Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

vCash
    [QUOTE=Sylvia;3916952]I believe these 2 interviews indicate that Stepanova/Bukin plan to compete on the Senior Grand Prix this fall:
    Coach Alexander Svinin: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/10454.html
    Alexandra Stepanova: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/10457.html

Could someone translate please

vCash
    [QUOTE=nuge;3917324]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I believe these 2 interviews indicate that Stepanova/Bukin plan to compete on the Senior Grand Prix this fall:
    Coach Alexander Svinin: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/10454.html
    Alexandra Stepanova: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/10457.html

Could someone translate please
    don't have too much time, hope i understood it correctly.

s/b will try to compete in junior and senior competitions next season. this will be no problem for the free dance, which has to be shortend for the junior version of 30seconds. more problems were given with the short dances, because there are differnet short dances for juniors and seniors. finnstep for seniors is a very demanding dance, but they tried their best and get to like it. the quickstep as the junior short dance is no problem, an easy dance, according to their coach (who mentioned khkhlova/novitzki in regards that they won euros with the finnstep under his guidance).
    no words about the free dance music.

the decision to take part in junior and senior competitions was made after consulting the russian fed. they try to get them to world juniors again next season plus gaining experience in seniors competitions. the decision if the yskate senior gp will made in june (no clear word or i didn't understand it correctly).

she said she will be happy to compete with seniors, seeing new faces and they will surely fight for 2014 olympic spot, but the chances for making the team will not be the best. their main goal is set for 2018 olympics in pyeonchang and they will trey to improve and gain places year by year.

vCash
    Thank's Jeschke
    Can't wait to see them .
    K/N was one of my favourite Finnsteps !

YEAH!
    vCash
    Thanks Jeschke Sounds like a good plan. I wish they wouldn't use different patterns for juniors and seniors, but at least it sounds like they can use more or less the same dance and just swap out the Finnstep for quickstep... it's not like the difference between blues and yankee polka.

Can someone refresh my memory, what are the rules about going back to junior worlds after you've gone senior?

vCash
    I believe this is the last season a skater/team can do two GP events and then go back to JW. The rule for the 2014-2015 season onward says once a skater/team competes in two senior events (GP or International B), they are officially senior and can no longer compete in junior events.

Of course, a junior could compete in one GP, but that wouldn't make much sense as two JGPs would get more points and a spot in the JGPF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    I believe this is the last season a skater/team can do two GP events and then go back to JW. The rule for the 2014-2015 season onward says once a skater/team competes in two senior events (GP or International B), they are officially senior and can no longer compete in junior events.

Of course, a junior could compete in one GP, but that wouldn't make much sense as two JGPs would get more points and a spot in the JGPF.
    That sounds logical. The skater has to decide whether he/she wants to be a junior or a senior during the season.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    I don't believe this proposed rule passed at the 2012 ISU Congress? I skimmed ISU Rule 108 and only the new age rules for 2014-15 are included there.

ETA:
    Guaranteed 2 GP for placing top 12 at Worlds: Volosozhar/Trankov, Kavaguti/Smirnov, Bazarova/Larionov

Guaranteed at least 1 GP invite:
    Top 24 SB & WS: Fedorova/Miroshkin RUS (JGPF1/JW3)
    Top 24 SB only: Stolbova/Klimova RUS, Martiusheva/Rogonov RUS, Davankova/Deputat, Vigalova/Zakroev

Is it publicly known whether or not Fedorova/Miroshkin, Davankova/Deputat and/or Vigalova/Zakroev are all planning to stay junior internationally in 2013-14?
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-06-2013 at 06:46 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    K/N was one of my favourite Finnsteps !
    I don't know how it would stand up to key point scrutiny, but as performance, it was a delight.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    I don't know if this has been posted here already but here's the link to an interview with Pushkash & Guerreiro: http://www.figureskating-online.com/...guerreiro.html
    This quote is interesting: "And I think, also, our coach didn't want to do something extravagant, because it's difficult for him, he has to make so many programs and something different for everybody and we were the last ones to get our program this year, so a lot of his imagination was already used."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    I don't know if this has been posted here already but here's the link to an interview with Pushkash & Guerreiro: http://www.figureskating-online.com/...guerreiro.html
    This quote is interesting: "And I think, also, our coach didn't want to do something extravagant, because it's difficult for him, he has to make so many programs and something different for everybody and we were the last ones to get our program this year, so a lot of his imagination was already used."
    Lol imagine being in a position where you regret leaving linichuk!?! Lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    But he hasn't used his imagination in years!
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahshi Road to Sochi

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Lol imagine being in a position where you regret leaving linichuk!?! Lol!

If Morozov's "imagination" means another Ghost program then I'd say P&G were lucky...

vCash
    Yeah, considering what his top skaters get, imagine getting stuck with Morozov's scraps? Yikes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Yeah, considering what his top skaters get, imagine getting stuck with Morozov's scraps? Yikes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAb51ZkE4yA
    Maybe it'll be the figure skating equivalent of this gem

vCash
    Lyubov Ilushechkina on icepartnersearch.com: http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=4426

I guess it didn't work out with Kocon after all.

vCash
    Well, at least we know that she didn't give up. She is small and light, so she should be able to find a partner. And she hasn't competed internationally for a while so the Russian Federation will have to release her eventually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Well, at least we know that she didn't give up. She is small and light, so she should be able to find a partner. And she hasn't competed internationally for a while so the Russian Federation will have to release her eventually.
    She's a talented skater, hopefully she'll find a partner that is right for her.

vCash
    Is she open to a partner from any country (including Russia)? I hope she finds one. She is too talented to just end her career at such a young age.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    And she hasn't competed internationally for a while so the Russian Federation will have to release her eventually.
    Did the Russian Fed ever release Denis Petukhov? Or did his release come only because he became a US citizen?

The Federations can destroy careers with their waiting games.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Sorry, duplicate.

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast