Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    Iggie,

I just read both of your posts. Your words are as beautiful as V/M's skating and dancing. Both resonated with me deeply. I had thought the waterworks, which have given over to rage as of late, were over with, but I'm sitting here with the tears pouring. I'm going to collect my thoughts and leave a few comments on your blog here in a bit.
    . Both analyses were wonderfully written.

ETA: Forgot to post this earlier, I do think their 13-14 FD (the question mark Sahara has right now) will be ballet.

vCash
    My mom watched the Worlds performance of Carmen today (her first time watching V/M) and she thought it was a gala piece - apparently the music wasn't dramatic enough for her! She asked why they were skating to such "light" music at an important competition. I can't decide whether this is a case of not knowing enough [ice dancing] music or knowing too much music.

vCash
    Considering it's been used a lot, I'd say it's the former, Whoa. Heh, that's funny. My mom was worse, she was all: "They are, um, getting to know each other VERY deeply". To which I replied that they already know each other quite well and then she said, "Well, I sure hope so. She's letting him reach all the bases and then some." Sob.

vCash
    I am 70 years old, not at all prudish, and cannot believe that people "see" Carmen as even vaguely questionable. I am constantly changing channels on prime time TV because of all the sexual content. There are an immense amount of movies I refuse to see for the same reasons. Yet a lot of parents allow their young children to watch both movies and TV regardless of content. Very few people turn a hair at this sort of thing. I think people jealous of the abilities of Tess and Scott simply decided to trash them and for some reason even more people ran with it. IMHO, this young couple are simply the best thing to happen to ice dance , EVER! Even better than T/D. Of course, I'm not the least bit biased.

YEAH!
    vCash
    iggie, that was lovely. Thank you. I've also been meaning to tell you that the picture you're using on the banner is perfect. It embodies this week perfectly. I'm glad you saw fit to post your thoughts.. I agree with you completely, the articles don't do justice to how big of a shock Worlds was.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/1a6f78ec5...ltoyo1_500.jpg

this photo is just heartwrenching you can tell tessa is beating herself up

Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I am 70 years old, not at all prudish, and cannot believe that people "see" Carmen as even vaguely questionable. I am constantly changing channels on prime time TV because of all the sexual content. There are an immense amount of movies I refuse to see for the same reasons. Yet a lot of parents allow their young children to watch both movies and TV regardless of content. Very few people turn a hair at this sort of thing. I think people jealous of the abilities of Tess and Scott simply decided to trash them and for some reason even more people ran with it. IMHO, this young couple are simply the best thing to happen to ice dance , EVER! Even better than T/D. Of course, I'm not the least bit biased.
    you are awesome!

i laugh at anyone who call v/m's carmen inappropriate because its them thats being being inappropriate. they need to get their heads out of the gutter and appreciate the difficulty of the movement.

vCash
    I keep going back and forth on this. Recycling seems to be the way to go, but are V/M allowed to recycle?
    I dont think they are allowed to recycle. Remember, what happened, when they used in Latin SD lift from Latin FD? And they they changed it because of low scor.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I dont think they are allowed to recycle. Remember, what happened, when they used in Latin SD lift from Latin FD? And they they changed it because of low scor.
    Yeah, you're right. Recycling isn't allowed for V/M. Apparantly, they're not allowed to have new elements either. They may have an unsolvable problem here if they can't recycle elements or get new ones. The elements have to come from somewhere.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    someone posted this video http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=137084243140094 in a v/m fan group and because the choreography is similar to v/m's carmen it made me realized that maybe the people who call v/m's carmen dirty and inappropriate are only doing so to dismiss the difficulty of the dance.

vCash
    I guess it depends on who is doing the recycling and of which element. Pity, cause there are a number of lifts that V/M have done that are outstanding and I wouldn't want to be the one to do the choosing. However, *knowing* (only as a fan) V/M, they aren't as likely to reuse an element in exactly the same way twice
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    If V/M recycle lifts, I'd love to see that serpentine lift from Pink Floyd again, particularly in a balletic context. Their lines in that lift are just jaw dropping. If they could do the Goose as a choreographic lift, that would be cool too. Or the Latin Trio curve lift as a choreolift!
    That serpentine lift is probably my all time favourite. I always thought it was a shame that we only got to see it a few times and not with a lot of training. I'd love for them to recycle it, or maybe even do some variation of it.

Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Pani - I'm assuming you're referring to the curve lift? IIRC, they mentioned that with the SD pattern restrictions, it was too difficult getting the speed required to get the GOEs they would've liked for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    Pani - I'm assuming you're referring to the curve lift? IIRC, they mentioned that with the SD pattern restrictions, it was too difficult getting the speed required to get the GOEs they would've liked for it.
    I thought the deal was that it was only getting a level 3 instead of a level 4.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I guess it depends on who is doing the recycling and of which element. Pity, cause there are a number of lifts that V/M have done that are outstanding and I wouldn't want to be the one to do the choosing. However, *knowing* (only as a fan) V/M, they aren't as likely to reuse an element in exactly the same way twice
    people who claim that v/m recycle lifts just like d/w ought to know that unlike d/w, the lifts v/m recycle (for example the goose and the lifts from the latin fd) never experienced a full season. meanwhile d/w have been doing the same lifts for 2 full seasons straight. there should be a small penalty for dance couples who use the same lifts for more than 2/3 seasons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    someone posted this video http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=137084243140094 in a v/m fan group and because the choreography is similar to v/m's carmen it made me realized that maybe the people who call v/m's carmen dirty and inappropriate are only doing so to dismiss the difficulty of the dance.
    Amazing gymnasts

vCash
    That is also my guess. I think the difficulty and complexity of that dance intimidated a lot of people, so they took the cheap shot and tried to call the program dirty and inappropriate.

vCash
    people who claim that v/m recycle lifts just like d/w ought to know that unlike d/w, the lifts v/m recycle (for example the goose and the lifts from the latin fd) never experienced a full season. meanwhile d/w have been doing the same lifts for 2 full seasons straight. there should be a small penalty for dance couples who use the same lifts for more than 2/3 seasons
    2, 3, or sometimes even more seasons than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    The double standard which seems to affect V/M out of everyone.

vCash
    Yeah, you're right. Recycling isn't allowed for V/M. Apparantly, they're not allowed to have new elements either. They may have an unsolvable problem here if they can't recycle elements or get new ones. The elements have to come from somewhere.
    Lol. So what can they do? Sigh…

Is the serpentine lift from PF the one where Tessa does a split position on Scott's foot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post

Is the serpentine lift from PF the one where Tessa does a split position on Scott's foot?
    I think it's the first lift where she hops into his arms horizontally. I LOVED that entrance. If they did do a ballet FD that lift (the entrance especially) would work really well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I'm not sure. They've got to have elements. *headdesk*

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast