Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

vCash
    Just to back track a bit. I think Scott was "coaching" Tessa all through the dance. There were a few times I swear I heard Scott calling out to Tessa about doing something -- usually when she wasn't looking at him like in the twizzle section for instance. After him roaring, it doesn't surprise me at all.

I like the K/P analogy. I am hoping that something similar happens to V/M only I am hoping that the coaching change takes place earlier that 4 months prior to Sochi. That could put it just about the end of December? after the GPF?
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    No one complained much, really. I did hear some complaints from the Italians after the short dance, they agreed that it was too much a margin. They do certainly prefer the more artistic team, that much they said. But no one is going to say that they should've won, not on the air. It's more about what they don't say about the winner, though. But, no, no complaints at all, which is understandable.
    Thanks! Cant imaging how they were happy for Anna and Luca

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Just to back track a bit. I think Scott was "coaching" Tessa all through the dance. There were a few times I swear I heard Scott calling out to Tessa about doing something -- usually when she wasn't looking at him like in the twizzle section for instance. After him roaring, it doesn't surprise me at all.

I like the K/P analogy. I am hoping that something similar happens to V/M only I am hoping that the coaching change takes place earlier that 4 months prior to Sochi. That could put it just about the end of December? after the GPF?
    I could hear Scott too while they were skating.

4 months before Sochi would put it mid-October, bascially on the eve of the GP series. This would be like going to Finlandia, getting feedback, getting fed up and then leaving before SC or whatever their first GP is.

vCash
    Tessa's pedestal position was stunning wasn't it - the best she's ever done. I think what they were attempting to do with Carmen was to marry the old style dramatic dance with the new GOP and show that it could be done successfully. Tracy Wilson said at one point this season that the expression of the dance was interfering with their levels - one movement too far and the edge is lost. I think that Carmen would have still won the judges if Tessa hadn't been having leg/training issues. I loved their Carmen at Skate Canada even with the flaws; I also loved seeing the refinement they gave it at Worlds - but my preference was for the rawness of the original performance. I took Scott's comment about their being on a different level to mean that they were in a different headspace than the other dancers when it came to their goals - I don't think he was putting them above other teams at all. As usual people think the worst. It all makes them a fascinating pair to watch though. The way they connect with one another is unbelievable and never more apparent than in London.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    I think that Carmen would have still won the judges if Tessa hadn't been having leg/training issues.
    I don't think so. I think there is a bigger agenda at hand and a win by V/M this year didn't fit into that. They were never going to win this year. It wasn't going to be allowed to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    I could hear Scott too while they were skating.

4 months before Sochi would put it mid-October, bascially on the eve of the GP series. This would be like going to Finlandia, getting feedback, getting fed up and then leaving before SC or whatever their first GP is.
    Sochi is in February? Of course it's before Worlds, what on earth was I thinking?
    slinking off cause I'm feeling stupid yet again ...
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I'm finally catching up on the CBC stream coverage of the SD, and there were some cute moments between Tessa and Scott. Before they go out for the warmup, he says to her something like "I'm just going to hold your hand out there" and then gives her a one-armed hug while whispering something in her ear. And as they leave the ice from warm up, Tessa rubs his arm. More evidence of their constant support of each other!

vCash
    ofdarkness, I missed that!! Can you please post the link and the times where that happened? Sooo cute <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper88 View Post
    ofdarkness, I missed that!! Can you please post the link and the times where that happened? Sooo cute <3
    I'm assuming it's geo-blocked though, so I hope you're Canadian! http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...44601457&tab=3 at about 3:07:00 and the warm up shortly follows

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ofdarkness View Post
    I'm assuming it's geo-blocked though, so I hope you're Canadian! http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...44601457&tab=3 at about 3:07:00 and the warm up shortly follows
    thanks for that! and after he whispers into her ear "one step at a time". so sweet

vCash
    Watched it and loved it. These two melt my heart. They just keep getting cuter and cuter.

vCash
    I just watched the gala on my friend's 80" TV. They blew me away! I loved the way they seem so happy. I think they looked more genuinely joyous than I have ever seen them, even more so than after Olys, imo. Their love and concern for each other is emotionally overwhelming to me. I get to see them live at CSOI in Vancouver. I cannot believe how blessed I feel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    Scott says ( I believe) " let's do this, you and me. Let's not leave it on the table." Now the next thing is either " we're gonna go out there and reach the surface" or " we're going to go out their and destroy it." then “just you and me, eh? Here we go". Prior to that, Scott says " the only way we can do this is by taking it slow" . the Tessa says " just take our time".

As their getting ready to skate, Tessa says“were going to take our time?" Winks then they begin. I also see their mouths moving more than usual, probably because I've seen the FD so much!!! Especially before the combo lift with Tessa doing the shoulder stand.
    Nice to see he got the 'eh' in thereVery Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post

This just melted my heart because you could see how much Tessa was relying on him. When he was talking to her at the beginning, you could just see how she was taking in everything he was saying. And the fact that she asks him "we're going to take our time?" and he just keeps reassuring her, just gets me.
    Oh I know. First time I rewatched it I started tearing up at the beginning. It's sappy and crazy but they just have something so special, it's like they were 'meant to be'. Makes you believe in fate. As you say just 'melts your heart'.

Nice to hear about all the support they are receiving worldwide.

Sorry to hear about all the 'attacks' from some D/W 'fans'. They are quick to ridicule and accuse us then a few morons go and do this cause 'their' team won? Grow up. I'd never let them forget it either.

It's clear to me they aren't leaving Marina and I accept that because this is what they want. Do I wish she hadn't said what she said recently? Of course but I believe she does love them and does have their best interests at heart. It must be a very difficult situation for her at times. She has given them wonderful material to date, I've never been disappointed anyways. I believe she will do what she can to help them win but in the end it's not in her hands. I believe the problem for them is not her but the ISU/Judges(shocking I know since they've never been a problem before)and there is little they can do about it. They just need to go into this season and just be happy, enjoy and be at peace with whatever happens, like they did on Saturday. If they do this I know their performances will be out of this world and it will be the judges that will have to decide if they are really going to deny them again. If they do shame on them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    First time I rewatched it I started tearing up at the beginning. It's sappy and crazy but they just have something so special, it's like they were 'meant to be'. Makes you believe in fate. As you say just 'melts your heart'.
    Same here! I wasn't able to fully enjoy it watching it live because of my nerves. The second time, my eyes welled with tears from the emotion of it all. I also loved the hug after the EX, I could almost imagine Scott saying "come here, you!" The EX was fantastic as per usual - must be so cathartic for them.

I think I may have a breakdown during the Olympics because it'll be their last competition.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    Sorry to hear about all the 'attacks' from some D/W 'fans'. They are quick to ridicule and accuse us then a few morons go and do this cause 'their' team won? Grow up. I'd never let them forget it either.
    a d/w uber is harassing me rn as we speak

ANYWAYS
    I love tessa&scott/tatiana&maxim's friendship
    http://instagram.com/p/XA5J9sD_pt/
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 03-19-2013 at 03:09 AM.

vCash
    Every year they keep getting closer and closer, too. I am going to be a wreck at next year's Olympics (but i'm thinking they'll go professional and still do shows etc). Can't wait to see them at SOI this May!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    eutrepe is harassing me rn as we speak

ANYWAYS
    I love tessa&scott/tatiana&maxim's friendship
    http://instagram.com/p/XA5J9sD_pt/
    thanks for the photo! Tessa looks great!

vCash
    Thanks to Golightly, pani, and everyone else who provided translations and links. and tapper88, thanks for transcribing the pep talk. That was just so sweet. They have such a special relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    O, now i understand. But i agree with him about "Carmen", because he said - maybe they are not at our level yet and this is truth.
    Was they are on Delobel-Shocfelder level, when they skated "Frida", "Carnival"? On when Dusheney skated "Mission" first time? Thewy needed to skate it in next season, who judges gave them gold
    And honestly - i think every girl envil Tessa. Who didnt want to have a man, who will fight for you so much?

[...]
    I also took that quote to mean the judges weren't on their wavelength and didn't really understand the concept. And DelSchoes definitely came to mind for me this week, as well, in terms of the judges not rewarding the difficulty or the concept of their program.

and I agree, who wouldn't want such a supportive partner? and I know Tessa calms and comforts him as well (like at 2010 Worlds). That is a true partnership

Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    I'm just copying this over from the P/I thread. Skatingfan04 has posted it there, but it's mostly about V/M and Jennifer Swan. i don't know if it's been posted here before..

http://fantasiaandfugue.blogspot.ca/...-with.html?m=1
    Thank you, Pratfall!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    I thought I was being singled out as I got a rude private message from someone who I can only assume is a DWuber - I can't imagine why I got this message, I haven't even been a member of fsu for very long. Apart from it being cowardly and immature, is this acceptable behavior to DW fans? They should know that some of them are representing themselves in this way.
    volunteer, I am really sorry that happened to you. If you put that user on your ignore list, that should block their private messages as well as their posts. That's probably the most effective way to deal with nasty ubers as trying to reason with them does not seem to work.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Hey guys, on a positive note I was thinking - how about collecting all of the good things that different skaters/experts have said about V&M over the years? I ran this by iggie so she can post it on her blog.

pani and other posters from other countries, your help with foreign language articles would be greatly appreciated. I would be happy to search old threads for quotes (will work on this during the week).

If anyone can pop out some names that would help too... I know Navka, Zhulin, I&K, Domnina have said great things and I can't think of any others off the top of my head right now.

There have been so many and I would love having them in one place to read.

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast