Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    me to
    they should have gone to Moskvina, after 2014 when K/S retire
    they will have her full attention
    Me too! Moskvina team's program fits them very well

vCash
    It can't hurt being near v/t for b/l. Hopefully volosozhar could be an inspiration to jump better for bazarova! Just thinking of volo possibly making bazarova better by proximity lol is something!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    "Russia’s figure skating reputation on thin ice": http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/03/22/a...n-on-thin-ice/
    Is the rink constructed in Guatemala still functioning?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viviabond View Post
    http://winter.sport-express.ru/figur...reviews/29860/
    As this news said, Vera and Yuri are coached by Nina Moser?
    I wonder what they mean when they say that Bazarova needs to fully restore (google translation, so it may not be even there!). I thought that it was Larionov who had broken his wrist. Does Bazarova have some ongoing health problems or injuries?

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Interesting, that someone thinks that Mozer/Morosov wouldn't be good choices for B/L because of all the attention being focused on V/T; yet, think that Moskvina would be a good choice....ummm, doesn't Moskvina still have K/S, and wouldn't there be an issue of having enough time and attention to focus on two top groups there just as well as there would be with Mozer and crew?
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    I recall listening to Maxim Trankov saying he would like another top pair involved in their training team...so I think B/L are very much welcomed
    Dunno if Vera's jump problems can be solved as she hasn't got any natural spring to her jumps, but they both can work with their on ice connection development and having V/T there will help them a lot, as it is truly their forte and one of the best at it atm

vCash
    Vera Bazarova and Yuri Larionov confirm switching to Mozer: http://fsrussia.ru/news/528_vera-baz...akogo-tolchka/

Say that they will continue working with Ludmila Vlasova and plan a trip to the US to treat Vera's chronic hip injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Interesting, that someone thinks that Mozer/Morosov wouldn't be good choices for B/L because of all the attention being focused on V/T; yet, think that Moskvina would be a good choice....ummm, doesn't Moskvina still have K/S, and wouldn't there be an issue of having enough time and attention to focus on two top groups there just as well as there would be with Mozer and crew?
    The reasoning for me not wanting moser to coach them isn't that moser is a bad coach. It's just that her priorities are elsewhere. And Morozov is a god awful choreographer.
    Whereas Moskvina is a good coach and would focus more on BL because they'd be her top team. And she isn't an awful choreographer.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    She's also 70 something and has said she's considering retirement. Plus, her teams have crashy split twists and B/L's is a thing of beauty.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    The reasoning for me not wanting moser to coach them isn't that moser is a bad coach. It's just that her priorities are elsewhere. And Morozov is a god awful choreographer.
    Whereas Moskvina is a good coach and would focus more on BL because they'd be her top team. And she isn't an awful choreographer.
    B/L would be her top team? Not sure where you get that from.

Moser can't be in two placed at once so with V/T being her #1 and going into the Olympic season, B/L will get what's left. It reminds me of Ingo coaching S/S and V/M, one team isn't going to get the undivided attention they deserve but in reality they didn't have many options. All they can really hope for is great choreography (Moser can't give them that) and someone to help with technique and they had that before and it didn't help.

ETA: Moskvina doesn't choreograph for her team and it has been stated several times she is retiring after 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    me to
    they should have gone to Moskvina, after 2014 when K/S retire
    they will have her full attention
    Isn't Moskvina retiring after Sochi though?

vCash
    Well, they say in the article that they want to continue working with their old choreographer Ludmila Vlasova, so you don't have to worry about their programs.

Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    B/L would be her top team? Not sure where you get that from.

Moser can't be in two placed at once so with V/T being her #1 and going into the Olympic season, B/L will get what's left. It reminds me of Ingo coaching S/S and V/M, one team isn't going to get the undivided attention they deserve but in reality they didn't have many options. All they can really hope for is great choreography (Moser can't give them that) and someone to help with technique and they had that before and it didn't help.
    I think a bit of healthy competition can't hurt. Besides, Zoueva has Virtue-Moir, Davis-White and Shibutanis. Is anyone saying that Davis-White are getting what is left because she spends more time with Virtue-Moir? The same with Orser having Fernandes, Hanyu, Gedevanishvilly... Yao-Bin had both Pang-Tong and Zhang-Zhang.

I wouldn't compare it to Ingo Steuer coaching S/S and V/M, because he was at some point in relationship with Aliona. Besides, the fact that one coach can't pay attention to more couples doesn't mean that some other coach (e.g. Mozer) in the same situation couldn't do better.

vCash
    I wish B&L had gone to Moskvina, but we will see how it works out with Mozer. May be they will be inspired by watching V&T.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    I meant Mozer/Morosov as in Stanislav Morosov....

vCash
    Elizaveta Tuktamysheva and Alexei Mishin were interviewed about her debut at Worlds (includes video): http://piter.tv/event/LIZA/

Another interview with her post-Worlds: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Besides, the fact that one coach can't pay attention to more couples doesn't mean that some other coach (e.g. Mozer) in the same situation couldn't do better.
    Don't Russian coaches teach in groups as a rule?
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Well, they say in the article that they want to continue working with their old choreographer Ludmila Vlasova, so you don't have to worry about their programs.
    Vlasova doesn't create programs AFAIK, she is a former ballerina and works mostly on lines, polishing some moves, positions. More of a choreographer in process who works with skaters all season. But Mozer's skaters work with different choreographers, not only Morozov, and she also said B/L will have a completely different team than V/T
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Don't Russian coaches teach in groups as a rule?
    Yes, but there can be more than one group. And Mozer already mentioned that V/T and B/L will be in different groups which means different schedule, so I don't think that will be a problem

vCash
    Nikolai Morozov post-Worlds interview on "his"(?) site: http://www.morozov-team.com/article/67.html
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Hmmm. I want to smoke whatever he's on. Somehow Leonova's 13th place finish was a "success" of sorts, and oh yeah, there are excuses for everyone else's placements....hmmm. (of his team)

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    It sounds he's saying both Takahashi and Amodio had touring on their plate to the detriment of their results, too, as if he's a parent saying "I told you so," and hopefully they will have learned their lesson for next year if they want good results.

I do hope Takahashi can get his boot issues resolved. Generally 4C's is not a consideration in the Olympic year, unless they are at home.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast