Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    I loved that EX so much. one of my favourites of theirs
    Me too! How they feel the rhythm (beat) with their blades, how they feel music! The one and only.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by m_chenning View Post
    Me too! How they feel the rhythm (beat) with their blades, how they feel music! The one and only.
    Yes!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    I never heard the Roar at the rink but I saw the gala this eve after coming home and thy showed the free.

That was a mighty roar alright!
    Really! I heard it and thought it was part of the music it was so loud! My back was to them so I didn't see Scott saying it. That man can project!!

vCash
    I loved that EX so much. one of my favourites of theirs
    Same here! Tessa is such a beautiful dancer and skater. I think what angers me the most about this season is I think that this season has affected her confidence a bit and had people question what masterpieces their programs were. I'm glad that Scott is such an amazing partner and I think we're all so lucky that we were able to witness the beauty of their partnership and love for each other.

vCash
    That's the thing. You see something like this, for instance: http://25.media.tumblr.com/ae70ea98e...v07ko1_500.gif and then you see this: http://25.media.tumblr.com/768cf508d...f86vo1_500.gif. Look at both ladies. See how Tessa, even mid-lift, tries to suspend herself a little longer and stays in control. Her kicks aren't purposeless, but the movements are extended until the last second.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    well said, m_chenning. ITA. No one moves like her. Just look at the range of positions she hits in their programs this year. And her movement is soooo fluid. She is exquisite.
    despite her injuries, tessa is perhaps the best female ice dance ever. nobody moves like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    That's the thing. You see something like this, for instance: http://25.media.tumblr.com/ae70ea98e...v07ko1_500.gif and then you see this: http://25.media.tumblr.com/768cf508d...f86vo1_500.gif. Look at both ladies. See how Tessa, even mid-lift, tries to suspend herself a little longer and stays in control. Her kicks aren't purposeless, but the movements are extended until the last second.
    it doesnt take a professional dancer to see that meryl has terrible posture and her that giselle is the most contrived giselle ever performed

also lmao i love how the quality of the gif and the dancing is better in the v/m gif
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 03-18-2013 at 03:16 AM.

vCash
    Excellent comparison - that's just it - how do you complete and refine the movement when you're racing around the ice? There is not one movement, position without purpose, everything is refined with Tessa - fingertips to pointed toes . . . her carriage, just beautiful.

vCash
    Hey, I am just making a point, I am not trying to insult Meryl Davis, I am simply offering an example of why I think Tessa Virtue is the better dancer. I just want to make myself clear because I know other people read this. I think it is OK for me to use a fair argument as to why I consider Tessa to be much more superior.

Also, while we're at it, compare their arm movements as well. It's all there, I am not making anything up.

vCash
    Hey, I am just making a point, I am not trying to insult Meryl Davis, I am simply offering an example of why I think Tessa Virtue is the better dancer. I just want to make myself clear because I know other people read this. I think it is OK for me to use a fair argument as to why I consider Tessa to be much more superior.

Also, while we're at it, compare their arm movements as well. It's all there, I am not making anything up.
    I totally agree with you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    Same here! Tessa is such a beautiful dancer and skater. I think what angers me the most about this season is I think that this season has affected her confidence a bit and had people question what masterpieces their programs were. I'm glad that Scott is such an amazing partner and I think we're all so lucky that we were able to witness the beauty of their partnership and love for each other.
    I fear the same, elle
    and I'm with you, I looove how much they support each other.

Thanks for the gifs, Golightly. I think it highlights the difference between the two styles of movement.

Tessa engages her shoulders in a way that adds subtlety to the movement. She varies their position and the tension she holds in her shoulders and arms. That level of detail is remarkable.
    And don't worry, I think it is clear that you are making a respectful critique.

Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    [...] There is not one movement, position without purpose, everything is refined with Tessa - fingertips to pointed toes . . . her carriage, just beautiful.
    Exactly.
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 03-18-2013 at 03:28 AM.

vCash
    The 1st gif is a parody of ballet IMO. I sure hope Tessa and Scott do something next year that resembles real ballet. Tessa's arms are exquisite in everything she does.

BTW their FD was awsome at World's even from my "nosebleed" perspective. It could have been the last time I see them live (unless at Nats next year), so I drank it all in . I didn't have a yellow shirt, but I had a big flag and a loud mouth
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    despite her injuries, tessa is perhaps the best female ice dance ever. nobody moves like her.
    the most contrived giselle ever performed
    That's why it would be so wonderful to do a balletic routine in order to show how it should be. With classical perfection of John Curry or Klimova-Ponomarenko .
    Last edited by m_chenning; 03-18-2013 at 03:33 AM.

vCash
    Look at that EX of Marina and Sergei- Marina Olegovna took it for T-S .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    [...] I sure hope Tessa and Scott do something next year that resembles real ballet. Tessa's arms are exquisite in everything she does.

BTW their FD was awsome at World's even from my "nosebleed" perspective. It could have been the last time I see them live (unless at Nats next year), so I drank it all in . I didn't have a yellow shirt, but I had a big flag and a loud mouth
    Welcome back, clarie! I am glad you had a good time at worlds! The nosebleed seats are the best for seeing the amplitude of the pattern, so you are lucky
    I agree re: Tessa's arms. I had wanted a ballet FD, but now I am not sure the judges will really like anything in that vein.

That's why it would be so wonderful to do balletic routine in order to show how the it should be. With classical perfection of John Curry or Klimova-Ponomarenko .
    I am a big K/P fan (they are one of the teams that got me interested in figure skating) and I agree that V&M could skate on that level.
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 03-18-2013 at 03:42 AM.

vCash
    I worry for her confidence too, since she's said that she's doubted herself in the past. However, hopefully her psychology classes help her a bit with that; I mean, it trains people to help others deal with psychological issues, so maybe she can use some of that on herself. And maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but I recall her mentioning taking positive psychology classes? That stuff, plus Scott and her family, plus her own amazing strength make her so strong despite all that's happened. The "Tessa Virtue mindblock" haha.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    The 1st gif is a parody of ballet IMO. I sure hope Tessa and Scott do something next year that resembles real ballet. Tessa's arms are exquisite in everything she does.

LMAO
    i would call it a pastiche but that is too nice/innacurate. i think its more of a schlock

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Look at that EX of Marina and Sergei- Marina Olegovna took it for T-S .
    I love that so much.

Actually, more and more every single year, Tessa and Scott remind me of a combination of Klimova and Ponomarenko and Torvill and Dean. They really are one of the greatest ice dance teams ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ofdarkness View Post
    I worry for her confidence too, since she's said that she's doubted herself in the past. However, hopefully her psychology classes help her a bit with that; I mean, it trains people to help others deal with psychological issues, so maybe she can use some of that on herself. And maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but I recall her mentioning taking positive psychology classes? That stuff, plus Scott and her family, plus her own amazing strength make her so strong despite all that's happened. The "Tessa Virtue mindblock" haha.
    It sometimes bothers me that Tessa lets things get to her at times. I understand why she does but she needs to have more faith. In the SD practice, the mistake on the exist lift for example, the have similar exists in FD and gala where Tessa pirouettes and faces Scott. After she made that mistake, she doubted every landing of that. In gala is the most obvious but you can see it in the FD and SD as well. I want her to channel a bit of Carmen and be a bit more fearless and know that they are the best. All that being said she has been through tough times and I understand that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    It sometimes bothers me that Tessa lets things get to her at times. I understand why she does but she needs to have more faith. In the SD practice, the mistake on the exist lift for example, the have similar exists in FD and gala where Tessa pirouettes and faces Scott. After she made that mistake, she doubted every landing of that. In gala is the most obvious but you can see it in the FD and SD as well. I want her to channel a bit of Carmen and be a bit more fearless and know that they are the best. All that being said she has been through tough times and I understand that.
    I think the injuries play a part in her confidence as well. It's hard to go all out when in the back of your mind, you're afraid your body will revolt against you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    I agree. Sometimes, it's like, everyone else can see that you're amazing and that you're the best, why can't you see it too? It made me sad when she said that she took it personally when people attributed the character of Carmen to her own personality. But of course, it's understandable and it could be worse. I'm just glad that she has someone like Scott to remind her of these things constantly.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast