Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

vCash
    http://www.morozov-team.com/article/90.html

Via Google Translate:
    "Now all the skaters involved in my group, rest and recover before the new season - said Nikolai Morozov. - For April 23 we fly to the first staging camp in the U.S.. Prepare for the new season - to put the program to work on the supports, jump elements - we start in New York. The group - Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsalapov, Alena Leonova and Artur Dmitriev. A little later we will be joined Frenchman Florent Amodio and Japan's Daisuke Takahashi. Also hold a gathering in America Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov, with which we will work on new programs. "
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    What about Pushkash and Gureiro? He didn't mention them. Did they leave him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

Via Google Translate:
    "Now all the skaters involved in my group, rest and recover before the new season - said Nikolai Morozov. - For April 23 we fly to the first staging camp in the U.S.. Prepare for the new season - to put the program to work on the supports, jump elements - we start in New York. The group - Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsalapov, Alena Leonova and Artur Dmitriev. A little later we will be joined Frenchman Florent Amodio and Japan's Daisuke Takahashi. Also hold a gathering in America Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov, with which we will work on new programs. "
    Daisuke...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

Via Google Translate:
    Dai
    Well, I guess we shouldn't expect revolutionary programmes from V/T, again :/...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    Dai
    Well, I guess we shouldn't expect revolutionary programmes from V/T, again :/...
    Maybe Morozov will find new lows for them and I/K. I have no idea how he could come up with material worse than that Godfather SP and Ghost FD, but if there is anyone who can do it, it's him. I'm a bit excited. But also sad because of all the wasted talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    Dai
    They mentioned in a few interviews that they are completely glad with Morozov's works and glad with the "second mark" they receive for them. Why to change something that works well, right? Especially now, when they got gold and were 20 points ahead. So don't expect any "Pina"s from them.
    Which is a real pity, of course.

vCash
    Volosozhar had mentioned they would like to work with Camerlengo. I'm not sure if she meant this season or just in general it was pretty vague.

vCash
    I don't think the international judges were less appreciative of Morozov's choreographies for Takahashi than Wilson's and Camerlengo's. Quality on the jumps, especially the quad, is where Takahashi is lacking and what matters IMO is what Morozov can do for Takahashi as a technical coach.

Holds true for Volosozhar/Trankov, if most of the big tricks work for them, they have nothing to worry about. I/K is a bit more complicated case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Volosozhar had mentioned they would like to work with Camerlengo. I'm not sure if she meant this season or just in general it was pretty vague.
    I can't be sure I read ALL their interviews , but in the interview I saw Camerlengo was mentioned by journalist as an option and Volosozhar answered that they prefer not to experiment, everything is fine with what they have and that Camerlengo doesn't have much experience with pairs. Interview was taken during TEB 2011 AFAIK. Maybe since then they changed their plans? But in their later interviews I saw the same motive of "no more changes needed".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    She fell on the first flip- like she singled the first flip at euros. Obviously a huge glaring problem is flip control.
    Not necessarily. It can be where the flip is in the program, for example if it is after something that she considers difficult, so she spends her energy and concentration on the thing before and then looses concentration for the flip, or it can be the position of the flip on the ice. For example, I used to have in my program Salchow that was coming against the barrier and although I always had plenty of space for the Salchow, I rushed it too much (worried that I would run out of space) and it never worked. Then I swapped Salchow with loop; loop wasn't a problem at that particular space in the program because you go into it backwards so it wasn't playing with my head that I have to rush otherwise I will end up on the barrier, and the Salchow wasn't a problem at the place where the loop originally was. Sometimes there is a really silly reason why someone can't land a jump in one program although they may be landing it fine out of program or at any other place in the program. We will see how she is doing with her flips next season with new programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Not necessarily. It can be where the flip is in the program, for example if it is after something that she considers difficult, so she spends her energy and concentration on the thing before and then looses concentration for the flip, or it can be the position of the flip on the ice. For example, I used to have in my program Salchow that was coming against the barrier and although I always had plenty of space for the Salchow, I rushed it too much (worried that I would run out of space) and it never worked. Then I swapped Salchow with loop; loop wasn't a problem at that particular space in the program because you go into it backwards so it wasn't playing with my head that I have to rush otherwise I will end up on the barrier, and the Salchow wasn't a problem at the place where the loop originally was. Sometimes there is a really silly reason why someone can't land a jump in one program although they may be landing it fine out of program or at any other place in the program. We will see how she is doing with her flips next season with new programs.
    Well the first flip is after 3/3 combo where she sometimes ur the triple toe and then the second flip is usually after tHe 2a 3t where she usually urs the triple toe. So having flips after uring triple toes is probably wrong. Maybe she starts with 3 flip then does 3lz-e 3tur and puts the salchow in between the 2/3 and flip. That's worth experimenting with.
    Last edited by caseyedwards; 04-16-2013 at 09:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Daisuke...
    My feelings exactly.

vCash
    I agree with Hanca – having troubles to land a jump in competition does not always mean that it’s a bad jump for a skater. If the flip would be a trouble jump for Adelina, she’d probably replaced it by a loop for her short programme. My personal impression is that she has kind of mental block with it – when she was in Oberstdorf, she just did fine in practice and she landed two triple flips in her exhibition. Again a skater would probably not pick his trouble jumps for exhibitions.

But unfortunately that jump didn`t work a couple of times when it counted and now it looks like Adelina does to much thinking before entering it. At CoR for example you could see her hesitation when doing it with the result that she’d lost her timing for that jump. I think she just needs more confidence and let it naturally go like in practice – but then this is of course quite easily said, but not that easily done.

vCash
    New article on Alena Leonova entitled "Leonova tries sports journalism." Reads:-

Alena Leonova for one day became a journalist of the major Russian online sports [site] R-Sport. This event [came as] a surprise [to her] as she initially supposed she was going to tour the media [centre].

“My friend, a journalist Andrey Simonenko, invited me on a tour to show where and how he works. But when I came to visit him, I found that they plan to make a mini-movie about me, in which I play a role of an employee of the agency. I liked the idea and we started filming.” Leonova wrote

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Well the first flip is after 3/3 combo where she sometimes ur the triple toe and then the second flip is usually after tHe 2a 3t where she usually urs the triple toe. So having flips after uring triple toes is probably wrong. Maybe she starts with 3 flip then does 3lz-e 3tur and puts the salchow in between the 2/3 and flip. That's worth experimenting with.
    Triple-triple and 2A-triple T are hard combinations. I think what may be happening is that Adelina concentrates so much on those combinations that she doesn't concentrate on the immediately following jump because she may consider it in comparison easy. Also, if she makes a mistake on the combination, she may thing about it for a few seconds while she should be concentrating on what is coming next - then she makes a mistake on the flip. We will see if the same issue comes up with her new programs.

vCash
    Triple-triple and 2A-triple T are hard combinations. I think what may be happening is that Adelina concentrates so much on those combinations that she doesn't concentrate on the immediately following jump because she may consider it in comparison easy. Also, if she makes a mistake on the combination, she may thing about it for a few seconds while she should be concentrating on what is coming next - then she makes a mistake on the flip. We will see if the same issue comes up with her new programs.
    That's why so many Sometimes do combos second after starting with a solo. So if she makes a mistake she will be onto her third jump! Hopefully having done the rotations and or landing the first two. But it's best do experiment from not to the first gp including senior b's because changing programs around as the season progresses rarely works. Like Doing different things at different gps. And maybe have a buffer jump be an easier jump - but sometimes even the easiest can be tricky If the heads not there. So there's lots to work on.

On Artur Gachinski's BANDWAGON (thanx l'etoile!)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I'm not going to worry about the spin at this point. All that matters to me right now is that he landed every single one of his jumps. That hasn't happened since...um...well, it's been a while now. So I'm very happy for him and hope this is just a new beginning. Can't wait to see what he puts down for the FS (I wonder if it'll be Anna Karenina or if that one's not finished yet?).

*doing a happy dance*
    YES!! I was so excited for him after watching this skate. it wasn't perfect, but it was MUCH better in the realm of his jumps. He actually nailed the quad in the FP, the landing, rotation and take-off were beautiful... Sure, he didn't plan the double in the SP, but these things happen. I LOVED his interview after the competition...Wonderful way to end Hell Season, and perhaps the perfect way to get back on track to be the skater I know he truly is. Oh, and HE DIDN'T Fall!
    Last edited by Triple Axel; 04-17-2013 at 10:55 PM.

On Artur Gachinski's BANDWAGON (thanx l'etoile!)
    vCash
    He does have a point though. It is like if the title 'world champion' (and Olympic champion) will loose its value. Suddenly there will be so many champions... and some of them would have never earned the title on their own. Let's say Japan wins the team event (based on the strength of their men and ladies). That will mean that their pair (Takahashi with new partner) will be comparable to let's say Savchenko/Szolkovy or Volosozhar/Trankov (or whoever wins the Olympic pair event). The same for their dancers - Reed/Reed's title will be suddenly comparable to Virtue/Moir or Davis/White.
    Nah. It's just Alyosha being Alyosha. Something happened to the sweet kid who won the Olympics back in 2002. Seriously. He's very cynical now, and looks at the world, and especially the SKATING world, usually with angry, judgemental eyes. It breaks my heart. Sad to say, I still adore him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Axel View Post
    Nah. It's just Alyosha being Alyosha. Something happened to the sweet kid who won the Olympics back in 2002. Seriously. He's very cynical now, and looks at the world, and especially the SKATING world, usually with angry, judgemental eyes. It breaks my heart. Sad to say, I still adore him.
    I see nothing cynical, or angry and judgemental about this statement. Firstly, it's true. Secondly, knowing what I do about Yagudin, it was most likely meant in a joking manner. He just has a dry sense of humor like that - yes, probably a bit blunt and not understandable to everyone.

vCash
    Yagudin is not cynical, he is just painfully honest. Always.

Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast