Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    I agree with you about V&M choosing to do a ballet for next season. It could have the feel of Mahler but still have creative elements within it.

Sadly, if they do I can hear it now...."Seeing their rivals attain great success w/their ballet themed SD to Giselle, The Canadians have decided to take a page out of their US Counterparts book."

Not that I don't want to see it, but I *can* see that kind of garbage being spouted if it does end up a ballet.
    the us media is soo classy
    anyways v/m did ballet before d/w and they did it better
    but if they decide to do ballet i hope they go for the martha graham style of ballet (like Appalachian spring)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post

Carmen, IMO, is the most difficult and complex FD of all time (at this point). Notre Dame was a retread of a program D/W have been doing for years now.
    I agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkenn View Post
    I agree.
    I agree as well. For V/M career, their will be highlights to always talk about while davis and white its only thier medal count or rivalry with V/M. On the subject of marina, i think that marina is good for V/M and i disagree that she cannot give enough attention to them. Plus, tessa and scott have jennifer swan as well and enough technical coaches around. What they need to do is reuse elements! but a ballet program needs more dancy lifts so perhaps simpler lifts with past entrances and exits would be a good combination. Honestly at this point i'm more interested in what D/W are going to do for the FD. They cannot get anymore repetitive so it will be interesting to see. When I try to think of programs for the two teams, for D/W i can't think of anything different that they could do while i'm all like tessa and scott should do this or this... etc. I'mn also excited for the finnstep. I haven't seen it much but tessa and scott have done it before. I am happy to see W/P going to WTT and tessa and scott staying home. That means we might also get a new exhibition program for SOI but i like the idea of a modified carmen number. I'm seeing them live in london !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    I want to make a point about descriptors such as "crispness" and "clean precision". For me, the quality of crispness in a skating program relates more to the music and the style of the skater - quick, staccato movements, quick changes of position, for example as in a march. This applies to the majority of DW's programs, but the downside is that they don't finish their movements, attention to head position, toe point and arm position are weaker. When I look at VM's skating, I would not describe them as "crisp", but more as "precise" they don't have an overabundance of rapid movements succession, every move is deliberate, they create shapes. Clean precision is more of a quality I see in VM, but not as a complete package in DW.
    I'm not sure if I'm expressing myself clearly, it's really not a case of semantics, I'm sure one of you more eloquent posters can elaborate.
    btw, love your post gerbil
    I thought that was very clear, and I think you make an excellent point, volunteer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Cachoo I can see what you're saying. Why not Tessa and Scott stick with what works? You know, their trademark programs? Well because they're artists and artists take risks. I'm glad they have decided not to rest on their laurels and keep stretching themselves. Like sequins I feel frustrated because there's nothing we can do. I wish there was a way that we can make our voice be heard. The analysis here is absolutely spot on and that's why I feel Marina can't give them her best. I want a coach that absolutely feels they are the best, would definitively say so, and would fight for them in public about why they are the best. I want a coach that would get mad for them for not being rewarded for such a groundbreaking program and wouldn't be afraid of comparing the difference in quality between the two teams; a coach that can go in-depth with her critique and doesn't have to worry about throwing the other team under the bus out of allegiance. Right now Marina can't do that for both. We should type up these analysis and send them off to PJ, Tracey, and the ISU. (I was going to put J/K on that last sentence, but I don't think I am).
    Awesome post, Shayii!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    So he began doing this after Tessa took second place and Meryl - firts?
    Nope, if you check his formspring even way before, he loves Tessa's skills. Someone asked him last year why Tessa is better than Meryl and he gave a really long and accurate description explaining why Tessa is better.

vCash
    Really? Huh. I'd like to read that. Where can I find it?

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icefan1005 View Post
    Nope, if you check his formspring even way before, he loves Tessa's skills. Someone asked him last year why Tessa is better than Meryl and he gave a really long and accurate description explaining why Tessa is better.
    oh yeah i think i remember that post
    anyways he didnt need to explain why tessa is better than meryl its like so obvious

vCash
    Ever since Scott admitted to being pissed after the GPF last season, people who aren't necessarily V-M fans tend to speak quite fondly of Tessa. I've heard people say that if Tessa skated alone, they'd root for her LMAO. But, no, AJ is right, of course. I'd still like to read that post, but I can't find it. I don't normally go there because the snark is too much for me, but I'd honestly like to read his explanation on why Tessa is better. I know she is, we all do. But it is always interesting to see what someone who is not a fan of the team has to say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Ever since Scott admitted to being pissed after the GPF last season, people who aren't necessarily V-M fans tend to speak quite fondly of Tessa.
    I must admit that I can't help liking Tessa more as a person. I've met her several times, and she's probably one of the most gracious skaters when it comes to interaction with the fans. Even if she looked tired, she gave us a sweet smile and talked to us in a most polite way. And though I don't generally think that skaters are obliged to be super-sweet to their fans at all times, especially during or after a tough competition, it's always a pleasure to be treated so wonderfully. I've heard many people comparing Tessa to Kate Middleton, and I think this comparison is accurate in many ways - she's truly royal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    oh yeah i think i remember that post
    anyways he didnt need to explain why tessa is better than meryl its like so obvious
    I agree. It was probably for people who were blind as to why Tessa is superior.

vCash
    I think nobody will take V-M. Yes, who want to ork with skaters, who have any kind of problems.
    I remember Lobacheva-Averbukh after 2000-2001 season, when they didnt get medak at WCh, asked TAT to work with them, she said - no, and L-A sta with Linichuck. Then they won silver at OG.
    And before OG, when they need to start working on next season programs now - i am sure this will not happened.
    Maybe next season V-M and D-W will have only 2 programs - one SD for both teams and one FD Or maybe will skate all together.

vCash
    LOL Pani wouldn`t that be interesting. Marina just go screw it I`m too tired to make two programs so you will all skate to the same thing

Anyways I don`t think this has been posted here, this is the CBC version of the World`s FD. It seems to me Tracy knows exactly why Tessa and Scott are the best so maybe she should go talk to the judges or make Skate Canada talk to the judges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Oa39Uojj0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkmaria View Post
    I must admit that I can't help liking Tessa more as a person. I've met her several times, and she's probably one of the most gracious skaters when it comes to interaction with the fans. Even if she looked tired, she gave us a sweet smile and talked to us in a most polite way. And though I don't generally think that skaters are obliged to be super-sweet to their fans at all times, especially during or after a tough competition, it's always a pleasure to be treated so wonderfully. I've heard many people comparing Tessa to Kate Middleton, and I think this comparison is accurate in many ways - she's truly royal
    I do like Tessa a bit better, too. That doesn't mean I don't like Scott, I do, but Tessa is pretty down to earth and she always tries to put people at ease when interacting with her. Scott is very goofy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    LOL Pani wouldn`t that be interesting. Marina just go screw it I`m too tired to make two programs so you will all skate to the same thing

Anyways I don`t think this has been posted here, this is the CBC version of the World`s FD. It seems to me Tracy knows exactly why Tessa and Scott are the best so maybe she should go talk to the judges or make Skate Canada talk to the judges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Oa39Uojj0
    Why she talk about judges during Gala? She need to do this after FD.

vCash
    Maybe the judges left the premises VERY quickly after the FD

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I think nobody will take V-M. Yes, who want to ork with skaters, who have any kind of problems.
    I remember Lobacheva-Averbukh after 2000-2001 season, when they didnt get medak at WCh, asked TAT to work with them, she said - no, and L-A sta with Linichuck. Then they won silver at OG.
    L&A won bronze at 2001 Worlds. You're thinking of 2000 when they were fourth. 1999-00 was their horrible season. They remind me of V&M in some ways. When L&A got beaten by FP&M on the GP they changed their FD, then kept changing it. In the end they skated 4 different FDs! Sort of like how V&M continually kept changing Carmen in each competition. They try to work and let the skating speak for itself. I always admired L&A for working and not complaining about judging. Averbukh defended A&P when the vote switching thing at SLC came about, even though he and Irina only lost by one judge. I always respected L&A for not signing that petition against C&S as well.

vCash
    Watching that again and again, goosebumps and then sorrow. It really is a MASTERPIECE and I don't say that about many skates. It will be remembered long after they stop skating, I believe.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Gerbil, come to think of it, you are right. They never skated the same version and all were amazing.

My favourites were three: Worlds, Nats, and Skate Canada. Yes, even with the errors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Really? Huh. I'd like to read that. Where can I find it?
    Here are some I've saved. These are not all I think because going through formspring sucks.

screenshot1
    screenshot2

vCash
    I have question. What rythm could be added to SD with finnstep?

Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast