Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

vCash
    Tessa & Scott’s First Annual Golf Classic June 9, 2013

http://www.ildertonskating.on.ca/res...chureFinal.pdf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Although by proving that Meryl is not as good as Tessa in lifts you have also proved how good Charlie is - after all, he is the one who gets most of the work done in lifts, since Meryl is not helping him very well .
    Well, duh, of course he is. I have always said that.

vCash
    Since WTT is coming up, anybody want to guess team captains? I personally want kaitlyn weaver for Team Canada although chan will probably get it...I used to do gymnastics so i'm crazy about team events

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    Since WTT is coming up, anybody want to guess team captains? I personally want kaitlyn weaver for Team Canada although chan will probably get it...I used to do gymnastics so i'm crazy about team events
    Oh, I think Kaitlyn would be fab as a captain. She comes across as someone who loves to have fun and isn't afraid to let her enthusiasm show. I would agree that in all likelihood it will be Chan but since he did hang out with Kaitlyn and Andrew, maybe we could get lucky and she'll help him captain the team. ;-)
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Tessa & Scott’s First Annual Golf Classic June 9, 2013

Thanks pani. At first I wasn't sure who the proceeds go to, but I saw it in bottom left corner. And holy moly at the prices!! I hope it's successful. I also saw the video binker posted FF on Ilderton website; it's so amazing how they're supported there. And the little girl that said she hoped Tessa could get well soon after what happened at 4CC was sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    I think it's going to be Kaitlyn or Andrew because they're into things like that. But it might be Patrick too.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    How cute it is that Tessa and Scott are starting their own annual Golf classic? Pretty adorable!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by teaspoon View Post
    Swan's story matches Marina's:

(From here.)

She did help them remake the program, but they asked for her help in May and what V/M + Marina created from May to July was always just a working draft.
    Was going to comment on this earlier, but forgot. I thought it was a different concept that got scrapped altogether. That's the impression I got from the interview Tessa and Scott did in CoR anyways.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Was going to comment on this earlier, but forgot. I thought it was a different concept that got scrapped altogether. That's the impression I got from the interview Tessa and Scott did in CoR anyways.
    Yes, In Moscow they said they did FD in Ma and then change everything in August.

vCash
    So supposedly Team Canton is working out their new programs before they go for their vacations... Is that after SOI or is that right now? I still remember last year we were all discussing and pitching ideas for their music selection, none of us thought of Carmen and it probably turned out waaaaaaay better and waaaaay more exciting than most of us had envisioned for them with our music choices.

I'm getting excited just thinking about what they will come up with as their grand finale of an illustrious, pioneering career!

vCash
    thanks , Pani. Was so glad to hear they are doing an annual golf classic for very selfish reasons. It tells me there is going to be an ongoing business relationship that , hopefully, includes them skating together for several more years with the possibility of us seeing them in a professional career.
    Quote Originally Posted by pani;38950y59
    Tessa & Scott’s First Annual Golf Classic June 9, 20

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    So supposedly Team Canton is working out their new programs before they go for their vacations... Is that after SOI or is that right now? I still remember last year we were all discussing and pitching ideas for their music selection, none of us thought of Carmen and it probably turned out waaaaaaay better and waaaaay more exciting than most of us had envisioned for them with our music choices.

I'm getting excited just thinking about what they will come up with as their grand finale of an illustrious, pioneering career!
    Well marina has always said that the programs are made before the athletes leave for vacation and soi is in two weeks so they have had 3 to 4 weeks to work on new programs and maybe some exhibition programs. That's usually the time it takes them to choreograph. It's crazy thinking they're already getting ready and we won't know their programs until September!!!

vCash
    I hope V/M choreograph a spin that is different than their Mahler spin but is easy on Tessa's legs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post

I think they already went on vacation. Scott said they were taking the week off after worlds then going back to canton to start programs. Then SOI for five weeks. Last year we were so into giving music suggestions, but I think since we know they already have their music nobody gave any suggestions this time lol.

vCash
    I think they already went on vacation. Scott said they were taking the week off after worlds then going back to canton to start programs. Then SOI for five weeks. Last year we were so into giving music suggestions, but I think since we know they already have their music nobody gave any suggestions this time lol.
    From radio interview i cant understand, when they will take vacations. I mean yes, he said, they took 1 wek agter WCh, but didnt tell when they will have vacations.
    So 1 week untill CSOI? If we will see Scott with tan - they had vacations already If no - maybe will have after CSOI.
    And yes, look, like they have music already. Butwhat you want see in exibitions?

vCash
    From radio interview i cant understand, when they will take vacations. I mean yes, he said, they took 1 wek agter WCh, but didnt tell when they will have vacations.
    So 1 week untill CSOI? If we will see Scott with tan - they had vacations already If no - maybe will have after CSOI.
    And yes, look, like they have music already. Butwhat you want see in exibitions?
    Lol I don't know, but I think that week where Tessa was in Toronto was their vacay because didn't they say they'll have a shorter one this year?

As for ex music that I would be so excited if by some miracle they used: ET Katy Perry (lol of course), Kissing You Des'Ree, Sail Awolnation, You and I Lady Gaga, Sexy Love Ne-Yo, Mirrors JT, This Woman's Work Kate Bush. Ok sorry I got carried away.

vCash
    O, you have a lot off suggestions. I think this will be cool, if you will use something from your wish list.

vCash
    O, you have a lot off suggestions. I think this will be cool, if you will use something from your wish list.
    Lol actually I forgot to add one, Lips of an Angel by Hinder. Ok I'm done for reals now lol. I'm not even sure we'll see a new ex tho, but we'll see soon enough.

vCash
    Lol actually I forgot to add one, Lips of an Angel by Hinder. Ok I'm done for reals now lol. I'm not even sure we'll see a new ex tho, but we'll see soon enough.
    I am sure they will have at least 1 new ex for CSOI.

vCash
    Thanks iggie! I actually don't have much time right now, but I absolutely had to comment on this:

Excuse me for a second while I throw something. Are you kidding?! So judges basically asked them to do this program and they delivered it on a silver platter to them. So what happened, they just all of a sudden decided they didn't want a program like that anymore? When I said last year after Worlds in Nice that the season we just finished would be a bitch and there would be a backlash, I never actually imagined this bad.
    I agree Shayii. This has bugged me ever since I saw this. Since when do they get to dictate what a skater should do? I can understand suggestions to improve but this feels like its going beyond. I keep hearing 'the judges told us to do this' (ie. D/W apparently were told what spin to do?) Why don't they just choreograph the programs from now on. Then in V/M case they follow 'orders' and it's like 'Yay well, I know what we said but...not what we had in mind, oh well just forget it' So basically I'm gathering from all this is anytime a skater tries something new/different the judges don't wanna see it, even if it's good. It's just 'do it this way' rather then trying to encourage them to improve or grow. Screw them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    I agree Shayii. This has bugged me ever since I saw this. Since when do they get to dictate what a skater should do? I can understand suggestions to improve but this feels like its going beyond. I keep hearing 'the judges told us to do this' (ie. D/W apparently were told what spin to do?) Why don't they just choreograph the programs from now on. Then in V/M case they follow 'orders' and it's like 'Yay well, I know what we said but...not what we had in mind, oh well just forget it' So basically I'm gathering from all this is anytime a skater tries something new/different the judges don't wanna see it, even if it's good. It's just 'do it this way' rather then trying to encourage them to improve or grow. Screw them.
    But look at WCh judges asked them to do Mahler? I have impression from Scott words - they will njt made this, even if this is what people in FS community want from them.

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast