Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    For those more mathematically-minded people, how far out of the WR list is Artur? If he gets 250 points from this event (I think that's what I understood from the Gosviani talk upthread), is that going to bring him further up the list? If he did another Senior B or two before the end of the season, could he possibly wriggle his way back into the top 24 or is he totally screwed in that regard?
    At least 92 points. His adjusted total would be 1359, and Nan Song has 1451, and that's if no one passed Song in the last senior B's. Gachinski would need to compete in another Senior B and place Top 5 to be guaranteed a GP spot.

I think the chances of him not being chosen are very small, though, because there are more spots than the exact number guaranteed: of 60 spots, 24 are guaranteed to the Top 12 at Worlds, who are 12 of the Top 24 SB, and #24 Chen isn't age-eligible. Only two spots are guaranteed to Top 24 WS who didn't also make Top 24 SB, and even if no host nations chosen their own skaters for their events, i.e., no Aaron, Dornbush, Miner, Abbott, Brown, or Farris for SA, no Chan or Reynolds for SC, no Yan or Song for CoC, no Amodio or Joubert for TEB, no Menshov or Kovtun for RC, and no Hanyu, Machida, Kozuka, Mura, Machida, Oda, or Takahashi for NHK, there would still be five spots of sixty left, if each skater got exactly what was guaranteed. Even if Lysacek took the "comeback skater" clause, there would still be three extras.

ETA: There are only three skaters in the Top 24 SB list who aren't from a GP host nation: Fernandez, D. Ten, and Brezina.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I think the chances of him not being chosen are very small, though,
    I don't trust the RuFed. I'm guessing the three CoR spots will be Kovtun, Voronov and Menshov.

If the RuFed don't pick him, can another country? (But then, probably no-one would. )

vCash
    I don't trust the RuFed. I'm guessing the three CoR spots will be Kovtun, Voronov and Menshov.

If the RuFed don't pick him, can another country? (But then, probably no-one would. )
    Actually, considering how badly he skated recently, he has got quite a high chance that other country will pick him; especially if they have medal contenders in men. They wouldn't want to pick someone who can deliver and steal the medal from their men.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Actually, considering how badly he skated recently, he has got quite a high chance that other country will pick him; especially if they have medal contenders in men. They wouldn't want to pick someone who can deliver and steal the medal from their men.
    Fair point.

vCash
    [QUOTE=quiqie;3890367]Which one of these?

http://fcp-press.ru/interview/p2_articleid/7065

This please .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    This please .
    The best members of Russian team will compete at the World Team Trophy that will take place in Tokyo, April 11-14. In ice dance, Russia will be represented by Ekaterina Bobrova and Dmitry Soloviev, World bronze medalists and European champions. Ekaterina Bobrova speaks about preparation to the last competition of the current season.

- You have already achieved all your goals for this season: won European championships, took the medal at Worlds. It's probably hard to find strength or motivation to prepare for another World Trophy?
    - In theory, we are preparing for the WTT. Right now, in fact, we are practicing steps and working on our new programs. But starting next week, we are going to concentrate on our programs. As for lack of strength, of course, we feel tired. That is why our coach Alexander Zhulin told us to skate for pleasure. This season was great for us, we did a good job, we can afford to relax and skate freely.

-You haven't considered skipping this event, to save time for recharging and working on choreography for the Olympic programs?
    -We have. We were 40% for skipping the championships in Tokyo, but 60% outweighed. We are always happy to represent Russia, especially since it will be our first WTT. And there will be team event at the Olympics as well. We need to understand what it is about and what it feels like.

-You are not concerned by the fact that the team event at the Olympics will precede the individual events?
    -Ice dancers have almost a week and a half between the two, so we are completely calm. In addition, there is a possibility for enter a substitute. The federation will decide who and when will skate at the Olympics. In any case, we will have enough time for rest.

-World Team Trophy will take place in Japan. Do you like this country?
    -We have been to Japan twice, and we liked it. Tokyo is an amazing city, completely different world. It will be very interesting to see it once again. There are great figure skating fans in Japan, they like Russian skaters. Many people are already waiting for us to come.

-Upon returning from Japan, are you going to start working on choreography for the new programs right away?
    -Yes. When we come back, we will start choreographing them. We already have some drafts and pieces. But so far, we have only tried to figure out if it's going to work or not. Next season is the Olympic season, and we have to be ready from the start.

-Are you planning something new for the Olympic season?
    -Yes, we want to create something interesting and unusual, something that no one ever has done. To make the audience stand up! We definitely won't do a 33d Carmen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by risto1803 View Post
    There is an information on Verner's forum that Stolbova/Klimov left Velkova. It looks like the want to go to Moser as well.
    I hope it's April Fool's...

vCash
    Senior Men's results at the Triglav Trophy:

1 Artur GACHINSKIY RUS 210.15 1 1
    2 Abzal RAKIMGALIYEV KAZ 182.20 2 2
    3 Daisuke MURAKAMI JPN 177.43 3 3
    4 Akio SASAKI JPN 172.45 4 4
    5 Osman AKG�N TUR 151.33 5 5
    6 Maurizio ZANDRON ITA 147.81 6 6
    7 Severin KIEFER AUT 139.84 7 7
    8 Kevin ALVES BRA 134.28 9 8
    9 Manuel KOLL AUT 126.14 8 9
    10 Josip GLUHAK CRO 114.40 10 10
    11 Fabriczio CARRILLO MEX 110.35 11 11

Artur's FS scored 138.51 (TES 71.67, PCS 66.84).

His protocol: 4T (+GOE), 3A-2T (+), 3A (+), 3Lz (0), FCSp4 (0), 3F(e) (-), StSq3 (+), 3Lo (+), 2A-2A-SEQ (+), 1T (-), CSSp2 (0), ChSt1 (+), CCoSp3 (+).

I'm not concerned about the spins or steps at this point, they weren't the major problem. I'm THRILLED that he landed a quad and two 3As in the LP and all of his other jumps (except the mystery 1T - is that a popped 4T?). I'm feeling very bright and happy right now! I know it's only a little event (does it even count as a Senior B?), but this is the sort of building block that he can use to get ready for next season.
    Well done to Artur. hope he can build on this

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I don't trust the RuFed.
    They don't have to assign him to CoR. They can politik for him to be assigned elsewhere. As a pick, he can be a dark horse, but I'm guessing he'll be assigned somewhere that Tuktamysheva is, so that Mishin can travel with them both.

IIf the RuFed don't pick him, can another country? (But then, probably no-one would. )
    Yes, he's top 75 SB and qualifies for a pick.

If S/K move to Mozer, too, then that will be plenty of direct competition for B/L in the same rink.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    --Are you planning something new for the Olympic season?
    -Yes, we want to create something interesting and unusual, something that no one ever has done. To make the audience stand up! We definitely won't do a 33d Carmen.
    meow

Bobrova could be diva potential afterall !
    Thanks quiqie

vCash
    I suspected it was the last sentence you asked to translate for

vCash
    Re-posting from the 2013 Triglav Trophy thread in Kiss and Cry:

Slovenian TV news report about the competition that features Gachinski and Mishin speaking in English! http://tvslo.si/predvajaj/pred-ekipn...va2.162665631/

Quote Originally Posted by chika3 View Post
    Question?

Nikol GOSVIIANY FS
    3F+3T, 3Lo, 2S, 3Lz+2T, 3F, 3T+2T

6 jumps? no axel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Good catch! In her Europeans FS she did a 1A as her 6th jump: http://www.isuresults.com/results/ec..._FS_Scores.pdf
    There should be a -1 deduction for not attempting an Axel, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by RFOS View Post
    No, there's no deduction, and if she only did 6 jump elements then they could all count (had she done 7 jump elements with no axel-type jump, the last one would have been thrown out).
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Translation
    Thanks for translating!

Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    meow

Bobrova could be diva potential afterall !
    Thanks quiqie
    And she won't reach her full diva potential until she dons her first headband.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Menshov is a classy guy. I hope he does great at WTT.
    I really started liking him this season Ė and not only for the skating, but also for being a good sports. Sure not many athletes would have been able to handle the way Russian Fed decided on sport for Euros and Worlds as classy as he did. I too keep my fingers crossed that he will do great.

Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    Nikol is only 16, so she is still eligible for the JGP. If she medals at two JGP events, makes it to the JGPF and medals there, that would give her over 500 points, and she could still earn more points by competing at two Senior B internationals (the ban on junior/senior events doesn't kick in until the 2014-2015 season).
    I donít think competing at JGP will help Nicole. At JGP she will compete with 13-14 years old pre-puberty jumping beans who will do triples-triple left and right from her. You can say Junior competitions are technically superior to seniors if you look at jumps landed there. So I think it will be a lot harder for her to get good results. I really hope Russian Fed will give her a chance to compete at Senior GP - it would be more than fair after they didnít let her compete at Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    If S/K move to Mozer, too, then that will be plenty of direct competition for B/L in the same rink.
    Like Shah I too hope itís April Fool's. I donít think itís a good idea for Mozer to coach V/T, on which she has to focus to some extent with the goal to win gold in Sochi and B/L and S/K as new pairs who should be build up as medal contenders for the next Olympic cycle. Thatís just too much!

vCash
    I believe Mozer is not the only coach there. Morozov is in the team and he was a great pair technician, and he certainly makes for a great technical coach. He has developed Trankov's lift and twist technique to the very highest possible level

vCash
    Pairs Injury news :
    "This week, on Thursday, Andrei Deputat will be made ​​elective surgery on his right leg due to damage of the meniscus... Last week, in training, during the execution of the triple jump Andrei landed badly... " according to his coach Sergei Dobroskokov in this article: http://fsrussia.ru/news/530_andrej-d...na-trenirovke/

ETA more via Google Translate: "In early June, we will go to the 20-day gathering of our team in Sochi... In August, we will train in Moscow on our rink. In late August, will start Junior Grand Prix, so you have to be prepared."
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-02-2013 at 12:44 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Re-posting from the 2013 Triglav Trophy thread in Kiss and Cry:

Slovenian TV news report about the competition that features Gachinski and Mishin speaking in English! http://tvslo.si/predvajaj/pred-ekipn...va2.162665631/
    Thanks so much, Sylvia! I think Mishin echoed everyone's thoughts when he said that he hoped the selections next season would be objective.

Loving the competition footage of Artur in the background too. That quad looked like just how he used to do them. Some interesting new spin positions in there too.

vCash
    I think Mishin echoed everyone's thoughts when he said that he hoped the selections next season would be objective.
    Like the Fed sending Menshov to Worlds if he wins Nationals? I really have trouble to believe they would, they didn't send Menshov to Worlds back in 2011 when he was 27, why would they want to send him three years later, is Menshov getting any younger?

Can't wait to see the Gachinski/Kovtun rivalry next season.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Gachinski has a nice voice.

vCash
    It's nice to hear them speak in english! They do it well too. I am looking forward to see how Artur does in the upcoming season. I really hope he does well!

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast