Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Where has Vasiliev been for the last few years?
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    ^^^ Chicago area, I think?

Re-posting these Anna Ovcharova videos from the 4/25/13 Geneva show thread:
    Exhibition version of her "Memoirs of a Geisha" FS (originally choreographed by Salomé Brunner): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaTFEpG4py0
    "Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9qlkW8ghZ0
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    If moskvina retires after Sochi there's going to be tons of business available in pairs! Might as well move to at petersberg now and start your business! Singles is interesting! What's he done in the singles arena?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Photo shoot and interview with a glamorous-looking Adelina Sotnikova: http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/allresp/452986.html
    Thank you for this article Sylvia!

Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    If moskvina retires after Sochi there's going to be tons of business available in pairs! Might as well move to at petersberg now and start your business! Singles is interesting! What's he done in the singles arena?
    Looks like Vasiliev chose a good time for moving back to Russia! Regarding singles he coached Victoria Volchkova for 1 or 2 years after SLC OG and Fumie Suguri as well for a short while (the latter one, however, not very successfully ).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Oleg Vasiliev is moving to St. Petersburg and will be coaching pairs and singles there accordring to baltinfo
    That will be great for Russian pairs. He did a great job with T&M.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarzyna View Post
    Thank you for this article Sylvia!

Looks like Vasiliev chose a good time for moving back to Russia! Regarding singles he coached Victoria Volchkova for 1 or 2 years after SLC OG and Fumie Suguri as well for a short while (the latter one, however, not very successfully ).
    Fumie and viki may provide him with some Credibility for the large amount of girls who are around now and may be looking for changes. It may not even be about moskvina retirement potentially but all the girls. Imagine if vasileiv moved to st p and Liza went to him? Lol.

vCash
    My impression is that he expected Stolbova/Klimov to swith to his group and perhaps make it to Sochi. He mentions in that article he'd be working towards 2018 since he can't do much in a couple of months left before the 2014. However, if the speculations are right and the figure skating funding is sky high before the olys I doubt it will be the case after. In the past Vasiliev voiced his reluctance to come back with the lack of fundung in Rusiia. Am really curius what had st.p. federation to offer him....

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    So are there any news on Pushkash/Guerreiro and as to why they were not mentioned in the Morozov article about the preparation for next season?

vCash
    Good question. Have they split up?

Or are they thinking of competing for Australia? AFAIR, O'Brien & Merriman are retiring post Sochi.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post

Or are they thinking of competing for Australia? AFAIR, O'Brien & Merriman are retiring post Sochi.
    would be a smart move since they most likely won't make it out of Russia anyway with the competition they have there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Are they actually Australian? We're not THAT easy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Are they actually Australian? We're not THAT easy.
    He was born in Sydney, lived there until 2005 and has dual citizenship, but he's been competing internationally for Russia since 2006.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    He was born in Sydney, lived there until 2005 and has dual citizenship, but he's been competing internationally for Russia since 2006.
    Claimed, then.

vCash
    As far as I know, Guerreiro's father is portuguese and Portugal makes it easy for those with portuguese parents. It's the jus sanguinis criteria. He would have no trouble. Ekaterina, on the other hand, would probably have to wait two years. So in case Russia and Australia aren't an option, they can try to skate for Portugal.

vCash
    A long interview with Irina Slutskaya
    http://www.tvc.ru/bcastArticle.aspx?...1-aa1b90279167

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavla2304 View Post
    A long interview with Irina Slutskaya
    http://www.tvc.ru/bcastArticle.aspx?...1-aa1b90279167
    Thanks! Would someone like to start a new thread for this 65-minute TV interview and summarize the highlights?

Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    As far as I know, Guerreiro's father is portuguese and Portugal makes it easy for those with portuguese parents. It's the jus sanguinis criteria. He would have no trouble. Ekaterina, on the other hand, would probably have to wait two years. So in case Russia and Australia aren't an option, they can try to skate for Portugal.
    Except that Portugal is not an ISU member.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks! Would someone like to start a new thread for this 65-minute TV interview and summarize the highlights?
    Yeah, i would like to know some interesting highlights as well. I understood just little bit Maybe, we can find some kind FSU soul:-)

vCash
    I've posted the results from this past weekend's Rostelecom Crystal Skate in Moscow for Advanced Novice singles and dance in the Kiss and Cry forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...singles-dance)
    I haven't looked for videos - are there any posted?

vCash

Except that Portugal is not an ISU member.
    lol

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but I think there was a girl named Giovanna that competed for Portugal in juniors a couple of seasons ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    lol

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but I think there was a girl named Giovanna that competed for Portugal in juniors a couple of seasons ago.
    Giovanna Almeida Leto skated for Portugal in the early 2000s, during which time that country was a provisional member of the ISU.

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast