Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    How can Gosviani move up on the World Ranking list, if she doesn't get GP events? Will B competitions count? How many of them can count, is it limited, or the more she does the better?
    i think she can do as much as she want but only the 2 best b-competition results of one season are counting for world standings in this season
    . so if she wins triglav she gets 250 points, she could have one more b-competition this season, but I think most of the b-competitions are done.

next season she can do b-competitions too and in the best way win both, earning 500 points (250+250).

but maybe she is lucky as zhiganshina/gaszi who have done a hell of b-competitions few years ago (where they got no grand prix and international assignment) and they remained in judges mind and got positive scores.

vCash
    OK, so without GP events and Europeans and Worlds Gosviani can have max 500 points per season, through winning two B competitions.

So what about, let's say Pogorilaya, if she isn't sent to Europeans and Worlds, how else can she make up the points? (I am sorry for my lack of knowledge, if I knew where to find it, I would read it for myself, but because I don't know, I have to ask... ) How much can one earn from Worlds? and from Europeans? And from GP events? I am just wondering how much disadvantage it may be to Pogorilaya to perhaps have just one GP event instead of two, and not have Europeans and Worlds...

It seems to me like a closed circle - without having two GPs it may be hard to get high on Wolrd ranking list, but without being high on Wolrd ranking list you don't get two GPs...how can one work their way through, if they come from skating Federation that have many skaters and can't send all of them on GPs?

vCash
    Nikol Gosviani won Mentor Nestle Cup in January, but as a Junior, which doesn't earn ISU Ranking points. The last International B with a Senior Lady event is next week, Gardena Spring Trophy. But the entry deadline has long since passed.

Nikol is only 16, so she is still eligible for the JGP. If she medals at two JGP events, makes it to the JGPF and medals there, that would give her over 500 points, and she could still earn more points by competing at two Senior B internationals (the ban on junior/senior events doesn't kick in until the 2014-2015 season).

Even if she did compete in one GP event, she'd be unlikely to medal, so she'd earn less points than winning a JGP event. She'd still have to do two B events to add more points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    OK, so without GP events and Europeans and Worlds Gosviani can have max 500 points per season, through winning two B competitions.

So what about, let's say Pogorilaya, if she isn't sent to Europeans and Worlds, how else can she make up the points? (I am sorry for my lack of knowledge, if I knew where to find it, I would read it for myself, but because I don't know, I have to ask... ) How much can one earn from Worlds? and from Europeans? And from GP events? I am just wondering how much disadvantage it may be to Pogorilaya to perhaps have just one GP event instead of two, and not have Europeans and Worlds...

It seems to me like a closed circle - without having two GPs it may be hard to get high on Wolrd ranking list, but without being high on Wolrd ranking list you don't get two GPs...how can one work their way through, if they come from skating Federation that have many skaters and can't send all of them on GPs?
    to answer your questions about the points, it's detailed listed here, for juniors and seniors

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/pa...v-list,00.html

read the isu communication 1629

on page 5 the points are listed.

enjoy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    to answer your questions about the points, it's detailed listed here, for juniors and seniors

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/pa...v-list,00.html

read the isu communication 1629

on page 5 the points are listed.

enjoy
    Thank you!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    Nikol Gosviani won Mentor Nestle Cup in January, but as a Junior, which doesn't earn ISU Ranking points. The last International B with a Senior Lady event is next week, Gardena Spring Trophy. But the entry deadline has long since passed.

Nikol is only 16, so she is still eligible for the JGP. If she medals at two JGP events, makes it to the JGPF and medals there, that would give her over 500 points, and she could still earn more points by competing at two Senior B internationals (the ban on junior/senior events doesn't kick in until the 2014-2015 season).

Even if she did compete in one GP event, she'd be unlikely to medal, so she'd earn less points than winning a JGP event. She'd still have to do two B events to add more points.
    she is leading in the SP of Trianglav Trophy hold this week. Tomorrow the free skate. If she win, she get the 250 points for this event

vCash
    She's age eligible for JGP, but can she do that in 13-14 after competing at Euros in 12-13? I'm sure this question has been answered a million times since the rule change. Sorry - I can't keep it straight!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    She's age eligible for JGP, but can she do that in 13-14 after competing at Euros in 12-13? I'm sure this question has been answered a million times since the rule change. Sorry - I can't keep it straight!
    I think she can. The rules will change after Olympics, not before. The problem is not that she can't; the problem is that Russian Federation may not send her to JGP. They have far too many young Russian girls coming just to the age eligible for JGP. Sakhanovitch, Medvedeva, Ogoreltseva, Sotskova, Proklova... I think Russian juniors have more competition for JGP places among themselves than Russian seniors. (and that's assuming that Pogorilaya and Radionova will move to the senior GP)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    Gosviani is #32 on the Seasons Best list. After the old data is removed/reduced, Gosviani would be in the mid-70s on the World Ranking list; if she wins Triglav, she would move up to the mid-50s on WR. So she is not guaranteed any GP assignments. She could get a CoR host pick and hope for a substitute slot.

Leonova will be in the top 10 on the WR list after the data purge, so she is guaranteed at least one GP slot, and she could get two (she's #25 on SB).

Bear in mind that Gosviani's Euros score would have placed her 16th at Worlds, lower than Leonova at 13th. Also, International B scores tend to be a lot higher than ISU Championship scores.
    I know, I know. I more meant I hope she gets a host spot or something. I know she doesn't have great odds to get an event other ways. And Leonova's scores are still higher, and obviously the World Standings where she did so well the season before, however, I feel Leonova's marks this season were generous and too high for the way she was skating and think she just got reputation scoring because she won World Silver. Gosviani meanwhile had no international reputation so given that, her scores are pretty promising. I know Leonova will likely get 2 GPs regardless of doing so poorly this season because of all that I just mentioned, and I know except for a host spot there isn't much that can be done to change the outcome of the GP selection anyways. I more just hope we get to see Nikol at COR at least. I think there is a good chance she could get the host pick too, with Shelepen gone, Korobeynikova not having done very well this season, Biryukova being constantly injured and really not skating well at any events during the season, Agafonova not having made Nationals and only having one international this season, etc. It may depend on Radionova and Pogorilaya and what they decide in regards to GP/JGP.

Also as to whoever was asking about Pogorilaya's WS, she actually picked up quite a fair bit of points from her 3rd and 1st places on the JGP, then 3rd at JGPF and JW. So next season she could still build up her standing more if she stays on the JGP, and if she moves up to the GP, she may only get 1 event but I think there is a chance she could get 2, especially b/c if she does move up she'd probably be one of the favorites for a host pick with her high international scores and placement at Russian Nats (everyone else who has scored higher at ISU events or placed higher at Nationals and is old enough for the GP is fairly certain to get 2 GPs and thus not need a host spot), and regardless of 2 or 1 GPs, the Fed would likely send her to some B competitions in the fall like they did with Shelepen, Korobeynikova, Zazeeva, and even Sotnikova this season.

vCash
    Senior Men's results at the Triglav Trophy:

1 Artur GACHINSKIY RUS 210.15 1 1
    2 Abzal RAKIMGALIYEV KAZ 182.20 2 2
    3 Daisuke MURAKAMI JPN 177.43 3 3
    4 Akio SASAKI JPN 172.45 4 4
    5 Osman AKG�N TUR 151.33 5 5
    6 Maurizio ZANDRON ITA 147.81 6 6
    7 Severin KIEFER AUT 139.84 7 7
    8 Kevin ALVES BRA 134.28 9 8
    9 Manuel KOLL AUT 126.14 8 9
    10 Josip GLUHAK CRO 114.40 10 10
    11 Fabriczio CARRILLO MEX 110.35 11 11

Artur's FS scored 138.51 (TES 71.67, PCS 66.84).

His protocol: 4T (+GOE), 3A-2T (+), 3A (+), 3Lz (0), FCSp4 (0), 3F(e) (-), StSq3 (+), 3Lo (+), 2A-2A-SEQ (+), 1T (-), CSSp2 (0), ChSt1 (+), CCoSp3 (+).

I'm not concerned about the spins or steps at this point, they weren't the major problem. I'm THRILLED that he landed a quad and two 3As in the LP and all of his other jumps (except the mystery 1T - is that a popped 4T?). I'm feeling very bright and happy right now! I know it's only a little event (does it even count as a Senior B?), but this is the sort of building block that he can use to get ready for next season.

vCash
    Any videos of his skates? I think that he is so promising and hope that he does amazing next season!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Senior Men's results at the Triglav Trophy:

1 Artur GACHINSKIY RUS 210.15 1 1
    2 Abzal RAKIMGALIYEV KAZ 182.20 2 2
    3 Daisuke MURAKAMI JPN 177.43 3 3
    4 Akio SASAKI JPN 172.45 4 4
    5 Osman AKG�N TUR 151.33 5 5
    6 Maurizio ZANDRON ITA 147.81 6 6
    7 Severin KIEFER AUT 139.84 7 7
    8 Kevin ALVES BRA 134.28 9 8
    9 Manuel KOLL AUT 126.14 8 9
    10 Josip GLUHAK CRO 114.40 10 10
    11 Fabriczio CARRILLO MEX 110.35 11 11

Artur's FS scored 138.51 (TES 71.67, PCS 66.84).

His protocol: 4T (+GOE), 3A-2T (+), 3A (+), 3Lz (0), FCSp4 (0), 3F(e) (-), StSq3 (+), 3Lo (+), 2A-2A-SEQ (+), 1T (-), CSSp2 (0), ChSt1 (+), CCoSp3 (+).

I'm not concerned about the spins or steps at this point, they weren't the major problem. I'm THRILLED that he landed a quad and two 3As in the LP and all of his other jumps (except the mystery 1T - is that a popped 4T?). I'm feeling very bright and happy right now! I know it's only a little event (does it even count as a Senior B?), but this is the sort of building block that he can use to get ready for next season.
    Very good building block. Hopefully he can continue upward. The 1t had to be 3T because he's done 3t solo jumps that late.

vCash
    Triglav Trophy other results (no videos have surfaced yet):

Sr. Gold: Nikol Gosviani 156.72, 98.99 FS - 3F+3T, 3Lo, 2S, 3Lz+2T, 3F fall, 3T+2T (-1.4)
    Sr. Bronze: Polina Agafonova 145.04, 94.55 FS - 3Lz< (-1.87), 3S+3T< (-0.47), 3F(e)<<(-0.9), 2A, 2A, 3S+2T, 3T+2T

Jr. Gold: Elena Radionova 172.77, 110.43 FS - 2Lz+3T, 3F, 3F+1Lo<(half loop)+3S< (-1.4), 3Lz, 2A, 2A, 3Lo+2T
    Jr. Gold: Alexander Petrov 192.97, 126.41 FS - 3A, 3A+2T, 3Lz+3T, 3Lz, 3F(e), 2S+2T+2Lo, 2A, 2Lo
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post

Congrats to Artur to not have a free program meltdown....it's progress, and progress in actual competition, even if it is a minor event (yes, I think it does count as a Senior B). I would think that the mystery 1T is a popped 3T rather than quad, based on it looking to be the last jump of the program....I don't think he would be putting a 4T that late.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Good for Artur! I hope this is the beginning of his comeback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    ... It may depend on Radionova and Pogorilaya and what they decide in regards to GP/JGP.

they can't move up. The new rool had only one exception for Lipinskaya, to allow her to get to seniors experience before Olympics

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    they can't move up. The new rool had only one exception for Lipinskaya, to allow her to get to seniors experience before Olympics
    Pogorilaya is old enough for all senior competitions next season, so I think she can move up. She turns 15 in one week (DOB: 04/09/1998), so that's well before the July 1st deadline, so if she is old enough for Euros, Olympics, Worlds, she will also be old enough for senior GP. Radionova will not be old enough for senior ISU championships next season, but I thought the rule making the age cutoff the same for the GP and ISU championships wasn't going into effect until after the Olympic season? Either way, Pogorilaya is unaffected by age, though she might be on the JGP again anyways, but if she is, it would not be because of age restrictions.

Happy for Nikol and Artur, also nice to see them land the big jumps. How come Nikol does not do 3f-3t in her SP? It seems as though she is quite solid with that combo this season, and it would get her more points in the SP. Are her 3lz and 3lo unstable or something?

vCash
    There is an information on Verner's forum that Stolbova/Klimov left Velkova. It looks like the want to go to Moser as well.

vCash
    For those more mathematically-minded people, how far out of the WR list is Artur? If he gets 250 points from this event (I think that's what I understood from the Gosviani talk upthread), is that going to bring him further up the list? If he did another Senior B or two before the end of the season, could he possibly wriggle his way back into the top 24 or is he totally screwed in that regard?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Could someone translate Bobrova's interview pretty please
    Which one of these?

http://fcp-press.ru/interview/p2_articleid/7065

http://www.bolshoisport.ru/articles/...odhode-trenera

http://www.sport-express.ru/newspape...8_1/?view=page

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast