the Comfort Inn. Hoping to get DH to drive me there and back.
    I am thinking about going to. I would love to meet you all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    they're taking carmen on tour and jennifer swan and marina choreographed their other number for stars on ice
    Rihanna’s Stay featuring Mikky Ekko

http://starsonice.com/?content=blog&id=5011
    Thank you for news! Its great they love "Carmen" so much an they was let to skate it in CSOI.
    And "Stay" will be good addition to "Carmen".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    jean marc genereux, a so you think you can dance canada judge and choreographer, is choreographing for them

What a great day! Creating choreo for #2010olympicchamps Scott and Tessa #theroadforsochi2014
    @JMGenereux très talentueux!!!! Scott et Tessa,sont sérieux et déterminés! ....et ça #JACHETE
    a photo with his son: https://twitter.com/JMGenereux/statu...480257/photo/1
    They look great! He is traditional ballroom dancer?
    And did T-S start working on PR?

vCash
    Rihanna "Stay". OMG, so perfect.

Imagine, if they'll skate "Stay" in the Olympics, they'll end their carrier with words "I want you to stay." Excellent.

vCash

I just have to go to nationals now.
    I'm seriously considering going to nationals too.

vCash
    I just listened to Stay and I think we're going to see some interesting choreography (I actually changed my mind and I'm very happy that they're doing it now). So Tess and Scott are building their programs right now and then they have the five week tour with SOI in-between. I wonder if they'll find time to work/practice their new programs during SOI; the SOI schedule seems hectic though.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I just listened to Stay and I think we're going to see some interesting choreography (I actually changed my mind and I'm very happy that they're doing it now). So Tess and Scott are building their programs right now and then they have the five week tour with SOI in-between. I wonder if they'll find time to work/practice their new programs during SOI; the SOI schedule seems hectic though.
    I dont think they will have time for practice competitive programs during CSOI. And they need to pratice group numbers. Maybe they could use some new elements. But i am not sure.
    So they did FD choroe already and now working on SD? How do you think?
    And look, like D-W even will not made shows and workin with Marina.

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast