Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    That is absolutely hilarious and wonderful at the same time. The commentator is living every single step with them, I loved that!!
    I have tears, too funny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Yea! Great minds think alike. Do you post on fanforum too?
    No I prefer to read on fanforum (it gets a little crazy there sometimes ). I think Finlandia is perfect and with the olympics earlier in the season than worlds, they probably want their levels checked early. And they get the last shot at GPF this year!. Hopefully they get one early and one late GP competition because that seems best for those who want to win (ahem D/W)

vCash
    i hope someone can post translations of the commentator's comments

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    i hope someone can post translations of the commentator's comments
    He is literally complimenting them on every single step lol. He's like amazing, impressive, so so difficult, and when scott said :now step, he's like, he's talking to her, sublime excellent, every moment they're intense, fierce. As they're approaching the last set of lifts, he sounds like he's commentating for a soccer match, he's literally like she's up!, yes! very very good, and amazing performance! Remarkable, they danced like champions! They were able to overcome the tension and pressure and be brilliant like always. At the beginning, he talks about the particular character they bring to the dance, the form of the movements, the quality of the expression, he goes on... It's really quite entertaining.

ETA: P/B and B/S out of world team trophy...So W/P for the win? I seriously hope Team Canada is a little more cheery this time around.
    Last edited by PEZazzz; 04-05-2013 at 01:13 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    He is literally complimenting them on every single step lol. He's like amazing, impressive, so so difficult, and when scott said :now step, he's like, he's talking to her, sublime excellent, every moment they're intense, fierce. As they're approaching the last set of lifts, he sounds like he's commentating for a soccer match, he's literally like she's up!, yes! very very good, and amazing performance! Remarkable, they danced like champions! They were able to overcome the tension and pressure and be brilliant like always. At the beginning, he talks about the particular character they bring to the dance, the form of the movements, the quality of the expression, he goes on... It's really quite entertaining.

ETA: P/B and B/S out of world team trophy...So W/P for the win? I seriously hope Team Canada is a little more cheery this time around.
    Really? wow I find it funny that a majority of the top skaters are skipping WTT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Really? wow I find it funny that a majority of the top skaters are skipping WTT.
    I imagine it's a pain to train even after your season is up, especially going into an olympic year. But I like the concept of WTT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Well, I am going to nitpick what you posted. In my opinion, it's a bit unfair to compare the kind of rotational lift that Meryl/Charlie had with the totally different kind of lift that Tessa/Scott had. I think if Tessa and Scott did the same lift as Meryl and Charlie, Tessa wouldn't look all that wonderful in that phase of it either, although she would probably look a bit better than Meryl.
    While it's true that we are not comparing the same lift, why is it hard to find any photos of Meryl looking polished in the majority of their lifts? These photos and others aren't doctored, they represent the actual mediocre positions and unfinished limb extension (except of course for the ballet hand positions as someone pointed out earlier).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    That is absolutely hilarious and wonderful at the same time. The commentator is living every single step with them, I loved that!!
    The commentator is Alain Goldberg, he's been commentating figure skating on SRC for ages.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahararainfall View Post
    How about these pics, you think this form is intentional? GPF, Worlds 1, Worlds 2, Nats 1, Nats 2.

Compare those pics to this photo set. As noted, some of these pics might look awkward to some, but the gymnastic fan in me loves the way Tessa holds herself during this lift, #3 and #6 in particular, her body looks very centered in an axis line even while transitioning and being rotated.

I hope I don't get into trouble posting this, just making a comparison, one that affects my personal preference. I don't think many fans care or nitpick about this, certainly not the judges anyway.

One of my favorite Tessa midlift pic of this season is still this one from Danielle Earl. This part of the lift happens so fast but she was able to capture it, midair, back arch, limb extension and all.
    That's a remarkable comparison of positions. So why don't V&M get significantly higher GOEs on these than D&W? The latter look quite messy which is surprising, at least to me. If the judges saw these photo comparisons, it would help to educate them on what the + side of GOE should look like. I'd love to hear what Blumberg and Wynne would have to say about them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    That's a remarkable comparison of positions. So why don't V&M get significantly higher GOEs on these than D&W? The latter look quite messy which is surprising, at least to me. If the judges saw these photo comparisons, it would help to educate them on what the + side of GOE should look like. I'd love to hear what Blumberg and Wynne would have to say about them.
    Thing is why do the judges need to be educated in this? Aren't they suppose to know this? See this? Isn't this their job? After all they determine the winners and the fate of skaters lives/careers. sigh.

I imagine Blumberg at least would say 'oh well it's just a picture, you should see how fast they skate. I don't like Scott Moir'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    Thing is why do the judges need to be educated in this? Aren't they suppose to know this? See this? Isn't this their job? After all they determine the winners and the fate of skaters lives/careers. sigh.

I imagine Blumberg at least would say 'oh well it's just a picture, you should see how fast they skate. I don't like Scott Moir'
    You wish Judy say this. And you can dream wonderful dream

Why don't you all apply for judge then? what is stopping you greate experts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Maybe i dont understand you. Do you thin this http://d2.yimg.com/sr/img/1/f95aa911...8-6c407bccaaf7 look wonderfull?
    I didn't say that it looks wonderful. Seems like it's either black or white for you. If I am defending Meryl and Charlie just a bit, it doesn't mean that I think they're ideal and wonderful in everything. I so dislike people twisting or deliberately misunderstanding other's words. You should at least read more carefully - meaning, read what is actually written, not try to see something that is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    While it's true that we are not comparing the same lift, why is it hard to find any photos of Meryl looking polished in the majority of their lifts? These photos and others aren't doctored, they represent the actual mediocre positions and unfinished limb extension (except of course for the ballet hand positions as someone pointed out earlier).
    Really, most of their lifts are different from Tessa and Scott's lifts, so it's difficult to compare. Leg positions? Toe point? Yes, of course, Tessa is better in that, but, unfortunately, it seems like such thing are not emphasized enough in the rules for judges to think much about it. Meryl and Charlie's lifts move fast, Meryl usually gets into positions easily and quickly, and gets out of the lifts quite easily too. And it's not like all of their lifts are essentially easy (I don't think that their second FD lift is easy, I think it's quite difficult to change those positions quickly an smoothly, and the first "split" lift is not easy either - imagine yourself trying to stand like that even with someone holding your leg like Charlie is holding Meryl's leg). Obviously judges pay attention only to that. I am not saying that Tessa and Scott's lifts don't have all of that. But their more polished positions don't give them the advantage that they should have, and in the judge's mind Tessa/Scott and Meryl/Charlie are obviously pretty much equal when it comes to lifts.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 04-05-2013 at 03:05 AM.

vCash
    Hello people. I have some videos that I don't think have been posted yet (thanks squintyfly). SRC version of the FD (the commentator's voice is totally trippy lol), interview right after the final results (interviewer lady rubbing salt in the wound), and another interview (I think after the SD).
    Thanks a lot! The SRC commentator was funny indeed .

vCash
    Iggie!! You are brilliant! I just read the first post in the Carmen series and what can I say except that it's amazing. Thanks for doing this! I've only just read the first post and I can't wait to read the rest once I get home. Like you I would like to know how/why the narrative changed from everybody's initial reaction to Carmen. Maybe we'll never get that answer, but at least we're asking.

http://compulsorydances.blogspot.com...armen.html?m=1

vCash
    I love when the gofugyourself girls do figure skating recaps. Here's their comment on VM:

http://gofugyourself.com/fabs-and-fa...ionships-day-2

vCash
    Iggie!! You are brilliant! I just read the first post in the Carmen series and what can I say except that it's amazing. Thanks for doing this! I've only just read the first post and I can't wait to read the rest once I get home. Like you I would like to know how/why the narrative changed from everybody's initial reaction to Carmen. Maybe we'll never get that answer, but at least we're asking.

http://compulsorydances.blogspot.com...armen.html?m=1
    Thank you! I wish T-S will read your blog, iggie Just to know how how deep analysis of there programs you did.

vCash
    Hello people. I have some videos that I don't think have been posted yet (thanks squintyfly). SRC version of the FD (the commentator's voice is totally trippy lol), interview right after the final results (interviewer lady rubbing salt in the wound), and another interview (I think after the SD).

ETA: Whoa! That's actually kinda crazy that we posted the same thing. Lol, wow I should have scrolled up a little bit before posting.
    Thank you for link, guys!
    I wish to know, what this commentator said about other teams perfomances. He is so passionate.Look like he love his job a lot.
    Funny, they had the same reaction on twizzles and last lift with Tkachenko and russian commentator.
    I like that in this interwies they siad (Scott said) about how strong this FD is and how innovative it is. This is truth.
    And Tessa is so beautifull. She shines
    I feel said, that was last Carmen perfomance in competitions too, Scott Maybe they could use it for next season?

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Thank you for link, guys!
    I wish to know, what this commentator said about other teams perfomances. He is so passionate.Look like he love his job a lot.
    Funny, they had the same reaction on twizzles and last lift with Tkachenko and russian commentator.
    Do you have a youtube link with Tkachenko's commentary? If yes could you post it with a recap of what he said?

I'm still working on collecting quotes about V&M, to be unveiled soon.

I took up most of your suggestions, but one thing I couldn't find was quotes from Yu-Na Kim. I did read on the "skaters favorite skaters" thread that V&M are her faves, but does anyone have a source?

Also, I don't think they have, but have T&D ever commented about V&M? I know a lot of people have compared them to T&D so you would think someone somewhere had asked T&D about it.

vCash
    Holy Mother of Dragons, iggie! That was brilliant. So brilliant I got goosebumps remembering my first reaction to the program. Sigh. I relived it with you as if it just happened. Nothing can take that away from us, that initial reaction when we knew, we just knew that what we were seeing was something truly special. I wish I could write and be as eloquent as you are and capture that moment as well as you did on print. Thank you and I can't wait to read the next entry!

I feel the team should read this, by the way. It is just so beautiful. Everyone involved in the creation of Carmen should read it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Holy Mother of Dragons, iggie! That was brilliant. So brilliant I got goosebumps remembering my first reaction to the program. Sigh. I relived it with you as if it just happened. Nothing can take that away from us, that initial reaction when we knew, we just knew that what we were seeing was something truly special. I wish I could write and be as eloquent as you are and capture that moment as well as you did on print. Thank you and I can't wait to read the next entry!

I feel the team should read this, by the way. It is just so beautiful. Everyone involved in the creation of Carmen should read it.
    This. Couldn't have said it better.

Thank you iggie.

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast