Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    Really! I heard it and thought it was part of the music it was so loud! My back was to them so I didn't see Scott saying it. That man can project!!
    I wonder if it made Tessa loose character for a split second lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    The 1st gif is a parody of ballet IMO. I sure hope Tessa and Scott do something next year that resembles real ballet. Tessa's arms are exquisite in everything she does.

BTW their FD was awsome at World's even from my "nosebleed" perspective. It could have been the last time I see them live (unless at Nats next year), so I drank it all in . I didn't have a yellow shirt, but I had a big flag and a loud mouth
    Does it even matter, it's not like it would be appreciated (sarcasm). But seriously though I do hope they continue to be themselves, push themselves, and push the sport even if the judges don't care.

I'm glad all of you had a great time! And thanks for sharing your impressions with us.

vCash
    Self doubt can be a very difficult thing to overcome You can be the greatest at something and everyone can see it, and tell you a million times over but if you can't let yourself believe it and if you lack that confidence, the negative always creeps in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    I think the injuries play a part in her confidence as well. It's hard to go all out when in the back of your mind, you're afraid your body will revolt against you.
    true. She mentioned in her book how the injuries made her question her abilities as an ice dancer. sad
    That's why I love how Scott builds her up constantly. The shoulder squeezes, the "awesome!" after their EX at 4CC.

Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    Self doubt can be a very difficult thing to overcome You can be the greatest at something and everyone can see it, and tell you a million times over but if you can't let yourself believe it and if you lack that confidence, the negative always creeps in.
    absolutely. I really hope she can overcome this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    I think the injuries play a part in her confidence as well. It's hard to go all out when in the back of your mind, you're afraid your body will revolt against you.
    I agree with you. I think that's what happened these past few weeks after 4CC. The ending of this season has been a roller-coaster for them, physically and emotionally. All the more reason to be proud and content (or at least at peace) with what they've achieved in London. However, I'm afraid that, just as her chronical condition won't go away, her fears won't either. I hope she manages to conquer them next season. And I also hope Marina stops discussing her condition with the press, for goodness' sake.

Pani asked me in the previous thread about the reaction of the press to Carmen. (I presume you mean the FD performance, Pani, right?) People were happy for them, especially the Canadians, who had been devastated and terribly disappointed after the SD. Actually, on Friday morning, the SD result was all everybody talked about in the media zone. Beyond reporting the facts and performances, they all knew how important this competition was for Tessa and Scott and they felt so bad for them. Everybody also knew the chances of winning were almost non-existent, but I think they never lost hope entirely. And of course Carmen didn't disappoint, although it wasn't to be a win.

ETA: Also, people I've talked to today seemed to think that their plan for next season is to do something interesting, but "not try to push the sport so much". In other words, play it safer. Because, frankly, the risk hasn't payed off - in terms of results, I mean. Of course their legacy is greater now, but those judges who hand out the medals, and who will hand out the OGM next year, don't seem to care about originality. It's more or less what Scott has already stated.
    Last edited by IoanaC; 03-18-2013 at 05:17 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    This is the best title ever.
    ITA. I watched V&M's performance I don't know how many times over and over last night and a few times I just went back and watched that Roaaaaarrrrr moment. For me that set the tone for the entire program. V&M were on fire and owned that piece of choreography. I won't even get into the marks at the moment but V&M ended the season with the best performance of Carmen of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    I just heard Tracy Wilson pick "Carmen" as her highlight of the World Competition. She said she felt it was under appreciated by the judges but not by the audience in London. And not by the audience of one at my house!
    That's the closest Tracy has come not just all season but in general to saying that V&M deserved better marks. I can imagine what she thought after that Roaaaarrrr performance then seeing the marks.

That was one of the most incredible performances I've seen in a while. Tessa and Scott really bought it. I hope someone sends them a tape of themselves and if ever they are feeling a little bit insecure, play it back for them.

vCash
    I agree about Tessa's confidence, but I also think it improves when Scott is around and encouraging her (ie, the pep talk this competition!)
    I think that this upcoming Olympic season this will be a focus.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    true. She mentioned in her book how the injuries made her question her abilities as an ice dancer. sad
    That's why I love how Scott builds her up constantly. The shoulder squeezes, the "awesome!" after their EX at 4CC.
    I don't remember if i said this
    but the look of love in scott's eyes after he tells her they are going to "destroy this" makes me all warm and fuzzy inside <3
    I don't understand how anyone could think that scott is controlling tessa
    and the people who call scott arrogant have to understand that he is doing this for tessa. he has to be overly confident for her.

vCash
    Did he say "they'll destroy this" before the FD? I must have missed that line. So sweet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    but the look of love in scott's eyes after he tells her they are going to "destroy this" makes me all warm and fuzzy inside <3
    I don't understand it either. I love that Scott can be encouraging, supportive, (Edit: I actually meant to say protective, but that works too) and caring all the while not making it seem like Tessa's some weak damsel in distress.

vCash
    Subscribing now

vCash
    I forgot to say how great is the thread title! I first heard the mighty roar at practice, the morning of the FD, but since other couples kept getting in their way, and Scott kept screaming at them, I didn't even imagine it was part of the "scenario".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    I forgot to say how great is the thread title! I first heard the mighty roar at practice, the morning of the FD, but since other couples kept getting in their way, and Scott kept screaming at them, I didn't even imagine it was part of the "scenario".

Quote Originally Posted by tapper88 View Post
    I agree about Tessa's confidence, but I also think it improves when Scott is around and encouraging her (ie, the pep talk this competition!)
    and the people who call scott arrogant have to understand that he is doing this for tessa. he has to be overly confident for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by ofdarkness View Post
    I don't understand it either. I love that Scott can be encouraging, supportive, (Edit: I actually meant to say protective, but that works too) and caring all the while not making it seem like Tessa's some weak damsel in distress.
    This, all of this Scott is awesome. He makes me emotional sometimes the way he is with Tessa. It's crazy but I think it's so lovely and unique.

vCash
    It kills me that she lacks confidence when she's so freaking phenomenal!
    In what version of the FD did he say that? And lol that he has to be overly confident.
    Oh so it was intentional all along? That's awesome.

I love this thread.

Macassar what are you subscribing to?

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Did he say "they'll destroy this" before the FD? I must have missed that line. So sweet
    he specifically says "we are going to DESTROY this"
    and then idk what he said afterwards to her and i wish i knew because it was probably something amorous/loving and you can tell that just by looking at his eyes
    its so obvious that he loves her (and i dont mean that kind of love)
    i wish i could read lips

vCash
    I love this thread, too. The discussions are interesting and intelligent and I always learn so much from you all, and I love that we can celebrate and feel sympathy for other teams in this thread as well

I just wanted to bring this over from the GSD (I hope you don't mind, Gerbil). I thought it was an excellent post and it is unfortunate that thoughtful explanations like this are being dismissed as overzealous ubering:

Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    Having good lines is not a matter of snobbery. It's a matter of it's something that's been important in dance (and valued in ice dance as well) for many years and considered a fundamental good thing. Same with posture, extension, and unison. It's not a matter of style. It's a matter of having good fundamentals. Being sloppy is begin sloppy. It's not a style choice. It's something that should be dinged.

Also, although they are used interchangably, chemistry and connection are not quite the same thing. Connection is more about how the two dancers are able to move, interact, react, and make adjustments to each other in real-time in addition to doing moves that are interdependent upon one another, ie. if one person goes down, they both do. IMO, in this sense, V/M have it all over D/W.

vCash
    he specifically says "we are going to DESTROY this"
    and then idk what he said afterwards to her and i wish i knew because it was probably something amorous/loving and you can tell that just by looking at his eyes
    its so obvious that he loves her (and i dont mean that kind of love)
    i wish i could read lips
    Have you found pics of the gala by any chance?

Melissa, agreed! Sometimes I feel like we have to be overly careful what we say cuz we don't know who will take offense to it or think we're crazy. It's a shame cuz there's so many good analysis to be made.

Watching the CBC coverage with Tracy Kurt and Brenda and what the hell were I/K thinking with this ghost program--can't stop laughing.

vCash
    rainbowkisses, I transcribed most of the pep talk last thread but I think I missed that part! Did you see what I heard? After multiple viewings mind you

Agreed, they love each other so much (even if not romantically!)

vCash
    My friend and I are having a text argument over the results from Worlds and I'm trying to make her see what I'm seeing, but I just feel exasperated. Not sure how to explain to her so I'm asking for a bit of help. Here's what she said (I have her permission btw):
    Both teams are good but each brings something different. The judges seem to be looking more for athleticism than artistry now, which makes sense; I'd rather see a dunk contest than the 3 pt contest [she used a basketball analogy]. I hope you understand my metaphor, in a way I am saying TS are better skaters [but she feels MC should win because they're more athletic]. Think about it for people like me who don't keep up with the skating world and only see it once every four years when it comes on tv for the Olympics; what would be more entertaining the constant eye contact and closeness of TS or my heart skipping a beat thinking MC are gonna fall everytime they skate? So I'm not telling you which is the better team, I'm telling you which one I like to watch better.
    She also said it looked like D/W packed more moves into their program, so felt it was more entertaining and made Tessa and Scott's seem slower. She finished it off by saying this is why she should probably watch pairs instead of ice dancing, lol.

Also I have to say she watches skating like maybe once a year (if at that), but I really wanted to hear what she had to say. I told her we should agree to disagree cuz our friendship is more important lol.

ETA: She just told me she'd love to learn the about the artistry side so she can properly critique the two [teams].

vCash
    I agree with you. I think that's what happened these past few weeks after 4CC. The ending of this season has been a roller-coaster for them, physically and emotionally. All the more reason to be proud and content (or at least at peace) with what they've achieved in London. However, I'm afraid that, just as her chronical condition won't go away, her fears won't either. I hope she manages to conquer them next season. And I also hope Marina stops discussing her condition with the press, for goodness' sake.

Pani asked me in the previous thread about the reaction of the press to Carmen. (I presume you mean the FD performance, Pani, right?) People were happy for them, especially the Canadians, who had been devastated and terribly disappointed after the SD. Actually, on Friday morning, the SD result was all everybody talked about in the media zone. Beyond reporting the facts and performances, they all knew how important this competition was for Tessa and Scott and they felt so bad for them. Everybody also knew the chances of winning were almost non-existent, but I think they never lost hope entirely. And of course Carmen didn't disappoint, although it wasn't to be a win.

ETA: Also, people I've talked to today seemed to think that their plan for next season is to do something interesting, but "not try to push the sport so much". In other words, play it safer. Because, frankly, the risk hasn't payed off - in terms of results, I mean. Of course their legacy is greater now, but those judges who hand out the medals, and who will hand out the OGM next year, don't seem to care about originality. It's more or less what Scott has already stated.
    Thank you!
    Al this journalists. I thought from the first quate from PC they will go into modern direction and nobody could chsnge this, but....
    At there level why not to take risk? Especially if its no matter, what they will doing, cuz D-W will have 10th with any kind of progam? Why not to work on history?
    Maybe now Charlie need to "try to push the sport so much" and try to made Scotts last lift. Why if they are so athletic, they couldnt do something loke V-M combinational lift and rotational lift?

As for Tessa confidence. I am not wonder after 4CC/ Not because she get injury, but because nobody from the slaters support her, like they did with Keithlynn, Fabian, but look verry angry with T-S didnt get dedaction and could did this lift again.
    So its like one person support her - Scott. (i mean in FS). So how could she be confident?
    And i feel sad journalists didnt talked about how NDP could win over Carmen
    Hope now all is happy with there dream champions.

Shayii, i understand your friend. She didnt watch D-W every year and she didnt know, they re-cycling there "puting moves" from year to year. And T-S removed a lot off moves from original "Carmen". So i am not wonder

vCash
    Shayi, thank you for sharing the discussion with your friend. It's an essential point in the debate over the two.teams and how they are perceived, at least by a portion of the audience. It's great that she's willing to learn more about the artistic, deeper side of the sport, so that she can make a proper comparison. Many people aren't. However, beyond the fact that you need to have a little bit of knowledge to.understand why Tessa and Scott are once in a generation talents, we live in the age of the fast and the exciting, and there's no doubt M&C fit the mould better. Regretably, we've just received proof that the things that used to set apart the absolute best don't matter anymore and that striving for originality won't get you any reward. Which is a damn shame for the skating discipline that should encourage that as well, instead of just counting the number of mohawks or choctaws a skater can do in ten seconds.
    At this point, with their rivals having the momentum and the advantage, I admit I'm not too optimistic about T&S's chances next season. They would need the undivided attention of their coach and full support from Skate Canada. They're not going to get either, probably.We might as well enjoy their last competitive season and cherish them for the fabulous ice dancers that they are.
    Last edited by IoanaC; 03-18-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast