Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    I forgot to say how great is the thread title! I first heard the mighty roar at practice, the morning of the FD, but since other couples kept getting in their way, and Scott kept screaming at them, I didn't even imagine it was part of the "scenario".
    I agree I found it so annoying that everyone was in their way. Especially during their rotational lift it got a little crazy. Marina was yelling but Scott and Tessa kept going. During their warmup before competition Scott and Tess just went and did their thing and yelled for people getting in their way. I like the roar because it probably released some tension in them.

vCash
    ROAAAAARRRRRR!!!! :

Thank you guys!! Best thread title evar!!

vCash
    OK, I'm a SciFi nerd so here's what I wish I could do for Tessa.

I love Star Trek and in one episode, Spock did a mind meld with the others in the landing party so that they would all believe with a certainty that the bullets were NOT real. If you had any doubt, and one hit you, you would become injured or even die. So, since Spock was able to use his logic and ensure he would be fine. However, we humans aren't built that way so Spock melded with the others and they all lived "happily ever after". OK, so that's the background.

First, I would take all the positive thoughts/hopes/prayers/confidence etc etc etc from the V/M fans into me. Then I would perform a mind meld with Tessa to put all that good stuff into her mind so that she would have absolutely NO doubt that SHE is the best female ice dance of our time. She would know, beyond all certainty, that she can out skate, out perform all others and that she has the best partner in Scott. That way, when Scott tells her such, she'll be able to agree with him and KNOW he's right.

OK, back to reality and what IS it with people who think they have the right to continually try and bash into those two? Trying to psyche them out? Won't work with Scott as I'm thinking it only makes him more fierce.
    Crazy about sports!

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    At this point, with their rivals having the momentum and the advantage, I admit I'm not too optimistic about T&S's chances next season. They would need the undivided attention of their coach and full support from Skate Canada. They're not going to get either, probably.We might as well enjoy their last competitive season and cherish them for the fabulous ice dancers that they are.
    This makes me so very sad. This season should have set V/M up for next year, not permanently put them behind. They are a once-in-a-lifetime sort of team and should be rewarded as such. I'm sure that someday, people will look back and say WTH, but V/M deserve to be recognized and properly rewarded for their abilities.

I'd just hoped they'd get a fair chance next year. Even though S/S didn't have a great season and were 2nd at worlds this year, they are still co-favorites for gold next year. No one thinks that Yuna and Patrick are untouchable. It seems like it's just V/M who are screwed.

I know this is petty, but if that's the way things are going to be next season, I don't think I want to watch.

vCash
    For me its interesting, what they want to show next season Hope something they will enjoy.
    Have you, guys, ideas fro Finnstep?
    I think Anisina was in similar situation in 2001. And Belbin in 2009. So i hope, T-S will not focusing on the past, but will enjoy the future. I think medals isnt everything in life and they had all medals already.
    I more interetsing in art now.
    Ioana, was both juniur Moirs girls at arena or only one?

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Have you, guys, ideas fro Finnstep?
    I want to see them doing a drop dead gorgeous foxtrot. I believe the allowed rhythms are quickstep, foxtrot, charleston. The one they did in 2005 was so pure - in fact it was one of my fave foxtrots even though they were juniors. Imagine what they could do now. Their charleston in 2009 was lovely too; I loved how they carried the character of the ice even through the twizzles and lifts.

My ideal thing would be for them to tell a story in the SD, sort of in the vein of Up! In Up! they are able to tell the story with no props except a rag and Scott's glasses. Even without lyrics, the story is so clear. I think the Russian fans like that kind of thing, at least from what I have seen of Averbukh's show. They do a lot of little vignettes about different love stories, especially with a retro twist.

However, it seems the ISU doesn't like that so much in the SD, so it's probably best to emphasize their speed by doing quickstep, foxtrot, and ending on either charleston or quickstep. Classical ballroom, classic fast-slow-fast figure skating. I love pure ballroom too, so that wouldn't be disappointing at all.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    My friend and I are having a text argument over the results from Worlds and I'm trying to make her see what I'm seeing, but I just feel exasperated. Not sure how to explain to her so I'm asking for a bit of help. Here's what she said (I have her permission btw):
    It's always good to bring a new fan into the fold.

I think she's pretty clear that it is her opinion, she's acknowledging she does not know which team is better in a figure skating sense, so that's cool. I think, if anything, it would be good for you to point out that V&M are equally athletic to D&W - that just because what they do doesn't look as hard, doesn't mean it isn't. She might still prefer D&W and that is fine, but at least it would give her a better understanding.

I would point out that in ice dance, the technical elements are basically the athletic part, and they are measured by levels of difficulty. In the FD, D&W and V&M had the exact same base value, so their programs were judged to be equally difficult. I would also point out that V&M's lifts were all new, and it requires a great athleticism to do that because the old lift positions are already in their muscle memory. The lifts are also extremely dangerous and lifts with the jumping action, twisting action, and high center of gravity they do are very rare. In fact, some people suggested they might be illegal (you might wanna show her the goose lift with the jump exit, illegal for ice dance).

I liked this article, too http://espn.go.com/olympics/figuresk...itle-ice-dance
    Errors in their short dance left them trailing by 3.25 points, a sizeable gap by ice dance standards. But they weren't going to give up their title without a fight, especially not in front of all their fans.

Their "Carmen" was steamy and colorful, so much so you could practically see the blood pouring from her by the end of the program. They were always in time with the music and, as it grew, so did their movements.

The last 40 seconds of their program was downright frenetic, highlighted by their final lift sequence. Gymnasts would have been impressed with the backflip she did into his arms before he boosted her onto his shoulders and then spun her around.

Without even a second to catch their breaths, they immediately went into another lift, where she appeared to die in his arms.

"These are performances to build off of," Moir said. "We're looking forward to a big year next year and coming out on top."

vCash
    So, did Tessa-Scott said something about WTT in interview for CBC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    So, did Tessa-Scott said something about WTT in interview for CBC?
    I think it's safe to say they're not going. Scott said the next plans are to get some rest and then begin working on the new programs. Probably also an exhibition for SOI, like they did last year. I'm glad they're skipping WTT. They need a break right now.

In answer to your question, only Danny's little girl was in the arena. Everywhere you went, you bumped into one of the Moirs. Carol Moir was always there coordinating the volunteers, Danny too. One morning I stepped into the press center and Scott's father greeted me so wamly, even though I was a perfect stranger, that it put a smile on my face. They are all lovely people.

vCash
    I hope they do part of Carmen in SOI as one of their numbers.
    pug lover

vCash
    I think it's safe to say they're not going. Scott said the next plans are to get some rest and then begin working on the new programs. Probably also an exhibition for SOI, like they did last year. I'm glad they're skipping WTT. They need a break right now.

In answer to your question, only Danny's little girl was in the arena. Everywhere you went, you bumped into one of the Moirs. Carol Moir was always there coordinating the volunteers, Danny too. One morning I stepped into the press center and Scott's father greeted me so wamly, even though I was a perfect stranger, that it put a smile on my face. They are all lovely people.
    Thank you! Its look for me, like americans will not go to WTT too
    I think they need new number for CSOI, right? And yes, they need rest. And need to work very carefull.
    They need to learn group numbers for CSOI, right?
    Moirs
    http://s020.radikal.ru/i706/1303/00/c09701e4f405.jpg

I think in Nice this was another woman with this little girl

vCash
    Thanks everybody that replied to my inquiry. And thanks Ioana for your reports. It made me sad though when reading your post about Tessa and Scott possibly not having a chance next season. If that's the case what's the point if they're just gonna get screwed over? I'm just not comfortable with the situation in Canton. Even Marina looked seriously worried/stressed in the K n C with both V/M and D/W; I did feel bad for her at that time because it looked like she knows she can't truly make them both happy. I'm sure she loves them, but it's impossible to give both teams her absolute best, so I wish she would let T/S go.

Pani I get confused with the babies too. There's always only one with them at a certain time (can't say I blame them babies are a lot of work lol). But Danny is the oldest brother right?

vCash
    She said

“I have (an) idea and very soon, I will (unveil it),” coach and choreographer Marina Zoueva said
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...morable-worlds

vCash
    I'm just copying this over from the P/I thread. Skatingfan04 has posted it there, but it's mostly about V/M and Jennifer Swan. i don't know if it's been posted here before..

http://fantasiaandfugue.blogspot.ca/...-with.html?m=1

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper88 View Post
    rainbowkisses, I transcribed most of the pep talk last thread but I think I missed that part! Did you see what I heard? After multiple viewings mind you

Agreed, they love each other so much (even if not romantically!)
    aww i guessed i missed that post! the thread went by so fast!

anyways i went back and read it and i do hear him say "lets do this". scott pronounces his sibilants very audibly!
    i still cannot find out what he says after he says "we are going to destroy this"

Thanks everybody that replied to my inquiry. And thanks Ioana for your reports. It made me sad though when reading your post about Tessa and Scott possibly not having a chance next season. If that's the case what's the point if they're just gonna get screwed over? I'm just not comfortable with the situation in Canton. Even Marina looked seriously worried/stressed in the K n C with both V/M and D/W; I did feel bad for her at that time because it looked like she knows she can't truly make them both happy. I'm sure she loves them, but it's impossible to give both teams her absolute best, so I wish she would let T/S go.

Pani I get confused with the babies too. There's always only one with them at a certain time (can't say I blame them babies are a lot of work lol). But Danny is the oldest brother right?
    the only way v/m can lose next year is if the usfsa buys d/w the gold medal again but its going to be hard for the usfsa to politik when the russia federation/russians prefers v/m over d/w

and if d/w win again they are not going to be received warmly
    unless meryl also has family in russia
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 03-18-2013 at 05:34 PM.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Shay, I also ask myself what's the point if they're just going to get screwed over. I'm making another infamous analogy to showing cattle. My dad has always talked about how dumb he thought it was of certain people to keep showing some of these cows who have won national/international level shows past their prime. "These people just mess around and they get the cow beat. What's the point. Go out on top." If this is either rigged against V/M or what they do isn't valued, what exactly is the point when V/M have said that their goal is to win everything they enter? Yeah, yeah, I know "push the sport forward" but this is a sport that clearly doesn't want to be pushed forward. They want to go backwards. So, on either aspect, what V/M are doing is sort of pointless, is it not, if neither goal is achieavable.

ITA that Marina can't make both teams happy and since she clearly seems to prefer D/W these days, the best thing to do would be to let V/M go. I think with Igor they could possibly have a shot.
    Last edited by aka_gerbil; 03-18-2013 at 05:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    ITA that Marina can't make both teams happy and since she clearly seems to prefer D/W these days, the best thing to do would be to let V/M go. I think with Igor they could possible have a shot.
    Amen sista! This is what my friend said about training with your rivals:
    Lol it's never good to have the same coach as your rivals, especially if your rival is dating the coach's son
    (I'm the one that told her about the rival dating the coach's son lol). Anyways I just don't see how this can work and next season is just gonna be more crazy and stressful.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Lol it's never good to have the same coach as your rivals, especially if your rival is dating the coach's son
    its such a shame though that meryl always seems to get tessa's sloppy seconds.

btw pani are you planning to go to sochi?

vCash
    You're so bad lol. Has anybody seem any banquet pictures?

Banned Member
    vCash
    You're so bad lol. Has anybody seem any banquet pictures?
    lol i know
    to quote scott, "now you all got me fired up!"
    i wont be surprised if charlie's mom lurks fsu and i wouldnt be me surprised if she harasses my inbox
    its enough that i have d/w ubers clogging my inbox
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 03-18-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast