Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash
    Didn't see this posted anywhere but Ivan Bich and Camilla Gainetdinova have ended their partnership. She moved back to Moscow.

Sources fskate.ru and fsonline.ru.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemestone View Post
    Didn't see this posted anywhere but Ivan Bich and Camilla Gainetdinova have ended their partnership. She moved back to Moscow.

Sources fskate.ru and fsonline.ru.
    Oh no! Mind you, I found their performance at junior worlds disappointing. In 2012 they placed 11th at junior worlds (they were the lowest scoring pair from Russia), in 2013 they were 8th (again the lowest scoring pair from Russia). At the JGP they didn't do very well either, they were 4th and 7th and did not get to JGPF (whereas three other Russian pairs did get to JGPF and all three pairs medalled at JGPF). Their results wouldn't be bad for most other countries, but it is sort of underachieving for Russian junior pairs. It must have been hard to trying to get through Fedorova/Miroshkin, Tarasova/Morozov, Davankova/ Deputat, and Vygalova/Zakroev.
    Last edited by hanca; 03-19-2013 at 12:33 PM.

vCash
    the height similarities killed it
    won't be long before Davankova/Deputat follows they are plagued by injuries and she grew alot but I still love them

only Fedorova/Miroshkin are almost certain to not have height similarity problems

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    the height similarities killed it
    won't be long before Davankova/Deputat follows they are plagued by injuries and she grew alot but I still love them

only Fedorova/Miroshkin are almost certain to not have height similarity problems
    You never know. There are some pairs where the height difference is very similar to each other and they still are managing somehow. For example Zhang-Zhang (Chinese) were managing pretty well. (I know she did retire now - or was made to retire, but I wouldn't write a pair off only because Davankova grew. Deputat may have a group spur too...)
    Last edited by hanca; 03-19-2013 at 03:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    You never know. There are some pairs where the height difference is very similar to each other and they still are managing somehow. For example Zhang-Zhang (Chinese) were managing pretty well. (I know did retire now - or was made to retire, but I wouldn't write a pair off only because Davankova grew. Deputat may have a group spur too...)
    Deputat is turning 20, I doubt guys get growth spurt at that age

Miroshkin oth is still 18 and approaching 6 ft tall, Fedorova is only 4' inch something, can't get a height similarity with that

the Zhnags ended their partnership because she outgrew him
    I can see Wenjing Sui creeping into that too with midget Cong Han

vCash
    There is also some Canadian pair (I think they placed quite high in junior worlds) where they is no height difference nearly at all. I am not denying that having a height difference is an advantage, but there are pairs that are managing without.

vCash
    Gordeeva/Grinkova, Brezhenya/Sikhuralidze, Volosozhar/Trankov, Pang/Tong are just some, its easier to do elements when you have an ideal pair height
    you can easily get good elements , throws and better twists

Compare Purdy/Marinaro's triple twist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvQE7cYPtq4
    to Fedorova/Miroshkins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orSYE17XTPc

vCash
    As I said, I am not disputing that it is easier to do pairs when there is a big height difference. My point was just that some elite couples are not as lucky as having the height difference between them and they seem to be managing without. They may not be at the top of seniors, but Purdy/Marinaro can still do triple twist whereas a lot of pairs at senior level even with the height difference advantage can't do triple twist. So the height difference, although advantage, is not everything.
    Last edited by hanca; 03-19-2013 at 04:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Compare Purdy/Marinaro's triple twist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvQE7cYPtq4
    to Fedorova/Miroshkins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orSYE17XTPc
    Fedorova looks like a toddler compared to Purdy. I have a feeling F/M will out grow/seperate as do most juniors; that's the reason I barley watch pairs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Fedorova looks like a toddler compared to Purdy. I have a feeling F/M will out grow/seperate as do most juniors; that's the reason I barley watch pairs.
    could be but outgrow ? I don't think, she is 4'6 I don't think that will shoot to a 6 feet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lina_Fedorova
    Davankova was 13 when they were at junior worlds lat season sos he was bound to grow
    Fedorova is already 15, she is like Tuk who is naturally just short,

with that said of course Pairs break ups are not only because of outgrowing of a male partner

vCash
    not clear translation for google but on Vitaly Mutko: http://rsport.ru/blog_simonenko/20130318/651766037.html

Mutko says sending Kovtun was a mistake what an idiot
    that's what you get for giving in to Tarasova

vCash
    IMO their (RSF) goal was wrong. The goal should have been to get 2 spots for the Olympics, rather than giving Kovtun some experience. Sending Menshov instead of Kovtun to worlds would not have necessarily guaranteed the 2 spots but with his age & experience the odds would have been a little better. It's not good to make a 17 year old carry the burden.

vCash
    Seems like the goal was both. Send kovtun for experience and because he was so good in Jrs he could get two spots. In the articles posted everyone was talking two spots. They got too swept up in kovtun fever promOted by tarasova - "he must be put in display before the Olympics at worlds!!!! It's a guarantee he will be contending for the Olympic team!!!" his fifth at nationals has always meant nothing but should mean something!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    IMO their (RSF) goal was wrong. The goal should have been to get 2 spots for the Olympics, rather than giving Kovtun some experience. Sending Menshov instead of Kovtun to worlds would not have necessarily guaranteed the 2 spots but with his age & experience the odds would have been a little better. It's not good to make a 17 year old carry the burden.
    The official goal was always two spots, nothing else. It's after Kovtun failed to achieve it, Tarasova had a sudden amnesia, forgot all about two spots and started to claim that the goal was to give Kovtun more international experience. Mutko, however, did not forget about the two spots, that's why he called sending Kovtun a mistake in his interview.

vCash
    Team for WTT has been announced:

Konstantin Menshov, Maxim Kovtun, Adelina Sotnikova, Elizaveta Tuktamisheva, Tatiana Volosozhar/Maxim Trankov, Ekaterina Bobrova/Dmitri Soloviev

vCash
    Feeling mildly sorry for Voronov, but at least Menshov gets a shot.

I wonder how many red faces there would be if he again beats Kovtun...this time marked by international judges...

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Well, at least Menshov gets to go. Voronov should have been the other choice, IMO, but the loudness of TAT is apparently overwhelming. This surely can't be considered another "high pressure experience" BS thing for Kovtun.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Pluschenko writes in his twitter:
    It wasn't Patrick Chan who won the competition, but his federation! It's my opinion as a person who knows figure skating. Kudos to Joubert - what a fighter! Denis Ten won that championship!

Have a feeling Pluschenko has an alternative view on figure skating, on 2nd places etc....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Have a feeling Pluschenko has an alternative view on figure skating, on 2nd places etc....
    Or rather that he thinks a human Zamboni shouldn't be World Champion...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Or rather that he thinks a human Zamboni shouldn't be World Champion...
    Or he's just opening his big mouth again. Shut up and let your skating talk for you Plush.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast