Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I doubt it. They don't care where the medals come from, as long as there is a medal. As soon as B/S don't deliver, they will be replaced as number one.
    I'm hoping Stepanova/Bukin are going to be the next big Russian dance pair .Although I do like B/S but I don't like their programmes Same with I/K .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    I'm hoping Stepanova/Bukin are going to be the next big Russian dance pair .Although I do like B/S but I don't like their programmes Same with I/K .
    I don't like I/K's programs either, but it may change if they were to leave Morozov sometime after Sochi (which is not impossible, since Ilinykh and Morozov splitting is not impossible either). I personally am not ecstatic about Stepanova/Bukin's programs and image/costumes either. They are decent, but quite old fashioned in a very Russian way. Not that much better than Bobrova/Soloviev before Zhulin. I have nothing against 'Bolero', for instance, but the choreography and the costumes... Not terrible, of course, but could be more contemporary. I will wait for Bobrova/Soloviev's new programs to decide if I really trust the direction that Zhulin is leading them in, but currently I really wish them success (probably not over Pechalat/Bourzat, though, especially if they too have good programs which it looks they will have).

vCash
    Although I prefer I-K to B-S, I have to say that I actually liked this year's B-S's program. Nothing old fashioned about them now.

vCash
    Pluschenko twitted he is back from Israel (he went 2 days ago) and the doctor gave his OK to start jumping on the ice.

vCash
    ha-ha....Go Zhenya, go!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Pluschenko twitted he is back from Israel (he went 2 days ago) and the doctor gave his OK to start jumping on the ice.
    Let the insanity begin. *covers eyes*

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Lord, I hope it's worth it. I'd hate to think of him crippled in pursuit of a medal.

vCash
    They must have done some major stress tests on the disc beforehand I'm sure but did they have him jump on the ground?

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Some pics from Moscow and St. Petersburg on our homepage:
    http://www.figureskating-online.com/...in-russia.html
    Great pictures, thank you very much Nice to see Alexander Uspenski is still involved in skating. I loved him back then when he was still competing.
    Last edited by Moka-Ananas; 06-13-2013 at 11:36 PM.

vCash
    Why do you laugh, Lala?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by libra55 View Post
    Why do you laugh, Lala?
    I think, some people understand why I'm laughing. For purposes of explanation, a Plushy's quote, before Vancouver:
    "Многие спешили меня списать со счетов. Но уверяю: меня никто не спишет, если я сам не захочу".

"Many people have tried to write me off, but I can assure them, no one would write me off, if I do not want."
    I just hope, I could translate his thought. If anybody can translate better, do it, please.

vCash
    I really hope Plushy can stay healthy, and compete at the 2014 Olympics, regardless of where he places. The crowd reaction when he takes the ice is going to be incredible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I really hope Plushy can stay healthy, and compete at the 2014 Olympics, regardless of where he places. The crowd reaction when he takes the ice is going to be incredible.
    I agree!

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post

"Many people have tried to write me off, but I can assure them, no one would write me off, if I do not want."
    Well, I wouldn't laugh at such Plushy's quote, as he is already jumping impeccable tricksels - just after 4 days of ice training in Pinzzolo!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Lord, I hope it's worth it. I'd hate to think of him crippled in pursuit of a medal.
    I don't think he is trying to get another medal. He loves to compete and the Olympics are in his home country. What happens to his body is really his choice, no one else's.

vCash
    Has Russia announced their GP assignments yet?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Last season, USFS TBA's were published mid-August. The rest were published from 29 August-4 September.

There's a deadline sometime in August -- it's shifted from the beginning to mid-August -- by which time the Federations have to confirm the initial selections, although they can announce withdrawals before then. Then they have a couple of weeks to announce the TBA's, although in some prior seasons, the French Federation announced only after a later internal competition, 10 October for the 2011-12 season, for example.

There were several withdrawals/replacements before/at the confirmation deadline: Contesti's retirement, Marley/Brubaker's split, and Kostner's withdrawal, which caused earlier churn than usual. Later there were Dube/Wolfe's split and Ando's withdrawal, aside from injury withdrawals.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Does anyone know when there are Russian test skates? If I remember correctly, last year some started already in August, or was it in September? (I thought because they had to decide who get the JGP and first JGP is at the end of the August, it if I recall right it starts quite early). Getting impatient for the season to start!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Does anyone know when there are Russian test skates? If I remember correctly, last year some started already in August, or was it in September? (I thought because they had to decide who get the JGP and first JGP is at the end of the August, it if I recall right it starts quite early). Getting impatient for the season to start!
    There are two test skates, the earlier one in August for juniors and the later one for seniors, usually in mid September. As far as I know this year the Fed will hold a training camp in Sotchi starting in August (end of August IIRC) that includes the test skate in early September. There was speculation that these Olympic season test skates in Sotchi will be not open to the public or even media.

vCash
    Thank you Eislauffan. Do you when when in August is the one for juniors? Will it be open to public?

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast