Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I have question. What rythm could be added to SD with finnstep?
    Quickstep is one of them. I think foxtrot is another. I'll have to look it up to be sure though.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    tessa and scott
    homologated by japan
    http://youtu.be/IomcPmIUIRI

meanwhile your world champions are no where to be seen. i thought japan loved them

eta: btw is it just me or does this not look like a lvl 4 spin?
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/3f3633c51...v07ko1_500.gif
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 03-21-2013 at 04:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    Quickstep is one of them. I think foxtrot is another. I'll have to look it up to be sure though.
    SD rhythm options for Seniors are:
    - Quickstep
    or
    - Quickstep plus one or two of the following Rhythms: Foxtrot, Charleston, Swing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    The options are quickstep, Charleston, foxtrot, or swing: ISU Communication 1782

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icefan1005 View Post
    Here are some I've saved. These are not all I think because going through formspring sucks.

screenshot1
    screenshot2
    Thank you. Wow, he can talk figure skating when he sets his mind to it, I will give him that. What he says about Tessa is the same thing I've been saying time and time again. You cannot learn musicality, you are born with it. It is innate. You can have a dance background, but you cannot help the way your body is shaped. Tessa has very long arms and neck, her legs are those of a ballerina. The arch of her back is that of a dancer. You can't shape that. Sure, you can work on your muscle memory to better use your limbs, but some people are born with a body that is made for dancing. That's Tessa. Kudos to him for elaborating on that. Not many people do.

vCash
    Hey everyone! Haven't been there for a while, because my computer had a virus

Anyways, how is all going and what's new for T/S?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asunta View Post
    SD rhythm options for Seniors are:
    - Quickstep
    or
    - Quickstep plus one or two of the following Rhythms: Foxtrot, Charleston, Swing.
    Thank you!

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    I cant believe im saying this but ITA with AJ here. dont get me wrong meryl is talented. just not talented in dance. and you can tell by that gif i posted she cannot dance latin.

vCash
    As he says, she tries a bit too hard and she tends to oversell it, so it doesn't look natural. The lady is the face of the team, she is the reference. Always. In both pairs and dance. In any performance, they viewer will always look at the lady first, she is in charge of finishing each movement, of making a statement because, usually, the dance is told from the lady's POV. This doesn't mean that the man is just there. A skilled partner will always be a great presenter, because his skills are consistent with those of the lady. He also has to lead and lead well. Charlie doesn't lead Meryl and he certainly doesn't present her well as a male dancer would.

With them, it's not so much about accents and pauses. They do not make statements with their movements; their limbs do not tell a story, so the movements are sometimes aimless: she reaches out to touch his chest, but it is over before it even begins. He lifts her, but her legs and arms simply move, but her fingers and her feet don't work harmoniously. During the step sequences, her hand on his shoulder is there to grab him and complete a step. He is faster, so she needs to take more strokes to compensate, but even then, you see they are just compensating steps, not a dancing step. They are straight-forward: they do A to accomplish B to then reach C.

With V-M, each tiny little detail has a purpose. Look at the way she simply puts her arm on his shoulder, but see how she... I don't know how to say it in English, she just has a way of setting her shoulders and arms that bring such fluidity to her hands, so they are like a feather on his shoulder. That's a tiny detail that you would think matters very little, but when you see them move, that's what makes the dance so graceful from the waist up. That posture is NOT easy and hold it for 4 minutes, on skates, that's VERY tough. But she can and she does. And this is just an example. We could talk hours about the many details and nuances each V-M dance has. They don't skate from A to be to C. A must mean something and they deconstruct that meaning and tell you, "and this is why B happens", see the difference? Again, I am not sure I am explaining myself too well. It's hard for me to express these things in English, but to me, the difference between both this is SO obvious it's almost tangible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    As he says, she tries a bit too hard and she tends to oversell it, so it doesn't look natural. The lady is the face of the team, she is the reference. Always. In both pairs and dance. In any performance, they viewer will always look at the lady first, she is in charge of finishing each movement, of making a statement because, usually, the dance is told from the lady's POV. This doesn't mean that the man is just there. A skilled partner will always be a great presenter, because his skills are consistent with those of the lady. He also has to lead and lead well. Charlie doesn't lead Meryl and he certainly doesn't present her well as a male dancer would.

With them, it's not so much about accents and pauses. They do not make statements with their movements; their limbs do not tell a story, so the movements are sometimes aimless: she reaches out to touch his chest, but it is over before it even begins. He lifts her, but her legs and arms simply move, but her fingers and her feet don't work harmoniously. During the step sequences, her hand on his shoulder is there to grab him and complete a step. He is faster, so she needs to take more strokes to compensate, but even then, you see they are just compensating steps, not a dancing step. They are straight-forward: they do A to accomplish B to then reach C.

With V-M, each tiny little detail has a purpose. Look at the way she simply puts her arm on his shoulder, but see how she... I don't know how to say it in English, she just has a way of setting her shoulders and arms that bring such fluidity to her hands, so they are like a feather on his shoulder. That's a tiny detail that you would think matters very little, but when you see them move, that's what makes the dance so graceful from the waist up. That posture is NOT easy and hold it for 4 minutes, on skates, that's VERY tough. But she can and she does. And this is just an example. We could talk hours about the many details and nuances each V-M dance has. They don't skate from A to be to C. A must mean something and they deconstruct that meaning and tell you, "and this is why B happens", see the difference? Again, I am not sure I am explaining myself too well. It's hard for me to express these things in English, but to me, the difference between both this is SO obvious it's almost tangible.
    You have explained very well indeed.
    I can see in my mind's eye those little movements that she makes that complete the scene and add to the artistry and the moment. Thats why some of us get annoyed with the changes over the term of the program. When they amend those details warranted for a good reason. Its the details us fans love.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post

shame the isu doesnt care about details anymore
    its all about speed and getting your levels

vCash
    Just want to say to D-W ubbers - Carmen was successful Not only medals show this. I think TAT standing ovations mean much more and audience reaction - it was love or hate

vCash
    Golighty, very well put. I wish I were so eloquent. There is a really large difference in how the two women in these couples portray themselves. It seems to me that Meryl almost reaches out and grabs you to get your attention. Tessa, OTOH, invites you to come along with her. I think I prefer to be invited rather than grabbed.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    This is interesting, International FS magazine call Zhiganshina-Gazhi FD innovative and it get fans appreciation. I am happy for Nelli and Alex
    But feel sad - V-M FD didnt get any appreciation from journalists.

vCash
    hey guys this is the photo album of meyers from fan forums. I feel a little bit hesitant sharing because i don't if this person has an account here or would mind anybody else looking but the forum is open to the public and that's how i found it so i guess there is no problem. Nonetheless let me know if anybody minds This is tessa and scott's friday practice before FD.
    http://s897.photobucket.com/user/Ore...ml?sort=3&o=51

vCash
    If I had an ISU vote I'd eliminate mandatory twizzles. I think they long ago ceased to add anything to the actual dance and the judging of them seems to be based solely on speed regardless of the tempo of the music. I'd also vote to allow teams at the Olympics to select the CD of their choice to incorporate into the SD. Bet there wouldn't be too many polkas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    hey guys this is the photo album of meyers from fan forums. I feel a little bit hesitant sharing because i don't if this person has an account here or would mind anybody else looking but the forum is open to the public and that's how i found it so i guess there is no problem. Nonetheless let me know if anybody minds This is tessa and scott's friday practice before FD.
    Most interesting photo to me is the one where Tessa & Scott as well as Fabian are smiling at someone, not sure who? Can anyone figure out who it is?
    It is this picture
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Most interesting photo to me is the one where Tessa & Scott as well as Fabian are smiling at someone, not sure who? Can anyone figure out who it is?
    It is this picture
    Nathalie?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    If I had an ISU vote I'd eliminate mandatory twizzles. I think they long ago ceased to add anything to the actual dance and the judging of them seems to be based solely on speed regardless of the tempo of the music. I'd also vote to allow teams at the Olympics to select the CD of their choice to incorporate into the SD. Bet there wouldn't be too many polkas.
    I like them when teams like V&M do them, they actually change their twizzles to suit their theme and choreography. If twizzles were judged with that in mind they would be more interesting. Another team that comes to the top of my head are G&P. I'm still not over Vanessa getting dumped but they stand out to me as another team who actually varies them to suit their theme and choreography.

But if you can do the same twizzles over and over in all your programs then they become as dull as dance spins.

Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    It is this picture
    Looks to me like it's Nathalie Pechalet.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    this is my favorite pic
    http://s897.photobucket.com/user/Ore...ml?sort=3&o=28

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast