Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Some pictures from the junior pairs test skate:

http://www.ffkm.ru/index.php/compone...tests13-14/333
    Davankova/Deputat

vCash
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/658_nina-moz...ya-trenirovka/

Nina Mozer says she didn't expect such media attention to the open practices yesterday, considering that IAAF World Championship is in Moscow right now, and it was unlikely that anybody would be interested in winter sports. Turns out there was more press than at Worlds. Says that the athletes are only 50% ready, they are just back from the summer camp in Italy, where they were working on physical preparation, practicing elements. Says Ksenia and Fedor are falling back a bit due to his injury, Tatiana and Maxim's programs are almost ready. With Vera and Yuri it is still work in progress, they are trying out new things.
    Says that for V/T Masquerade waltz was an immediate hit, it suits very well their big skating style, plus they wanted Russian music for home Olympics. The idea to take JCS for LP is a long standing one, it appeared when they all went to the Broadway show, were very impressed, and Maxim told that he wanted to skate to it for a long time.
    About Vera and Yuri: LP is also in Russian style, A. Borodin "Prince Igor", Polovtsian dance. For the short, they initially didn't want to change their old lyrical style, Igor Shpilband choreographed Chopin program for them, but it was unfinished, and Nikolai Morozov was supposed to clean it up, but instead came up with a completely different story [I believe they said it was supposed to be something like an old photograph coming to life]. Says that initially, Ludmila Vlasova was also shocked, but now they are trying to work it out.
    About Ksenia and Fedor: flamenco suits Ksenia's character, they went together to the contemporary flamenko show, and the idea dawned on them. The program was choreographed by Morozov and Oksana Grishuk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Davankova/Deputat
    What's wrong? Surely from photos you can't see if she was landing her jumps!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    What's wrong? Surely from photos you can't see if she was landing her jumps!
    I was referring to the height

there is not much height disparity when you compare them to Fedorova/Miroshkin and Vigaova/Zakroev

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    The highlights from the press-conference yesterday:

Trankov said he wanted to perform to the Jesus Christ Superstar since his teens
    That is something I never thought I'd hear Trankov saying.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Such a range of opinions on the JCS program so far

vCash

there is not much height disparity when you compare them to Fedorova/Miroshkin and Vigaova/Zakroev
    The Canadian junior pair who placed this year at junior worlds does not have the height difference as Fedorova/Miroshkin and Vigaova/Zakroev and yet they have done pretty well. I don't deny that bigger height differencewould be advantage but I wouldn't write Davankova/Deputat off yet.

vCash
    Maxim Kovtun (practice video) 3A-3T, 4T, 4S http://instagram.com/p/dCVkyaiBUO/#

vCash
    Video clip with Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rsD...HyScSYGFPMUtYA

vCash

Babilonia and Gardner had almost equal height. It didn't keep them from becoming a great pair.

vCash
    Kovtuns landing and clunkiness reminds me of Evan
    how tall is he now ?

vCash
    I have to correct myself, Stolbova/Klimov are not going back to "La Strada", the old program they are skating to for now is "Addams Family". I somehow mixed it up. Sorry, Jeschke!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    I have to correct myself, Stolbova/Klimov are not going back to "La Strada", the old program they are skating to for now is "Addams Family". I somehow mixed it up. Sorry, Jeschke!

oh noooo:

addams family is imo their weakest free skate; why not la strada or the polovstian dances? okay, can't change that, still will cross my fingers for this great team and sexy fedor

but thanks for your infos again eislauffan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Are they going to keep 'Addams Family' for the year or are they still planning on changing it? I really liked it but a change is fine to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Are they going to keep 'Addams Family' for the year or are they still planning on changing it? I really liked it but a change is fine to.
    They are planning to choreograph a new one when they meet up with Morozov in September.

vCash
    I can't access these links from work. Who are the skaters?

vCash
    Look who became U.S. citizens today! New York Daily News article and photos: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1429299
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Ksenia reperesented Russia but her parents the soviet union at the Olympics! I think it's factually wrong to say they all represented Russia.

vCash
    Ksenia looks much better in these pictures than on the ice. Perhaps she needs to repackage herself for competitions. I assume they have dual citizenship (Russia & USA), otherwise her comment "We will always be loyal to Russia....." would be ethically wrong. Ksenia spent more of her life in the USA. It makes perfect sense for her to become a US citizen. Can she qualify for the US nationals? I assume she will have to go through regionals, etc. So 2018 sounds like a logical goal for her.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast