Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

vCash
    Wow, Smirnov looks bad. The blonde on it's own, I could've gotten used to. But that perm (or whatever you wanna call it) is pretty horrifying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Video interview with Yuko Kawaguchi/Alexander Smirnov, including comments on his hairstyle. ;-) In Russian, but English translation is provided: http://www.figureskating-online.com/...i-smirnov.html
    Thanks! But I don't think I like it more...

vCash
    Yuko is hilarious!! "do you like the hair?" "everything has its positives"! Lol

Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas;3h30985
    Gordi Pots is with Rukavitsin now? I thought he had switched to Pairs?
    He was in pairs but switched again. He's been in Rukavitsyn group for months now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemestone View Post
    He was in pairs but switched again. He's been in Rukavitsyn group for months now!
    Why is Gordei Gorshkov known as Gordi Pots?

I wish him well. Was extremely impressed when he was coached by Urmanov - in fact, his skating reminded me a lot of Urmanov. Smooth, elegant and ARTISTIK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemestone View Post
    oh i was so happy to see gordei doing pairs.

i really liked him i the junior circuit, he is great on the ice. hope he could fix his jumping issues and bouncing back in seniors!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvster View Post
    Why is Gordei Gorshkov known as Gordi Pots?

I wish him well. Was extremely impressed when he was coached by Urmanov - in fact, his skating reminded me a lot of Urmanov. Smooth, elegant and ARTISTIK
    "Gordi Pots" came from a google translate of his name AFAIK. The Russian word горшок (gorshok) means "pot" in English.
    I actually saw him today! I went to an ice rink in St. Petersburg to meet Konstantin Menshov for an interview (video interview will be coming soon after I translated it) and Gordei was also on the ice. They have time off now, they are not training, but they are coaching a little bit. At first I didn't recognize Gordei, he has really grown up. I thought he was too short for pairs, but he wasn't short at all, especially compared to Konstantin. I didn't have the opportunity to talk to him, but I heard from others that he didn't really enjoy pairs (he was trying out with Polina Agafonova). They are now both in Evgeni Rukavicin's group.

vCash
    Does anybody know if there is an official confirmation that Pushkash & Guerreiro left Morozov to join the group of Krylova and Camerlengo?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    Does anybody know if there is an official confirmation that Pushkash & Guerreiro left Morozov to join the group of Krylova and Camerlengo?
    On her sprashivai account Pushkash said that Krylova & Camerlengo are doing their programs & they will be training with them until at least the end of August.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    On her sprashivai account Pushkash said that Krylova & Camerlengo are doing their programs & they will be training with them until at least the end of August.
    Thank you. Great news!!!

vCash
    That sounds great!

vCash
    Thanks eislauffan for the explanation re gordi pots. Just a shame that with the mens field being so competitive the chances of seeing mr pots competing on the international scene are v slim.

vCash
    The video interview with Konstantin Menshov is now available on figureskating-online com: http://www.figureskating-online.com/...n-menshov.html
    An English translation is provided.

vCash
    My first thought was maybe Kavaguti & Smirnov were doing some kind of tribute to "General Hospital's" Luke & Laura

vCash
    So no injury to Makarova, just skipping this season? I wonder what her plans are.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Ksenia Makarova's coach, Evgeni Rukavitsin, has said in interviews that she will miss the season due to injury.

ETA link to the recently translated Zhulin interview in case anyone missed it: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ew-with-Zhulin
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-02-2013 at 04:01 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Quadless
    vCash
    I'm bummed about Makarova.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Radionova and Pogorilaya each got 2 GPs, Gosviani none, although there is an open host spot at COR that she will probably get unless Korobeynikova kills it at her early season comps or 1st GP and they want to give her a second. It's gonna be so interesting to watch this season, it almost seems like a new field of skaters entirely with Makarova out, Shelepen skating for Israel, Biryukova not being on the GP, the young girls moving up, and now Tuk and Sot seeming like veterans at the age of 16/17. So exciting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Radionova and Pogorilaya each got 2 GPs, Gosviani none, although there is an open host spot at COR that she will probably get unless Korobeynikova kills it at her early season comps or 1st GP and they want to give her a second. It's gonna be so interesting to watch this season, it almost seems like a new field of skaters entirely with Makarova out, Shelepen skating for Israel, Biryukova not being on the GP, the young girls moving up, and now Tuk and Sot seeming like veterans at the age of 16/17. So exciting.
    How did the current 6th place finisher at Euros not trump the 4th place finisher from 2 years ago? Is it the rankings? Polina K was very subpar at her GPs last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    Wow, Smirnov looks bad. The blonde on it's own, I could've gotten used to. But that perm (or whatever you wanna call it) is pretty horrifying.
    This was all to distract the judges (and fans) from her shoulders and lines.

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast