Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Interesting, indeed. So, that was intentional then?

It doesn't look like a finished movement, I don't know how to say it in English. I haven't timed it, but it looks as if it started before it ends.
    How about these pics, you think this form is intentional? GPF, Worlds 1, Worlds 2, Nats 1, Nats 2.

Compare those pics to this photo set. As noted, some of these pics might look awkward to some, but the gymnastic fan in me loves the way Tessa holds herself during this lift, #3 and #6 in particular, her body looks very centered in an axis line even while transitioning and being rotated.

I hope I don't get into trouble posting this, just making a comparison, one that affects my personal preference. I don't think many fans care or nitpick about this, certainly not the judges anyway.

One of my favorite Tessa midlift pic of this season is still this one from Danielle Earl. This part of the lift happens so fast but she was able to capture it, midair, back arch, limb extension and all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    So you would have me believe that this rotational lift is as well done as this one and that they deserve the same base (4.00) and GOE (1.36) value?
    Thank you. I was looking for those gifs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahararainfall View Post
    How about these pics, you think this form is intentional? GPF, Worlds 1, Worlds 2, Nats 1, Nats 2.

Compare those pics to this photo set. As noted, some of these pics might look awkward to some, but the gymnastic fan in me loves the way Tessa holds herself during this lift, #3 and #6 in particular, her body looks very centered in an axis line even while transitioning and being rotated.

I hope I don't get into trouble posting this, just making a comparison, one that affects my personal preference. I don't think many fans care or nitpick about this, certainly not the judges anyway.

One of my favorite Tessa midlift pic of this season is still this one from Danielle Earl. This part of the lift happens so fast but she was able to capture it, midair, back arch, limb extension and all.
    Which is why I said, so very interesting, indeed

And notice these are all mid-lift pictures, not the end result. Even then the difference is glaring.

vCash

WOW, those are some amazing shots. It certainly supports the thoughts of many in this thread that V/M seldom hit a bad position -- especially Tessa. Everything looks finished all the way out to the toes and the fingertips. Comparing the V/M photos to the D/W photos, it's very easy to see that that the good positions and finishes that occur with V/M don't happen with D/W.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    So you would have me believe that this rotational lift is as well done as this one and that they deserve the same base (4.00) and GOE (1.36) value?
    Eh, what are you talking about ? That is, I understand full well what you are talking about, but that definitely wasn't what I was talking about. Or did I somehow misunderstood Golightly? I thought that she was talking about Davis/White's FD lift where Meryl is standing on Charlie's knee with her leg extended in front of her. After I had written my reply it came to my mind that she had probably meant the second, "real" split lift where Meryl is on Charlie's shoulder, but not for a minute I thought about their SD lift.

As for the lifts that you posted gifs of - based on how close Meryl's and Tessa's legs are to their heads, and the difficult entry to the lift that Tessa/Scott had, probably no - at least the GOE should have been higher for Tessa/Scott. Other than that I don't really know.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 04-05-2013 at 02:17 AM.

vCash

Well, I am going to nitpick what you posted. In my opinion, it's a bit unfair to compare the kind of rotational lift that Meryl/Charlie had with the totally different kind of lift that Tessa/Scott had. I think if Tessa and Scott did the same lift as Meryl and Charlie, Tessa wouldn't look all that wonderful in that phase of it either, although she would probably look a bit better than Meryl.

vCash
    WOW, those are some amazing shots. It certainly supports the thoughts of many in this thread that V/M seldom hit a bad position -- especially Tessa. Everything looks finished all the way out to the toes and the fingertips. Comparing the V/M photos to the D/W photos, it's very easy to see that that the good positions and finishes that occur with V/M don't happen with D/W.
    GASP! How dare you (point out the obvious)

Another thing I noticed were the GOEs for the polka pattern. I don't recall now, but V-M hit level 4 for both while D-W missed a level in one, correct? Yet, both got the same GOE. Seeing the patterns back to back, I wonder, if you hit level four on a very intricate pattern, and your edges are clean and deep, shouldn't the judges recognize that? But, what do I know?

I am not saying that V-M should've won the SD, I think they deserved to be second because they made mistakes and, hey, it is fair that judges punish mistakes. What they did not deserved was to be 3.25 points back. Because if we're going nitpick, well, let's do the same for everyone. Scott dropped a level at the end of the NtSt; Tessa dropped another one during her twizzle, but I guess getting back on it and being in synch for the remaining two doesn't count either. Oh, but let's ignore things like, out-of-synch set of twizzles that don't travel and let's ignore lack of difficulty, unfinished lines, and mediocre extensions and let's give them a world record. In my days, world records were given to memorable performances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Well, I am going to nitpick what you posted. In my opinion, it's a bit unfair to compare the kind of rotational lift that Meryl/Charlie had with the totally different kind of lift that Tessa/Scott had. I think if Tessa and Scott did the same lift as Meryl and Charlie, Tessa wouldn't look all that wonderful in that phase of it either, although she would probably look a bit better than Meryl.
    Maybe i dont understand you. Do you thin this http://d2.yimg.com/sr/img/1/f95aa911...8-6c407bccaaf7 look wonderfull?

Another thing I noticed were the GOEs for the polka pattern. I don't recall now, but V-M hit level 4 for both while D-W missed a level in one, correct? Yet, both got the same GOE. Seeing the patterns back to back, I wonder, if you hit level four on a very intricate pattern, and your edges are clean and deep, shouldn't the judges recognize that? But, what do I know?
    Honestly, V-M had "bigger" pattern. They had softer knees and easy move.
    But maybe judges like better, how D-W pattern go with the music.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Well, I am going to nitpick what you posted. In my opinion, it's a bit unfair to compare the kind of rotational lift that Meryl/Charlie had with the totally different kind of lift that Tessa/Scott had.
    Quite honestly, I mean, VERY honestly, look at her on the FD rotational then. Let's look at all their rotationals, it's a fun and very illuminating exercise! Who controls her body better? Who is able to allow her partner to move her better mid-rotation? But, more importantly, who hits the better final position? Come on now. A little bit better?

Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Maybe i dont understand you. Do you thin this http://d2.yimg.com/sr/img/1/f95aa911...8-6c407bccaaf7 look wonderfull?

Honestly, V-M had "bigger" pattern. They had softer knees and easy move.
    But maybe judges like better, how D-W pattern go with the music.
    But V-M's curve lift goes with the music, the twizzles too. In fact, those two elements depend on the stakers' ability to hit music accents? But, who knows, Pani? What do we know anymore.

Hell, I am not even saying Virtue and Moir should've won Worlds, that's not what bothers me. What bothers me is how they were taken out of the race after the SD, what bothers me is how undermarked that brilliant FD was. That program was a freaking work of art, its very existence under the new system is incredible. And ice dancers will look back and watch that program and marvel at how amazing it was.
    Last edited by Golightly; 04-04-2013 at 11:12 PM.

vCash
    The funnist thing for me is, that in next season other teams will took parts from "Carmen" and will use it for there programs. Like this was with PF, Latin FD (even music was taking from there FD and twizzeles was made maybe by ten teams).
    But like we found this FD today isnt good enough. Sorry, maybe its matter, who skate this FD?
    I am bothering with 2 things.
    1. GOE for V-M pattern, wich was brilliant skate and they got this level 4.
    2. They lose in FD. And most ao all - NDP had higher on on the same level markes for choroe and transitions.
    I am not talking about overall victory at this WCh. But if its fair judging, why it fair only for V-M?
    Its hard now to understand, what judges want from them next season. I a sure for NDP V-M will get 8 fro choreo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Hell, I am not even saying Virtue and Moir should've won Worlds, that's not what bothers me. What bothers me is how they were taken out of the race after the SD, what bothers me is how undermarked that brilliant FD was. That program was a freaking work of art, its very existence under the new system is incredible. And ice dancers will look back and watch that program and marvel at how amazing it was.
    Allow me to for this post.

vCash
    For olympics all team and Marina will stay home and send greate photos to competition in Sochi Medal will come by mail

vCash

vCash
    Hello people. I have some videos that I don't think have been posted yet (thanks squintyfly). SRC version of the FD (the commentator's voice is totally trippy lol), interview right after the final results (interviewer lady rubbing salt in the wound), and another interview (I think after the SD).

ETA: Whoa! That's actually kinda crazy that we posted the same thing. Lol, wow I should have scrolled up a little bit before posting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Hello people. I have some videos that I don't think have been posted yet (thanks squintyfly). SRC version of the FD (the commentator's voice is totally trippy lol), interview right after the final results (interviewer lady rubbing salt in the wound), and another interview (I think after the SD).

ETA: Whoa! That's actually kinda crazy that we posted the same thing. Lol, wow I should have scrolled up a little bit before posting.
    Hahaha, within minutes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    Hahaha, within minutes
    Yea! Great minds think alike. Do you post on fanforum too?

Tessa mentioned starting the Olympic season early. Where do you guys think they'll go, Finlandia?

vCash
    Yea! Great minds think alike. Do you post on fanforum too?

Tessa mentioned starting the Olympic season early. Where do you guys think they'll go, Finlandia?
    When did she said this? I think Finlandia will be good competition for.the start. They could use Nebelhorn Throhy or B competition in USA.
    Look like Shibs now working in Texas with choreographer. Interesting to know, what VM are doing now.

vCash
    Or and Thornhill Throhy.

vCash
    SRC version of the FD[/URL] (the commentator's voice is totally trippy lol)
    That is absolutely hilarious and wonderful at the same time. The commentator is living every single step with them, I loved that!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    When did she said this? I think Finlandia will be good competition for.the start. They could use Nebelhorn Throhy or B competition in USA.
    Look like Shibs now working in Texas with choreographer. Interesting to know, what VM are doing now.
    In the first link pezazz posted, Tessa says there is something special about starting out the competitions a little bit earlier in the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    That is absolutely hilarious and wonderful at the same time. The commentator is living every single step with them, I loved that!!
    Lol his reaction during the rotational is the best.

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast