Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

vCash
    Elena Ilinykh at 9 years skating singles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjp3YLIjV7I

wow she was great even at that age...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Elena Ilinykh at 9 years skating singles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjp3YLIjV7I

She was wonderful !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post

She is so adorable!

vCash
    Last edited by lala; 04-11-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Tatjana Flade just tweeted:
    "K. Menshov (RUS) dislocated his right shoulder in a fall on 3A. He was taken to hospital. So sad. Get well soon, Kostia!"

Menshov had landed his opening 4T+2T and 4T before falling hard on his 3A in his WTT FS earlier today and was forced to withdraw.

ETA Tatjana Flade's tweet from Japan on Saturday morning:
    "Update on K. Menshov (RUS): The shoulder was put back into place under anesthetic. Kostia was released from hospital and back in the hotel."
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-13-2013 at 03:43 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Too bad. Unfortunate way to end his great season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Tatjana Flade just tweeted:
    "K. Menshov (RUS) dislocated his right shoulder in a fall on 3A. He was taken to hospital. So sad. Get well soon, Kostia!"

Menshov had landed his opening 4T+2T and 4T before falling hard on his 3A in his WTT FS earlier today and was forced to withdraw.

"Update on K. Menshov (RUS): The shoulder was put back into place under anesthetic. Kostia was released from hospital and back in the hotel."
    Kostia at J-ambulance: http://twitter.com/kudryavkaaa/statu...553856/photo/1

vCash
    It was good to see him in the K&C. I wonder how long that sling will have to be worn.

vCash

vCash
    Alexei Yagudin: https://twitter.com/yagudinofficial/...39121452965888

"World Team Trophy! A unique opportunity to become a world champion for those who would never have been able to do that on their own!:-)"
    Last edited by quiqie; 04-13-2013 at 07:01 PM.

vCash
    I am so glad WTT is over if not just for the fact that Sot will no longer skate that crap she calls her long program. Good for her though for hanging on to beat Asada, Li and Osmond who all beat her at Worlds. Question: did any of her 3lutz3toes from this season get ratified at all? Maybe it's time to rethink her layout.

Poor Tuk - 2 subpar competitions in a row. I hope she rebounds next season with consistencies in both programs.

These two are probably the best bet for Russia for Sochi Olympics but I doubt they will have improved sufficiently to contend for medals in 10 months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post

"World Team Trophy! A unique opportunity to become a world champion for those who would never be able to do that on their own!:-)"
    I guess by extrapolation he is also dissing the Olympic team event?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I am so glad WTT is over if not just for the fact that Sot will no longer skate that crap she calls her long program. Good for her though for hanging on to beat Asada, Li and Osmond who all beat her at Worlds. Question: did any of her 3lutz3toes from this season get ratified at all? Maybe it's time to rethink her layout.

Poor Tuk - 2 subpar competitions in a row. I hope she rebounds next season with consistencies in both programs.

These two are probably the best bet for Russia for Sochi Olympics but I doubt they will have improved sufficiently to contend for medals in 10 months.
    Wasn't this their first world championship appearance? One year can change a lot. Tara Lipinski placed 15th at her first worlds (she had two falls in the SP; skated a great LP). I do think that Tuk in particular may have stamina issues over the length of the season, and she may need to pace herself throughout those 10 months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    It may be funny, but I also hope that it's nothing too serious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Thank you Sylvia! Good to know they only needed to relocate the joint and no further surgical intervention was necessary. However, I'm really sad for him - he was robbed by his own fed and this was his opportunity to shine! What a bad luck. Hope Menshov will make quick and even more important full recovery to next season.

Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    Thank you for the link!

"World Team Trophy! A unique opportunity to become a world champion for those who would never be able to do that on their own!:-)"

This attempt of trying to be funny is actually rather plain arrogant. He and Chan must have the same PR-trainer.

I think it’s good that she is going for it. I assume Sotnikova would not try without being capable to land that combo in practice. So the problem rather seems to be landing that combo in actual competition. Omitting it will not help her to solve this problem. The more she tries in competition, the bigger the chances are that she will eventually succeed. And you’ll probably don`t make it to Sochi without triple-triple in Russian Ladies. So basically she has no other chance anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Wasn't this their first world championship appearance? One year can change a lot. Tara Lipinski placed 15th at her first worlds (she had two falls in the SP; skated a great LP). I do think that Tuk in particular may have stamina issues over the length of the season, and she may need to pace herself throughout those 10 months.
    There is much more depth in Ladies now then back in 1996. The top 2 Ladies from the last Olympics will be there as will Kostner and other veterans like Suzuki and Wagner. Tara only had to really worry about Michelle back in her day.

vCash

"World Team Trophy! A unique opportunity to become a world champion for those who would never have been able to do that on their own!:-)"
    This is hilarious. I agree with Katarzyna that Yagudin's comment sounds kind of arrogant but I can't help laughing.

I guess by extrapolation he is also dissing the Olympic team event?
    Sort of. If I understood his tweets correctly, he has no real problem with WTT, it's a normal commercial project, he says. But he doesn't understand how the team competition ended up being included on the list of Olympic events. I remember Yagudin made a few sarcastic remarks in the past about the ISU awarding separate medals for the short program and the long program and wondered if they were also thinking of giving separate medals to the best spinners, the best jumpers etc at some point. Now I notice he reiterates that with respect to the Olympic Games.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Looks like Nina Mozer's pairs group plans to train in West Orange, New Jersey in May (additional World Team Trophy-related articles linked at the bottom of the page): http://news.sport-express.ru/2013-04-13/579573/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    I wonder what Yagudin would have said if Team Russia had won....
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    I wonder what Yagudin would have said if Team Russia had won....
    I don't think this has to do with who won, but who would have called themselves world champions... Imagine Russia won then Menshov and Kovtun would have called themselves world champions. I think Yagudin is more concerned about how others will easily overtake him on the world championship list.

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast