Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

vCash
    Are Davankova-Deputat (sp?) still junior pairs? I didn't see their names in the list of JGP in post #888, which is for only 3 JGPs. Which ones are they in? IIRC she is too young to be a senior- am I correct?

vCash

vCash
    This open practice of the three pairs in Nina Mozer's school was really popular with the media! All pairs skated parts of their programs:
    Volosozhar/Trankov SP "Masquerade Waltz" and FS "Jesus Christ Superstar"
    Bazarova/Larionov SP "Charlie Chaplin" and FS "Polovetsian Dances"
    Stolbva/Klimov SP "Spanish Medley" and FS "La Strada" (but they plan to have new free skating during the season. They said they just didn't have time to do a new one yet, so they went back to this older program but made some changes to it)

There were about 15 TV teams and also written press, the press conferences (one for V/T and one for the other two) was followed by an interview marathon.
    The junior teams were not there as they are at the test skates in Novogorsk right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Are Davankova-Deputat (sp?) still junior pairs? I didn't see their names in the list of JGP in post #888, which is for only 3 JGPs. Which ones are they in? IIRC she is too young to be a senior- am I correct?
    They will skate juniors as they said before. They probably will be assigned to later JGPS. In this interview they talk about their new FS "Notre Dame de Paris". Andrei also had meniscus surgery. http://fsrussia.ru/news/653_vasilisa...r-dam-de-pari/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    This open practice of the three pairs in Nina Mozer's school was really popular with the media! All pairs skated parts of their programs:
    Volosozhar/Trankov SP "Masquerade Waltz" and FS "Jesus Christ Superstar"
    Bazarova/Larionov SP "Charlie Chaplin" and FS "Polovetsian Dances"
    Stolbva/Klimov SP "Spanish Medley" and FS "La Strada" (but they plan to have new free skating during the season. They said they just didn't have time to do a new one yet, so they went back to this older program but made some changes to it)
    thanks to you, this one saves my day. i loved s/k with this program; this was the program they got my attention; loved the circular double axels towars the end with the great entry. I'm happy to see another verison of this program with a hopefully grown pair

vCash

vCash
    Volosozhar/Trankov LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjh24r2r0L0 no jumps and lifts, more like just a 'skeleton' of an actual program
    (it's titled as a SP but it's their long)

I didn't like it at all
    Last edited by kapriza; 08-14-2013 at 06:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kapriza View Post
    Volosozhar/Trankov LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjh24r2r0L0 no jumps and lifts, more like just a 'skeleton' of an actual program

I didn't like it at all
    What I've seen from it today at the rink looked pretty much "standard" to me, so not innovative. However, they said themselves they still have a lot of work ahead of them. There will be more "flesh" and "muscles" to the "skeleton", to stay in your image. I'll withhold my judgement before I've seen a full run-through with elements, which will be probably at Nebelhorn Trophy in more than a month from now.
    The short program parts that I saw today looked more interesting to me. They really incorporate more dance moves into the program.

vCash
    I said it in the music thread, but V&T's LP is just last season's LP with the spin moved earlier in the program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    The music is jarring. I don't like it at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kapriza View Post

I didn't like it at all
    I don't care for the JCS music and the program is just a skeleton at the moment. It's too early to make any judgments on it, but I am disappointed with their choice of music.

vCash
    Why does everyone hate the JCS music? I quite like it. The program is not really there so nothing to say. V/T's strength has always been their clean elements and matching natural line, but if there is a vehicle for them to show any kind of grand emotion, it would be JCS. I can't even think of another piece of music that suits them better. If they were five years younger, some hardcore death metal would have been cool to see.

vCash
    I can't say I like any of the programs, they seem very generic with boring choreography. Many things we have seen before, not just in previous programs but from short to long program. Not much innovation but I hope they add and change things before the grand prix. I'm hoping S/S really has a showstopper.

Neither B/L or S/K look much better than they did last year even with the coaching change. I think S/K have the most promising program but it seems more suited to her than him. Also, if had had as much trouble with my jumps as Vera has, I would do them every time the program is performed.

vCash
    LOL two great skaters who never medal at a worlds get together and become world champions and become horrible wastes! LOL!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Is S&K's flamenco the same one from their first season senior?

B&L and V&T's programs look pretty generic, but it's hard to tell on practice ice, with no costumes, skating through parts of the choreo, and even with other skaters on the ice. I kind of wish I hadn't watched them because it's unfair to judge the programs based on that. I think Maxim Trankov, Superstar has some potential. Of course they end with her on the cross; did any pairs program to the Mission or JCS ever not do that?

Sure in some way I wish V&T were doing a big RUSSIAN number in the free but everyone freaking else is going to be doing it too, so it'll be different in that sense. Maxim can really bring the voids sometimes. I totally see him rocking the crown of thorns look. Voidiest Jesus since Averbukh.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by analia View Post
    Why does everyone hate the JCS music? I quite like it. The program is not really there so nothing to say. V/T's strength has always been their clean elements and matching natural line, but if there is a vehicle for them to show any kind of grand emotion, it would be JCS. I can't even think of another piece of music that suits them better. If they were five years younger, some hardcore death metal would have been cool to see.
    I like it too. My only complaint is that I start singing it a lot when I hear it and I'll have to clear my head after each event. People would complain no matter what they chose. Franikly, there are only a hand full of skaters that the music really makes much difference any more. Dai, skating to blues, is sexy as hell. Other music he skates to and he's just a good skater. Most other skaters could skate to anything and their programs pretty much look alike. Shrug. If they skate clean and execute the elements well, I'm good.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Does anybody knows what is going on with Gainetdinova & Bich?

vCash
    Some pictures from the junior pairs test skate:

http://www.ffkm.ru/index.php/compone...tests13-14/333

vCash
    The highlights from the press-conference yesterday:

Trankov said he wanted to perform to the Jesus Christ Superstar since his teens, wanted to do it last year. Both programs are choreographed by Morozov (as are B/L's and S/K's, except their old LP they are going to use early in the season, obviously). In the LP V/T portray Maria Magdalene and Jesus, in the SP - baroness Strahl and prince Zvezdich. They wanted to do a dancey short program, watched Domnina/Shabalin's and Pakhomova/Gorshkov's Masquerade, tons and tons of JCS videos when preparing their LP. V/T said they will compete in the team event, but only in the SP.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Some pictures from the junior pairs test skate:

http://www.ffkm.ru/index.php/compone...tests13-14/333
    There are some wonderful photos in this album. Many thanks for posting the link!
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast