Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 760 of 1012
  1. #741
    Rooting for the Underdogs
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Politicking for P&B and V&M
    Posts
    1,630
    vCash
    887
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Also, I don't think they have, but have T&D ever commented about V&M? I know a lot of people have compared them to T&D so you would think someone somewhere had asked T&D about it.
    Somewhere, there is a video with Christopher Dean talking in glowing terms about V/M. I'll track it down for you later today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Holy Mother of Dragons, iggie! That was brilliant. So brilliant I got goosebumps remembering my first reaction to the program. Sigh. I relived it with you as if it just happened. Nothing can take that away from us, that initial reaction when we knew, we just knew that what we were seeing was something truly special. I wish I could write and be as eloquent as you are and capture that moment as well as you did on print. Thank you and I can't wait to read the next entry!

    I feel the team should read this, by the way. It is just so beautiful. Everyone involved in the creation of Carmen should read it.
    What she said. Thank you, Iggie, for your beautiful words and preserving the feelings of that moment in time for us. You literally moved me to tears.

  2. #742

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,579
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Do you have a youtube link with Tkachenko's commentary? If yes could you post it with a recap of what he said?

    I'm still working on collecting quotes about V&M, to be unveiled soon.

    I took up most of your suggestions, but one thing I couldn't find was quotes from Yu-Na Kim. I did read on the "skaters favorite skaters" thread that V&M are her faves, but does anyone have a source?

    Also, I don't think they have, but have T&D ever commented about V&M? I know a lot of people have compared them to T&D so you would think someone somewhere had asked T&D about it.
    Found only FD. SD i have only on my DVD.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqjIht2dTLc

    As for Tkachenko, he didnt said too much. He said after twizzles - how well was done.
    Then commentator said a lot off words:

    Masterpiece, nothing to say. Like waiting for that lift,. but still enjoy. Fantastic! It stratosphere.
    Then commentators said, they they need to get too much points, but maybe they could do this. Tkachenko said - native walls should help them. Commentator (Grishin) start talking about Chans gold and that was a lot off conversations, but in this case nothing to talk about. Tkachenko said - yes, magnificently (when combination lift was shows). Then commentator said, that even if we saw great skating from W-P and C-B, but this was nothing to compare. And Tkachenko said - i even didnt remember all, what was before this FD.
    They also talked about that rotational lift and Tkachenko said, how difficult to made something like this.

    And on russian Eurosport Alexandr Boychuk (he was skating with Svetlana Alexeeva http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svetlana_Alexeeva) after SD said - there is V-M and all the others.

  3. #743

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In Canuck Land, hey!
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,787
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Well iggie, not only was that article well thought out and well done but it made me want to read your other articles. So I did. You've done a great job on all your stories and are bang on in what you say. Amazing how the judges just somehow didn't see what so many of us have seen this season. Perhaps blinded by the speed and hair of others
    Crazy about sports!

  4. #744
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    822
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Way to go iggie! Brilliant as always. Someone should hire you to report on figure skating I swear. You have more insight, knowledge and common sense in that one article than I have read in years. It's like they don't even try. You on the other hand rock as always! It still bugs me, and that article reminds me about how underappreciatd Carmen was especially after all the anticipation, excitement and praise and then the judges, SC,whoever have to go and rain on the parade. Why? Because it's a little sexy? Ooooh never seen that before.

  5. #745
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,486
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    there is V-M and all the others.
    How true this is.
    They are THE skaters of their generation. It must be frustrating that they dont win everything in sight but it must also be heartwarming that they know in their hearts ( and in ours) who they are and what they are capable of.

    Great art is not always appreciated and so many people fall for the picture perfect but unsatisfying performance.

    Thanks Iggie - as usual well done!

  6. #746
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,258
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Holy Mother of Dragons, iggie! That was brilliant. So brilliant I got goosebumps remembering my first reaction to the program. Sigh. I relived it with you as if it just happened. Nothing can take that away from us, that initial reaction when we knew, we just knew that what we were seeing was something truly special. I wish I could write and be as eloquent as you are and capture that moment as well as you did on print. Thank you and I can't wait to read the next entry!

    I feel the team should read this, by the way. It is just so beautiful. Everyone involved in the creation of Carmen should read it.
    This just makes what happened at Worlds even more

  7. #747

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,857
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Holy Mother of Dragons, iggie! That was brilliant. So brilliant I got goosebumps remembering my first reaction to the program. Sigh. I relived it with you as if it just happened. Nothing can take that away from us, that initial reaction when we knew, we just knew that what we were seeing was something truly special. I wish I could write and be as eloquent as you are and capture that moment as well as you did on print. Thank you and I can't wait to read the next entry!

    I feel the team should read this, by the way. It is just so beautiful. Everyone involved in the creation of Carmen should read it.
    Haha, Dani forever!! Though I was kinda bored with the season premiere. Ok back on topic, I agree with all this. And the rest of the series is great too.

  8. #748

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    581
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I feel the team should read this, by the way. It is just so beautiful. Everyone involved in the creation of Carmen should read it.
    YES. Great work, Iggie!

  9. #749

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,579
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Could we send tis to Swan? Or this is bad idea?

  10. #750
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't think it is a bad idea, but iggie must give her permission first. I just think anyone who took part on the creation of this program should read that, if only to read what it meant to us when we saw it for the first time.

  11. #751
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    957
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Found only FD. SD i have only on my DVD.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqjIht2dTLc

    As for Tkachenko, he didnt said too much. He said after twizzles - how well was done.
    Then commentator said a lot off words:

    Masterpiece, nothing to say. Like waiting for that lift,. but still enjoy. Fantastic! It stratosphere.
    Then commentators said, they they need to get too much points, but maybe they could do this. Tkachenko said - native walls should help them. Commentator (Grishin) start talking about Chans gold and that was a lot off conversations, but in this case nothing to talk about. Tkachenko said - yes, magnificently (when combination lift was shows). Then commentator said, that even if we saw great skating from W-P and C-B, but this was nothing to compare. And Tkachenko said - i even didnt remember all, what was before this FD.
    They also talked about that rotational lift and Tkachenko said, how difficult to made something like this.

    And on russian Eurosport Alexandr Boychuk (he was skating with Svetlana Alexeeva http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svetlana_Alexeeva) after SD said - there is V-M and all the others.
    Didn't they say that the gold should of been theirs? This is why I love Russia If the native walls couldn't have helped V/M this year then hopefully the Russian walls will help them in Sochi.

  12. #752

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In Canuck Land, hey!
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,787
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Didn't they say that the gold should of been theirs? This is why I love Russia If the native walls couldn't have helped V/M this year then hopefully the Russian walls will help them in Sochi.
    Some of us will wish it to be so. Since Canada was sooooooooooooooooo good for D/W this season, perhaps Russia will show their love to V/M next year?
    Crazy about sports!

  13. #753
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    67
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    She said their lifts were less creative but then goes on saying that they were more artistic that night Am I the only one who finds this a tad contradictory?
    Late reply, but yea, it confused me a bit. Though creative and artistic are not interchangeable words. She could mean that the concept of VM's program is more innovative, but perhaps she thought that DW showed more traditional expressions?

    Also from a few pages back, the issue of posture. When we look at still photos from both teams, the difference in posture is very obvious. We have to remember that judges see this live, and sometimes in slow motion, but they don't have the time to freeze every frame to examine for such details. DW's speed is effective in hiding any unfinished movements or body positions, simply because it's too fast for the eye to see; after all, judges do not have inhuman vision. I'm just suggesting this as a possible reason as to why they were not marked down for that.

  14. #754

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,579
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ofdarkness View Post
    Late reply, but yea, it confused me a bit. Though creative and artistic are not interchangeable words. She could mean that the concept of VM's program is more innovative, but perhaps she thought that DW showed more traditional expressions?

    Also from a few pages back, the issue of posture. When we look at still photos from both teams, the difference in posture is very obvious. We have to remember that judges see this live, and sometimes in slow motion, but they don't have the time to freeze every frame to examine for such details. DW's speed is effective in hiding any unfinished movements or body positions, simply because it's too fast for the eye to see; after all, judges do not have inhuman vision. I'm just suggesting this as a possible reason as to why they were not marked down for that.
    Yes, if we ask judges, or Blumberg they will say - you couldnt compare on the photos, but only in motion.
    But i disagree with this. I remeber one russian FS commentator said (Vasiliy SolovieFF): "The differnce is best skaters look perfect even in slow motions".
    So maybe i am wrong, but if judges think they are so close this could made the difference - to watch elements in slow motions. And they saw skaters at a lot off competitions in the season, during practice so i am sure, they see this difference, but dont want to show this in the marks.
    If you will watch D-W twizzles in slow motions you could see- they are not perfect. But i agree - i reall time you coulddnt see this.
    But russian commentators didnt saw Tessa mistake in SD from There places too.

  15. #755
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I remember back when A&P were competing how it was discussed that you could take a series of photos and every one would look great. It's not about who has the prettier still shots, to get a "pretty" still shot requires a lot of control and skill on the part of the skaters. Tessa and Scott work hard and need amazing skills to make it all look so pretty, natural and easy. Never forget what Tracy Wilson said last season, that they make it look so easy and she doesn't feel the judges and others understand how difficult it is doing what they are doing because of that. It's a lot harder to do all the elements ice dancers are required to do AND do it the way Tessa and Scott do it. It's not as hard to whip around the ice on two feet and make things look busy by hopping, pulling and running around the ice. Chait and Sahknovski did it, FusarPolli and Margaglio did it. They also got rewarded for it because it seems even the judges get caught up with the illusion of it all. It's also a lot harder to notice mistakes with this "style" because their running edges are only in the step sequences. About to trip or lose your balance? Turn it into a hop

    After this season I´m not even going to pretend they are equals. I would LOVE for Marina to choreograph both teams a SD where they BOTH hop and skip and run and pull each other across the ice and a FD without one single hop, skip, run, pull involved. Where every element has to be entered and exited on an edge, on one foot, all twizzles elements consist of a series of three and then we can put to rest the notion they are so equal that it all comes down to level calls. ''

    Just needed to say that out loud.

  16. #756
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,486
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I remember back when A&P were competing how it was discussed that you could take a series of photos and every one would look great. It's not about who has the prettier still shots, to get a "pretty" still shot requires a lot of control and skill on the part of the skaters. Tessa and Scott work hard and need amazing skills to make it all look so pretty, natural and easy. Never forget what Tracy Wilson said last season, that they make it look so easy and she doesn't feel the judges and others understand how difficult it is doing what they are doing because of that. It's a lot harder to do all the elements ice dancers are required to do AND do it the way Tessa and Scott do it. It's not as hard to whip around the ice on two feet and make things look busy by hopping, pulling and running around the ice. Chait and Sahknovski did it, FusarPolli and Margaglio did it. They also got rewarded for it because it seems even the judges get caught up with the illusion of it all. It's also a lot harder to notice mistakes with this "style" because their running edges are only in the step sequences. About to trip or lose your balance? Turn it into a hop

    After this season I´m not even going to pretend they are equals. I would LOVE for Marina to choreograph both teams a SD where they BOTH hop and skip and run and pull each other across the ice and a FD without one single hop, skip, run, pull involved. Where every element has to be entered and exited on an edge, on one foot, all twizzles elements consist of a series of three and then we can put to rest the notion they are so equal that it all comes down to level calls. ''

    Just needed to say that out loud.
    Thank you for saying this. I have been thinking this forever.

    To me VM is all about control. They can do the difficult steps in slow motion, holding their edges and creating those picture perfect moments.

  17. #757

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,579
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    So, how do you think, when we will have information of T-S programs in CSOI? Or only when CSOI tour will start?

  18. #758
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    So, how do you think, when we will have information of T-S programs in CSOI? Or only when CSOI tour will start?
    Probably once it starts? Maybe follow the twitter of some of the skaters who will be on the tour. I think the Kerrs are and they seem to tweet a bit. When do they normally meet up for practice? For some reason I'm thinking rehearsals last year were started while V&M were at WTT?

  19. #759

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,579
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Probably once it starts? Maybe follow the twitter of some of the skaters who will be on the tour. I think the Kerrs are and they seem to tweet a bit. When do they normally meet up for practice? For some reason I'm thinking rehearsals last year were started while V&M were at WTT?
    I thought they will post CSOI programs with skaters list and programs. I think i saw somtheing like this on Kurt files site.

  20. #760
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I thought they will post CSOI programs with skaters list and programs. I think i saw somtheing like this on Kurt files site.
    You're probably right. Was just watching this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3MMl...ature=youtu.be
    I like that Kurt puts some effort and choreography in this show. Kind of wish I could fit a show into my schedule.

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •