Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    So, Russia would not release Lubov to France, but had no problems releasing skaters to Israel and Italy. I don't buy the citizenship argument at all and under COP we won't know what the Israeli and Italian jusges do.
    It is so unfair...poor Lubov. They also released Ovcharova ages ago, so it seems that Lubov is the only one who struggles to be released.

vCash
    repeated post
    Last edited by hanca; 05-16-2013 at 03:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I thought someone posted here a while ago that they split up after not very successful junior worlds?
    They did, but the FFKR made them reunite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    So, Russia would not release Lubov to France, but had no problems releasing skaters to Israel and Italy. I don't buy the citizenship argument at all and under COP we won't know what the Israeli and Italian jusges do.
    Lubov came out with a bunch of criticism of her coaches, more over she was trying to skate for France. A country that refused to release Jerome Blanchard to skate for Russia, he could only skate for Russia after sitting out 2 years. This sounds even more bad when France had a Russia born Olympic gold medalist in the form of Anissina.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Lubov came out with a bunch of criticism of her coaches, more over she was trying to skate for France. A country that refused to release Jerome Blanchard to skate for Russia, he could only skate for Russia after sitting out 2 years.
    Considering how Lubov coach spoke about Lubov to the media, I am not surprised that Lubov criticised the coach and the setting. It seems that she did not have it easy there. And Russian Federation would be partially responsible too, as someone who should be looking after the welfare of the skaters on their books. Don't they have something like duty of care?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    This sounds even more bad when France had a Russia born Olympic gold medalist in the form of Anissina.
    I would say Russia has only themselves to blame for the Gold medal they potentially lost; they misjudged Anissina's skills, talent and determination. I am sure that if they found her an acceptable partner, she would never go and skate for France. She was not looking for escape from Russia; it would be much easier for her to stay in Russia and receive all the support from the Russian Federation. But they did not offer her anyone and so she found a partner without their help.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    The Russian national team for 2013-14 was announced today: http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20130516/662415033.html
    Pairs: Tatiana Volosozhar / Maxim Trankov, Vera Bazarova / Yuri Larionov, Yuko Kavaguti / Alexander Smirnov, Ksenia Stolbova / Fedor Klimov, Lina Fedorova / Maxim Miroshkin, Julia Antipova / Nodari Maisuradze;
    Ice Dancing: Ekaterina Bobrova / Dmitri Soloviev , Elena Ilinykh / Nikita Katsalapov, Ksenia Monko / Kirill Khalyavin, Ekaterina Ryazanova / Ilia Tkachenko, Victoria Sinitsina / Ruslan Zhiganshin;
    Singles: Evgeni Plushenko, Maxim Kovtun, Konstantin Menshov, Sergei Voronov, Artur Gachinski;
    Adelina Sotnikova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Alena Leonova, Nikol Gosviyani, Julia Lipnitskaya.

ETA that the skaters listed above are called the "main part" of the national team.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-16-2013 at 09:23 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Gosviani made the national team

vCash
    I am surprised that Radioniova isn't there. Even though she isn't age eligible, Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva and Lipnitskaya were there even though they were not eligible. And Lina Fedorova / Maxim Miroshkin made it (although I think they are staying in juniors) so why not Radionova?

Well done Gosviani!

No Makarova (not surprising) and no Korobeinikova

vCash
    What age eligible skaters would have replaced sotnikova, tuktamisheva, lipnitskaia? I am sure Russia had so may juniors that they made them a part of the team because there was a lack of good seniors to make the team.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    "The main part of the Russian team" (which I take to mean Senior level competitors) is listed above - are Fedorova/Miroshkin planning to compete on Senior Grand Prix? Does this indicate that Elena Radionova and Anna Pogorilaya are returning to the JGP?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I am surprised that Radioniova isn't there.
    She is too young, I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    She is too young, I think.
    I'm almost positive that Lipnitskaya was listed even two years ago (and last year also I think) before she was old enough for senior championships

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Link to last season's Russian National Team (Senior, Junior, Novice & Reserve): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...Team-2012-2013

vCash
    What do they mean by National Team? Are these the skaters whose names are going to the ISU for GPs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I'm almost positive that Lipnitskaya was listed even two years ago (and last year also I think) before she was old enough for senior championships
    In every disciplines -except the pairs- there are 5 members. Maybe two years ago Julia could be 5th, but today the Russian has 5 good girls, who are older than Elena.

vCash
    no martiusheva/rogonov? junior team in and them out?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    no martiusheva/rogonov? junior team in and them out?
    Their fed may have given up on them. May be they can skate for another country?

vCash
    Considering how Lubov coach spoke about Lubov to the media, I am not surprised that Lubov criticised the coach and the setting. It seems that she did not have it easy there. And Russian Federation would be partially responsible too, as someone who should be looking after the welfare of the skaters on their books. Don't they have something like duty of care?
    Yes, her coach said she is obsessed with her weight and she does not eat enough. When Lubov criticised her coach and refused the offer of her federation of another coach and a partner, the chances of Russians releasing her was zero. Also, Lubov with a solid partner is threatening and can challenge a future russian pair. Unlike Ovcharova, Bariev and Shelepen, all three have struggled win under rotation and consistency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Their fed may have given up on them. May be they can skate for another country?
    you can not blame the fed, if they would finally have given up.
    but i doubt, they will get a host pick, too.

really sad, i totally love this couple, but being fan of them, it's hard to watch most of the times.
    i have always these problems with my fav skaters, remeber dytrt

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast