Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1012
  1. #781

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,563
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    New interview with Maxim Staviisky. He talk about top teams at WCh, about Denis and Patrick (and he said Den skate great, but didnt win yet). Also about Zhulins teams from Azerbaidjan and Turkey.
    And some quotes about T-S.

    http://www.pipcindom.ru/showthread.php?t=3935&page=20

    Scroll down to Albena and Maxim photos.

    As for gold and silver whose performance do you like more? Zhulin named Tessa and Scott's more artistic team, and Davis and White stronger technically.

    Maxim: I agree. They both now have to keep up with technic after they left Shpilband, because Shpilband gives a very good technical base. I love Tessa and Scott's program, Carmen, so much that I can not even compare them to the Davis and White FD. Although they both ride just in different directions. There are programs which are difficult to compare.

    - Okay, but whom would you put on first place
    Maxim: Still, Scott and Tessa with "Carmen."
    About C-L Carmen.

    Quote:
    they have the same program, so to speak, "Carmen" and "Carmen" - they immediately begin to compare. And in this fight Italians lose
    In addition to a top five, who do you more like?
    Maxim: From the program, there was not a strong impression from someone.I liked Canadian team. We do not look at the place, but looking on trasitions, good elements. But nobody did some crazy program was . spectacular program from Tessa and Scott and I think that Dima and Katya is not quite the standard program performed. And Italians Carmen skated not bad. And Zhiganshina-Gadji brighter look at all this background with his antics.
    There are some good things about italians, some thoughts about I-K.And what he think about Nellie and Alex skating (i must to say, i agree with him, but at WCh they could skate better, then at CoR, when i get this impression).

  2. #782
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,240
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Here we go again with the labeling. For the love of the Universe, DW aren't better technically. I think that's exactly what we've been proving these last weeks! Their technical foundation is not a good foundation. What DW are is more consistent and how can you not be when you skate variations of the same program all the time.

  3. #783

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,563
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Honestly, Staviisky didnt tell D-W better technically. He said for others now its easy to catch up both teams, after they start working without Shpilband
    And he appraciate Carmen so much

  4. #784
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Didnt D-W skate new exibition with V-M moves and in Tessas dress?
    It is true Meryl and family own Canada now. Tessas dress is Meryl dress She ask Canadina tailor to make it small How did D-W get V-M moves? Marina ask them to recycle own moves

    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    How such crazy person, like me, could stay away? :-) Thank you, iggie, one more time for all your job! I have impression nothing good could be tell about VM in FSU police opinion. Its sad VM didn't have wizard hairs, small dogs or they didn't talk on twitter about "go, blue!" and we have nothing to talk about :-( and still discuss VM elements and programs. And of couse, people, who love both teams, didn't see nothing good in VM skating and programs, but just happy the best ever win over and over again.
    As for Zoueva quote. She talk with journalist, who is huge DW uber at.GPF. So even if she want to say something about VM it was dismissed by Vaitscehovskay, who want to post only about how DW are better. Like with other Zoueva interview in CoR, which was made by VM uber, who wish talk only about them and how Carmen is amazing.
    V-M have secrete baby or large dog or cat? It is much shame on D-W ubers who not spend nights and day writing praise of D-W all time on all the internet or writing bad thing about V-M skating and personalites. They not even write in own tread. D-W fans are not good ubers. V-M ubers is the best V-M ubers is so clever they can talk all same greate things in different repeat ways for so many pages and blog. They also can give good insults to D-W at same time. Then blog get discuss here and page get discuss in blog. This make life complete. V-M uber have full dedications and will give own life sacrifices for V-M
    Last edited by iNap; 04-07-2013 at 02:44 PM.

  5. #785
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Well it's good you are one step closer to realizing V&M are the best.

  6. #786
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Well it's good you are one step closer to realizing V&M are the best.
    There is difference between V-M uber and V-M

  7. #787

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,445
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2477
    Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    It is true Meryl and family own Canada now. Tessas dress is Meryl dress She ask Canadina tailor to make it small How did D-W get V-M moves? Marina ask them to recycle own moves



    V-M have secrete baby or large dog or cat? It is much shame on D-W ubers who not spend nights and day writing praise of D-W all time on all the internet or writing bad thing about V-M skating and personalites. They not even write in own tread. D-W fans are not good ubers. V-M ubers is the best V-M ubers is so clever they can talk all same greate things in different repeat ways for so many pages and blog. They also can give good insults to D-W at same time. Then blog get discuss here and page get discuss in blog. This make life complete. V-M uber have full dedications and will give own life sacrifices for V-M
    Pani........you are "somethin' else.
    Addicted to FSU

  8. #788

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,563
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Pani........you are "somethin' else.
    Yes, i have ubers

  9. #789
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    155
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Hey guys here is the live stream for WTT!
    http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesu...ite/index.html

  10. #790
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,224
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Here we go again with the labeling. For the love of the Universe, DW aren't better technically. I think that's exactly what we've been proving these last weeks! Their technical foundation is not a good foundation. What DW are is more consistent and how can you not be when you skate variations of the same program all the time.
    Although by proving that Meryl is not as good as Tessa in lifts you have also proved how good Charlie is - after all, he is the one who gets most of the work done in lifts, since Meryl is not helping him very well .

  11. #791
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,449
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    i finished with the last post in the series analyzing the articles for this season -- marina's comments on carmen at rostelecom cup. for the other posts, you can start here with the introduction

    she gives great insight into how and why carmen was created. interesting, a program like carmen was specially requested by the judges. she won't talk this way again at worlds, so it's a fascinating read.

  12. #792
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,224
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    i finished with the last post in the series analyzing the articles for this season -- marina's comments on carmen at rostelecom cup. for the other posts, you can start here with the introduction

    she gives great insight into how and why carmen was created. interesting, a program like carmen was specially requested by the judges. she won't talk this way again at worlds, so it's a fascinating read.
    Thanks a lot, iggie. I haven't read the rest yet, but what Marina told was very interesting indeed. So she agrees about new and different elements. But, unfortunately, I think it would be near impossible for judges to judge that accordingly, since they can't be expected to remember all the previous dances and elements of all dancers. It's even unlikely that they would have seen all of those dances. Many are thinking just about Tessa/Scott and Meryl/Charlie here, but you have to remember that such rules about old and new elements would have to apply to all ice dancers.

  13. #793
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,673
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5868
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Thanks a lot, iggie. I haven't read the rest yet, but what Marina told was very interesting indeed. So she agrees about new and different elements. But, unfortunately, I think it would be near impossible for judges to judge that accordingly, since they can't be expected to remember all the previous dances and elements of all dancers. It's even unlikely that they would have seen all of those dances. Many are thinking just about Tessa/Scott and Meryl/Charlie here, but you have to remember that such rules about old and new elements would have to apply to all ice dancers.
    You may well be right. That's a very good point. In that case, perhaps the ISU ought to revise the criteria and take out originality from the "choreography" section. It's not fair to include something in the criteria if it cannot be scored or there is no intention to score it. I do think though, in particular with V&M's FD lifts, they are very different from typical ice dance lifts, so it shouldn't have been hard to notice the innovation there. Also, I would expect new elements to help the interpretation score indirectly, because it's more likely that the new elements were designed with that music in mind (certainly it seems to be so in Carmen).
    There is also that positive GOE for twizzles done in the character of the music, which again, does not mandate doing new twizzles, but certainly it seems more likely that new twizzles would be done in character than that a couple designed a set of twizzles that goes with every possible music style.

  14. #794

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,852
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks iggie! I actually don't have much time right now, but I absolutely had to comment on this:
    nadezhda: and your carmen is not traditional, but innovative.
    marina: last year so many judges came to me and spoke with me: "we would like to see tessa and scott do something unusual, something unbelievable … but with theme that we could identify (something well-known)". and there and then i precisely decided that it has to be carmen. who doesn't recognize (could not identify) her? but how could we make it unusual ... we really had to think about it.
    Excuse me for a second while I throw something. Are you kidding?! So judges basically asked them to do this program and they delivered it on a silver platter to them. So what happened, they just all of a sudden decided they didn't want a program like that anymore? When I said last year after Worlds in Nice that the season we just finished would be a bitch and there would be a backlash, I never actually imagined this bad.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

  15. #795

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,563
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Shayii, Marina like to play. Like with D-W lift in FD.

    http://www.examiner.com/article/top-...r-comfort-zone

    In the end, Virtue/Moir's free dance was judged second best behind that of their rivals. But for me, it was the performance that won the night.
    But still take only 11th place. And W-P on 10th place

  16. #796
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    941
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Although by proving that Meryl is not as good as Tessa in lifts you have also proved how good Charlie is - after all, he is the one who gets most of the work done in lifts, since Meryl is not helping him very well .
    Well you do have a point. Charlie is better than Meryl when it comes to edges. His edges are deeper.

  17. #797

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,852
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Shayii, Marina like to play. Like with D-W lift in FD.

    http://www.examiner.com/article/top-...r-comfort-zone


    But still take only 11th place. And W-P on 10th place
    Do you think she's not being truthful? I mean there are some things in the article I would take with a grain of salt because I'm pretty sure Tessa and Scott themselves said that the team had to bring in Jennifer Swan after scrapping the first version of Carmen. But the part about the judges asking for a program like Carmen I don't have a hard believing actually.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

  18. #798

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,563
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Do you think she's not being truthful? I mean there are some things in the article I would take with a grain of salt because I'm pretty sure Tessa and Scott themselves said that the team had to bring in Jennifer Swan after scrapping the first version of Carmen. But the part about the judges asking for a program like Carmen I don't have a hard believing actually.
    I think she could say anything. Will wait hat she will say next season.

  19. #799
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Do you think she's not being truthful? I mean there are some things in the article I would take with a grain of salt because I'm pretty sure Tessa and Scott themselves said that the team had to bring in Jennifer Swan after scrapping the first version of Carmen. But the part about the judges asking for a program like Carmen I don't have a hard believing actually.
    Swan's story matches Marina's:

    Circumstances finally permitted a reunion last year, with Swan tapped in May to assist with the couple’s 2012-13 programs. After spending the early part of summer in her work with the Centre for Opera Studies in Italy, she joined the team in July, reworking the free dance that had been assembled so far.
    (From here.)

    She did help them remake the program, but they asked for her help in May and what V/M + Marina created from May to July was always just a working draft.

  20. #800
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I do know for certain that some judges had similar feelings as some fans when V&M debuted Funny Face last season. There was frustration, they wanted them to do something out of the box, out of their niche. I think Carmen clearly answered that. But there were probably other judges who like the classic V&M. It's obvious from the marks that not all the judges placed ND above Carmen. So they gave some what they wanted at the risk of scaring the ones who like comfort zones.

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •